Yesterday was a fun day ...... in some ways and soooo not in others!!! First of all there was physio in the morning, felt like I'd done ten rounds with Henry Cooper (remember him!) and it HURT!" but then it was an early dinner with pals which .... surprisingly enough, DIDN'T hurt! I know which was more fun too!
Whilst chatting electronically with a pal we discussed a sketch we both quite liked, Lilian posted her make on Monday and you can see it here, but below is my take on the challenge ....
|The back of my card and envelope|
|The front of my envelope and the inside of the card|
- 15cm white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- One piece of white card from which I cut two pieces, each 13½cm square and the strip leftover used for my image panel and die cut circles
- One piece of A4 navy cardstock from which I cut two pieces of 14cm square and used the leftovers for matting my newsprint and die cutting matting circles
- Circle dies in two sizes
- Navy organza ribbon wrapped around the white card square and secured in place with tape before matting the white card on to navy
- Darcie's newsprint image stamped on to white snippet using Memento Paris dusk ink before matting on to navy card
- Fiskars border stamped twice on to one of my 13½cm square panels
- Visible Image scribbled circle stamped twice (for each "circle) using Hero Arts neon blue and once using Memento Paris dusk before filling in the circles with a small circle design from the JOFY #14 set using Memento Mediterranean blu
- Sentiment (also from the Paper Artsy JOFY #14 set) stamped using Memento Paris dusk on to a snippet of white card, cut in to a banner and matted on the last little snippet of navy - BINGO two pieces of card (white and navy) used in their entirety! Doesn't happen often!
|Stamp sets and inks used|
I chose shades of blue to make this a more masculine card whilst not excluding it from a female recipient. I'll be entering my make for the following challenges:-
- The Paper Players - challenge No. 284 - SKETCH - see below
- Kraftin' Kimmie - challenge No. 320 - CARD FOR A GUY
- That's Crafty - February 19th challenge - CIRCLE IT
- A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting by Designs - March challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Over on facebook Erika Philpot took delivery of the Visible Image INKognito eye and I posted that I was hanging my head in shame as I have the image myself and hadn't ever inked it!! I've had it since NOVEMBER!!!! Needless to say she challenged me to use it and (equally needless to say) I rose to the challenge!
- ATC blank (I'm using name tag badges which are a little flimsy for ATC's on their own so .....)
- Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
- Visible Image INKognito eye stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- TCW mini circles stencil through which I applied Distress Ink in wilted violet using an egg shaped sponge
- INKTENSE blue pencil and a water brush to add colour to her eye
- Visible Image mini flourish, border edge, stamped all around the outer edge and the circle design to the corners (from the Paper Artsy set JOFY #14) using Delicata golden glitz ink
- Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
- DJKardKreations - challenge No. 6 - NBUS .... the beautiful V.I. image is NBUS
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 40 - ANYTHING GOES
And now since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ..... see other desks here .. those drawers will remain open whilst I still have my bad back ... went to physio yesterday so feeling a little better this morning, thankfully
|Still not tidy|