A new challenge blog started last month and incorporates two of my fave genres, CAS (Clean And Simple) AND Mixed media - perfick! So, with the advent of their second challenge I found myself powerless NOT to enter!!!
|And a view of the gloriously twinkly Glass Bead Glitter Gel|
|And a close up of the wondrous Glass Bead Glitter Gel, taken whilst still wet as I THINK|
the beads are more obvious when wet .. and the twinkle more obvious when dry!
|Front and back of my card and the front of my envelope|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- White card panels cut to 9 x 13cm
- Orange panel cut to mat the above, leaving a 1.6mm border
- Low tack tape to mask off my image panel
- White gesso
- Distress Crayons: mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry from the set of "BRIGHTS", blended with a moistened finger
- TCW (grungy lines) and Memory Box (grungy squares) stencils used with a baby wipe, to knock back colour
- Dylusions circles and Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Dylusions scribbled border stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
- Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel applied through a TCW mini circles stencil with a spatula
I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
- CAS Mix Up - April challenge - CAS and MIXED MEDIA .... must feature stamping, stencilling + my choice .....
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
- Mod Squad - April 6th challenge - SHOW US YOUR BACKGROUNDS
- Simon Says Stamp - April 6th challenge - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to celebrate the SSS blog's 7th birthday
- Stampin' Royalty - challenge No. SR#324 - ANYTHING GOES
|I've blanked out the address, for obvious reasons|
- White DL envelope
- Low tack tape to mask off the area to decorate
- Distress Inks: broken china and carved pumpkin, applied with a Tim Holtz mini blender and foam pad ..... I coloured the broken china first, then the orange taking the excess orange over the top of the broken china - initially I thought it would just go brown but, actually, I liked the grungier colour which then sent me looking for different stamps than I had planned to use! Life (and crafting) is like that, don't you find?
- Crafters Companion edgy lines and Visible Image border from the Craft Stamper free "mini flourish" stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
- Crafters Companions "circles" and "star in circle" images stamped using Ranger archival cobalt blue ink
- Paper Artsy splatter stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel, to seal and protect the water based inks in transit - you KNOW what our weather is like!
I'll be entering the above for the As you like it challenge which, this time round is "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" ..... you have to explain why too. So .. MAIL ART, why do I like to do it? Well, I enjoy the creative process of card making and often make my envelopes match and, when sending snail mail, who DOESN'T smile when they see an embellished envelope just for them? I know I do!, I can't wait to see what's inside and I KNOW it won't be a bill!
Since it IS Friday here is this week's Friday Funny which I saw yesterday on Facebook and it struck a chord with me.
|Even Crocs make footwear fashion statements!|
Having had a few REALLY busy weekends lately and last week was manic as it was Craftathon 2016 (pix on a separate page which may be found on my sidebar) ..... aside from having some friends join us for for dinner this evening we have NOTHING PLANNED this weekend and I suspect we shall use the downtime wisely!