Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all

I recently started journalling again .. having not done any for AGES .. since I lost my A4 journal .. replaced it with an A5 instead and rediscovered the joy of faffing with colouring mediums ..


My Journal page
And a closer view
Materials used:
  • A5 Crawford & Black journal page
  • White gesso
  • Reeves black and white acrylic paints, thinned with a little water and applied as a colour wash to my page
  • Stencils through which I applied Ranger Archival jet black ink using a piece of cut and dry .. as you can see in the photo below, this does stain the stencils but I suspect it won't do any long term damage
  • Paper Artsy images from the one set and stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Color Box white pigment ink
  • Crafters Companion "lines" image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Distress Crayons from the neutrals and earth tones used to add a little colour
  • Faber Castell "F" pitt pen used to doodle some lines along with a Sharpie purple marker




I quite like the more industrial colour scheme of this layout! Makes a change from my more usual brights! Is it finished? Who knows? There's plenty of scope to revisit the layout .. maybe add more colour and/or detail to the butterflies, ad some texture maybe some twinkle .. now, where did I put that glass bead glitter gel?!?!?!

Yesterday we visited my dear hubby's local model flying field, following the recent dreadful weather he wanted to see if the field was usable ... sadly that was a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's only been re-opened a week as we've had the wettest weather! Sorry boys, you'll have to find something else to amuse yourselves!


See the pond? Well, that's NORMALLY their designated PARKING AREA!!!
And now, since it's Wednesday ... it's time for a peek at the messy space I work in ..... yes, needs tidying, as always! You caught me mid gesso. I thought I would crack on and gesso a few journal pages in readiness!




I shall be sharing this over at WOYWW, week #356 too - I DO love to check out how other crafters organise their space!

18 comments:

jill said...

A lovely journal page Kathy.

Neet said...

I find an A5 journal much easier to work with than the larger ones - more portable for a start so it means you can carry it around with you. Enjoy your new journal.
Thanks for the visit - Neet 11 x

SARN said...

OOPS . . . sorry for catching you mid-gesso! Will knock before entering next time! LOL!

Fab looking journal page . . . but I highly suspect you'll add a bit more to that page yet!

Happy WOYWW xxx



Chidkid said...

Lovely looking journal page..I couldn't tackle an A4 page at all..A5 works best for me too. Elaine no.19

glitterandglue said...

Lovely page - I expect you may well add some colour - maybe even a little purple...
That field certainly wasn't up to being a carpark, was it. The field opposite us here was looking good - 'til the weekend! Now it's just soggy everywhere again. Getting gorgeous water birds in though...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #21

Vicky Fisher said...

I want a tub of gesso like that. Happy WOYWW Vicky #8

Cara said...

Happy Wednesday! Loving your journal page. Looks fabulous. You always seem so organised in your creativ space, #jealous! Cara x

Debs M said...

fab page and your desk looks industrious to x

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love your pages. i keep intending to start some art journalling, just haven't got round to it yet! Love your colours.Lolled at your menfolk and their flooded field. I see you have IKEA drawers- aren't they just the best? Have a great week,Hugs, Shaz #7xx

lilian said...

Love the journal page Kathy, Well done,
You seem to have got back into very nicely

Lilian

Sharon said...

Lovely journal page! I haven't done any for a long time either - too sidetracked by other things!

That field does look soggy. Hopefully it will dry out soon.

Have a great week
Sharon K #42

Diane Futrell said...

Great journal page!!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #34

Tracey said...

Fab photos Kathy & I love your journal page :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx
#51

Loll said...

Love your journal page Kathy. It looks like a lot of fun and a great way to try out layering techniques, products, etc. Maybe I should start doing this. Hmmm ... would be fun!

Your desk looks pretty tidy to me.

xx

Sandy Leigh said...

Pretty journaling! Thanks for visiting. Sandy Leigh #61

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab pages. Journalling can be fun but time consuming I find! Take care. Zo xx 41

Plush Possum Studio said...

There is a sense of something hidden, or a mysterious tone to this work. I like how thin layers play against each other in a single work. Nice job!

Plush Possum Studio said...

P.S. Might I borrow your "procraftinating" button please?