I'd like to welcome my newest follower, NikkiC, thanks for joining me, hope some of you will stop by her blog at some point too.
Action packed post alert - with lots going on including crafting, birthday wishes and the F.F. which comes with a bonus video this week too, calm yourselves - this isn't going to happen every week but I saw this and thought of you (all)!
Been a funny old week again at the Purple Palace with lots going on - downhill run at the decorating which should finally get finished today, with the fitting of the new carpet that we've had since September and have been treating as a roundabout!!! Yesterday we hit IKEA for some bookcases and accoutrement's! Always nice to have something new to play with. Once the carpet fitters have been and done their funky "thaing" today then it will be on-line to order the new furniture for next day delivery (desk, filing cabinet) and then - BINGO, all done!! Woo Hoo. I'm away for a few days next week so, if it's not all done by the time I go then guess what my dear hubby will be doing whilst I'm away?!?!?! Bet you can't, can you? Of course if we DO finish it all and the weather is nice then he'll be out in the garden taming the winter wilderness instead! I think crafting with a pal beats either of his options!
|The front of the envelope and the insert|
|The back of the envelope and both the front and back of the card|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of card 9 x 13cm
- Snippets of green card (from the Costco pack of double sided that I've had for aeons!)
- Black card cut to mat the panel for the front, using a 1.6mm border
- Low tack tape used to mask off a section which was then coloured using Distress Inks in twisted citron and lucky clover to simulate "ombre" and an egg shaped sponge
- Memory Box stencil through which I sponged the Distress Ink in peacock feathers
- See D's sentiment stamped using Brilliance pearlescent olive ink
- Hero Arts star stamped using Memento bamboo leaves ink including on to a snippet of white card which I then fussy cut out
- Stampendous "wire star border" image stamped using Memento bamboo leaves on to the green snippet
- Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Fusion - March 3rd challenge - LUCKY DAYS - USE SKETCH or INSPIRATION PHOTO or BOTH .... I used the clover/lucky and colour element and picked up on the star from sketch and, actually, I used a sketch from a previous challenge ... Feb 18th's challenge
- The Card Concept - challenge No. 50 - SHAMROCKS, PATTERNS and GREENS ..... I used greens and patterns and one of my greens was lucky clover!!! Style No. 2 - Clean and Layered
- Stampin' Royalty - challenge No. 319 - GOING GREEN (recycling or using green)
- D.L. Art Thankful Thursday - challenge No. 175 - FROG and/or USE GREEN
- Curtain Call - March 1st challenge - KEY LIME INSPIRATION.
And, as if that one F.F. wasn't enough, here's a bonus video .. if animals were fat! ENJOY this too
|JAN and WYNNETH|