Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Welcome to Wednesday - time to share your desks again!

Morning all

First order of business? To welcome my latest follower, Sharon, thanks for opting to follow me. I hope all or some of you will follow my link to her blog too.

Yesterday was a fun day ...... in some ways and soooo not in others!!! First of all there was physio in the morning, felt like I'd done ten rounds with Henry Cooper (remember him!) and it HURT!" but then it was an early dinner with pals which .... surprisingly enough, DIDN'T hurt! I know which was more fun too!

Whilst chatting electronically with a pal we discussed a sketch we both quite liked, Lilian posted her make on Monday and you can see it here, but below is my take on the challenge ....


My card
The back of my card and envelope
The front of my envelope and the inside of the card
Materials used:
  • 15cm white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of white card from which I cut two pieces, each 13½cm square and the strip leftover used for my image panel and die cut circles
  • One piece of A4 navy cardstock from which I cut two pieces of 14cm square and used the leftovers for matting my newsprint and die cutting matting circles
  • Circle dies in two sizes
  • Navy organza ribbon wrapped around the white card square and secured in place with tape before matting the white card on to navy
  • Darcie's newsprint image stamped on to white snippet using Memento Paris dusk ink before matting on to navy card
  • Fiskars border stamped twice on to one of my 13½cm square panels
  • Visible Image scribbled circle stamped twice (for each "circle) using Hero Arts neon blue and once using Memento Paris dusk before filling in the circles with a small circle design from the JOFY #14 set using Memento Mediterranean blu
  • Sentiment (also from the Paper Artsy JOFY #14 set) stamped using Memento Paris dusk on to a snippet of white card, cut in to a banner and matted on the last little snippet of navy - BINGO two pieces of card (white and navy) used in their entirety! Doesn't happen often!


Stamp sets and inks used

I chose shades of blue to make this a more masculine card whilst not excluding it from a female recipient. I'll be entering my make for the following challenges:-
  1. The Paper Players - challenge No. 284 - SKETCH - see below
  2. Kraftin' Kimmie - challenge No. 320 - CARD FOR A GUY
  3. That's Crafty - February 19th challenge - CIRCLE IT
  4. A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crafting by Designs - March challenge - ANYTHING GOES
 


Over on facebook Erika Philpot took delivery of the Visible Image INKognito eye and I posted that I was hanging my head in shame as I have the image myself and hadn't ever inked it!! I've had it since NOVEMBER!!!! Needless to say she challenged me to use it and (equally needless to say) I rose to the challenge!




Materials used:-
  • ATC blank (I'm using name tag badges which are a little flimsy for ATC's on their own so .....)
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • Visible Image INKognito eye stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • TCW mini circles stencil through which I applied Distress Ink in wilted violet using an egg shaped sponge
  • INKTENSE blue pencil and a water brush to add colour to her eye
  • Visible Image mini flourish, border edge, stamped all around the outer edge and the circle design to the corners (from the Paper Artsy set JOFY #14)  using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. DJKardKreations - challenge No. 6 - NBUS .... the beautiful V.I. image is NBUS
  2. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 40 - ANYTHING GOES



And now since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ..... see other desks here .. those drawers will remain open whilst I still have my bad back ... went to physio yesterday so feeling a little better this morning, thankfully


Still not tidy
I'm pleased to report that I won over at Ruby's Rainbow today too, no prize, just the kudos! Thanks peeps, for picking my entry


Photobucket with this card 

19 comments:

Vicky Fisher said...

love how you coordinated the envelope to the card. Happy WOYWW Vicky #3

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well done Missus. You're on fire at the moment with all your wins. I LOVE that image AND your fabulous card. Not surprised at all that it went down such a storm.

Well done on breaking out the gorgeous VI Eye again. It is, indeed, a lovely image.

Have a great day.

Lx

Barb said...

Well done on your win. How could anyone not pick that grumpy cat! There doesn't look a lot of room left on your desk Kathy. A bit like mine at the moment. I love your eye. I've had that stamp for ages and not used it yet umm!! Glad to hear your feeling better after the visit to the phsio. Barbxx

Debs M said...

That is a great sketch and a great card! Well done on using your NBUS - that stamp is fabby and well done on your win x

Marilyn Webb said...

Wonderful card and great take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

judith@poppy cottage said...

Fabulous card, envelope and ATC, love the blues. Congratulations on the win too. Great to have a nosy at your desk, happy WOYWW, Judith xx #32

Diane Futrell said...

Fab job and great explanation!
Diane WOYWW #31

SARN said...

Fab card + ATC mate. Hope the physio helps ease the back for you xxxx

Lisca Meijer said...

Congratulations on winning Ruby's Rainbow with your cat card.
I hope your back gets better soon. You know what they say... if a physio treatment does not hurt, it's not going to help.
Have a good week,
Lisca

lilian said...

Love the take on the sketch Kathy,

Well done on your win,

Lilian

Sharon said...

I love the card you made on the sketch. Lovely! Congrats on the win - it's a very cute card.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #42

Julia Dunnit said...

I have the Visible Image stamp too, certainly have had it since it arrived at Shopkeeper Gal's and I haven't even taken it out of the packet! Erika and I are past neighbours, she'll be amazed at how small the world is! Great makes..love what you did with the circles.

Sharon said...

Awww. Thanks for the welcome Kathy. Popped over because I saw you were on WOYWW too and wanted a nosey ;-)
Fabulous card, really loving the hues of blue you picked.
Congrats on your win too.
Sharon xx

Helen said...

I love those visible image stamps! great cards too. hope physio is now a distant (painful) memory! Helen #2

Nikki C said...

Pretty card and it's so sweet the extra touch of matching the envelopes to the card. Plus envelope art makes the post man a smile too
Happy WOYWW hugs Nikki 4

Viv said...

Lots of lovely makes here Kathy, hope the back is better soon...well done on the win too ;) Viv xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved kudos for that fab card, Kathy! I love your card here and your very striking eyeball ATC!! It's fierce, as the kids say!! You rose to the challenge and then some and used your NBUS in the process! Thank you so much for playing in my challenge!! Now, on a serious note, I'm sorry to hear about your back and I hope it is all straightened out in short order!! Hugs, Darnell

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant ATC and amazing eye image -----Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
Carol DT x
congrats on your win too

Danielle Vincent said...

Blue is such a perfect color for masculine cards (I think) and the design is actually great for a guy or gal (I would love to receive it). thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges.