Friday, 8 April 2016

Another weekend? It MUST be time for the Friday Funny . . . . .

And one where we don't have a whole lot planned!

Morning peeps,

A new challenge blog started last month and incorporates two of my fave genres, CAS (Clean And Simple) AND Mixed media - perfick! So, with the advent of their second challenge I found myself powerless NOT to enter!!!


My card
And a view of the gloriously twinkly Glass Bead Glitter Gel
And a close up of the wondrous Glass Bead Glitter Gel, taken whilst still wet as I THINK
the beads are more obvious when wet .. and the twinkle more obvious when dry!
Front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card panels cut to 9 x 13cm 
  • Orange panel cut to mat the above, leaving a 1.6mm border
  • Low tack tape to mask off my image panel
  • White gesso
  • Distress Crayons: mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry from the set  of "BRIGHTS", blended with a moistened finger
  • TCW (grungy lines) and Memory Box (grungy squares) stencils used with a baby wipe, to knock back colour 
  • Dylusions circles and Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Dylusions scribbled border stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel applied through a TCW mini circles stencil with a spatula

Materials used

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. CAS Mix Up - April challenge - CAS and MIXED MEDIA  .... must feature stamping, stencilling + my choice ..... 
  2. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Mod Squad - April 6th challenge - SHOW US YOUR BACKGROUNDS
  4. Simon Says Stamp - April 6th challenge  - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to celebrate the SSS blog's 7th birthday
  5. Stampin' Royalty - challenge No. SR#324 - ANYTHING GOES




And now, just for fun, here's some mail art ..


I've blanked out the address, for obvious reasons
Materials used:- 
  • White DL envelope
  • Low tack tape to mask off the area to decorate
  • Distress Inks: broken china and carved pumpkin, applied with a Tim Holtz mini blender and foam pad ..... I coloured the broken china first, then the orange taking the excess orange over the top of the broken china - initially I thought it would just go brown but, actually, I liked the grungier colour which then sent me looking for different stamps than I had planned to use! Life (and crafting) is like that, don't you find?
  • Crafters Companion edgy lines and Visible Image border from the Craft Stamper free "mini flourish" stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Crafters Companions "circles" and "star in circle" images stamped using Ranger archival cobalt blue ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel, to seal and protect the water based inks in transit - you KNOW what our weather is like!

I'll be entering the above for the As you like it challenge which, this time round is "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" ..... you have to explain why too. So .. MAIL ART, why do I like to do it? Well, I enjoy the creative process of card making and often make my envelopes match and, when sending snail mail, who DOESN'T smile when they see an embellished envelope just for them? I know I do!, I can't wait to see what's inside and I KNOW it won't be a bill!

Since it IS Friday here is this week's Friday Funny which I saw yesterday on Facebook and it struck a chord with me.


Even Crocs make footwear fashion statements!

Having had a few REALLY busy weekends lately and last week was manic as it was Craftathon 2016 (pix on a separate page which may be found on my sidebar) ..... aside from having some friends join us for for dinner this evening we have NOTHING PLANNED this weekend and I suspect we shall use the downtime wisely!

16 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Simply smashing card Mrs and I thoroughly enjoyed your step outs too.

We'll say nothing about your reptilian friend.... bleugh...

Lx

lilian said...

Love the card Kathy, good luck with it, worth a win

Great F F

Lilian

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great CAS mixed media card, was very interested in the beads, must pin this idea.

Mind you have so many undone pinned ones... But do find it helps recall ideas.
Thanks so much for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Di said...

Wonderful card Kathy - should be a winner IMHO!! Really striking.

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

I love you CAS card. Great colours and sparkle and the scribbled edge looks fantastic. A really funny photo of the crocodile. Makes a change from a clock! Barbxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the perfect CAS design of this Kathy, I have glass bead gel and used it once, bit didn't look anything special on my card, yours looks amazing! Have a great weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Loll said...

So creative and fun Kathy. Love the whimsical design of your stitched circles, along with the glass bead gel. The colours are so pretty and bright. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Enjoy your laid-back weekend! xx

Bonnie said...

What a happy, fun card, Kathy! I love the angle and brightness of your design! Super use of mixed media and still awesomely CAS! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cara said...

Fab card, but will you please stop tempting me with the glass beads, my bank account just can't take much more! Loved the mail art too and the funny certainly made me smile. Enjoy a relaxing weekend, Cara x

Brenda said...

What a treat the mail art would be. Your card is wonderful ,too. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

SARN said...

What? Is that a croc with a CROC in its mouth? There is no accounting for, er, taste!!!! LOL!

Super smashing uber cool card by the way! Very stylish.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

serendipity said...

fab cards, love the bright colours and the sparkly glass bead paste. That's definitely on my list of urgent necessities.

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous card, love all the different elements.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Brenda said...

Love your CAS Mix media card Kathy! It is bright, cheery and so fun. I so need me some of that sparkle bead paste, it looks so fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

Squirrel x said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, love how you put so much into your envelopes. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It challenge. Hugs xx

Mojca said...

Oh this looks just beautiful! thank you for joining us at As You Like It challenge. Hugs! Mojca