Friday, 29 April 2016

Another weekend on the horizon? Time for the Friday Funny then!

Morning readers and followers

Hope you've had a great weekend and a great weekend imminent!

Need a card for a young male teen very soon, I had made a couple of more masculine cards recently but ... for a teen? I wasn't sure so, when I came across this image I felt I'd cracked it!


My card
 
The inside of my card and back of the envelope ... the front and back of my card

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels and one black card panel, for matting
  • Stampers Anonymous image (from the sideshow set) stamped using Ranger Archival Distress Ink in black soot, including once on to a post it which I then cut out, to use as a mask
  • Inkadinkado grungy circles stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
  • Dylusions circles image stamped using Ranger Archival Distress Ink in tea dye, stamped off once to distress the colour still further
  • DRS Designs splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon yellow ink to add just a pop of colour



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 69 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 191 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting by Design - April 27th challenge - LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BOYS AND MEN
  4. Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 250 - FOR THE BOYS
Of course, once I made it I wasn't sure about it so I had another go and then ..guess what? I found I preferred the original - how many times have you done that?


First one (right) or the second one (left)???
What can I say? I'm weak willed .. it CAN'T be because I need new stash .. and yet .. who can resist such special new stash?


Mini Tim Holtz stencils? Perfect!!! Love those "Sideshow" stamps and the neon ink too
It was the arrow which says "round the bend" which sold me on the Dylusions set!

And now for the Friday Funny, coming at you this week courtesy of my pal, Liz

Why I Like Retirement !

Question: How many days in a week? 
Answer: 6 Saturdays, 1 Sunday 
 

Question:
When is a retiree's bedtime? 
Answer: Two hours after he falls asleep on the couch. 


Question: How many retirees to change a light bulb? 
Answer: Only one, but it might take all day. 


Question:What's the biggest gripe of retirees? 
Answer: There is not enough time to get everything done. 


Question:Why don't retirees mind being called Seniors? 
Answer: The term comes with a 10% discount. 


Question:Among retirees, what is considered formal attire? 
Answer: Tied shoes. 


Question:Why do retirees count pennies? 
Answer: They are the only ones who have the time. 


Question:Why are retirees so slow to clean out the basement, attic or garage? 
Answer: They know that as soon as they do, one of their adult kids will want to store stuff there.



Question:What's the biggest advantage of going back to school as a retiree?
Answer: If you cut classes, no one calls your parents. 



Question:Why does a retiree often say he doesn't miss work, but misses the people he used to work with?
Answer: He is too polite to tell the whole truth. 



And, my very favorite....
QUESTION: What do you do all week? 
Answer: Monday through Friday, NOTHING..... Saturday & Sunday, I rest. 

Happy weekend!

9 comments:

Debs M said...

Great makes, loving those stampers anonymous stamps! x

Bobby said...

You put all those elements together so perfectly, Kathy. A teenage boy would love it. Thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week.

SARN said...

Loving the Friday Funny!

. . . and I think your masculine card is perfect for the male teen too! Very arty and cool.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Great male card and super new craft stuff too Kathy!loving the Friday funny of course too ;) Viv xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab cards matey. I think they are BOTH stupendous and I'm loving your purcheases (drool, drool).

Have a great weekend Mrs.

Lx

Barb said...

A great card Kathy. I love the stamp. Your new stash looks good. I like the arrows very much. A very good Friday funny. Barbxx

Rene said...

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Pollard Carole said...

Great card thanks for playing Crafting by Designs Challene hugs Carole DT x

Rae Ann said...

Love the CAS design and the look of this stamp. It really works for a masculine card.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.