Wednesday, 20 April 2016

It's Wednesday once more ....

Hi there readers and followers,

I made this ..... A REALLY Clean And Simple card ....

My card
The front and back of my card and the back of my envelope
The inside of my card
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9.5 x 12.5cm
  • Two light blue card panels cut to 9.9 x 12.9 cm
  • Dina Wakely large star stamped using Brilliance pearlescent sky blue ink
  • Dina Wakely smaller star stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



This card couldn't be MUCH more CAS (and still be a greeting card!) ... I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 272 - USE THREE STAMPS (3rd entry)
  2. AAA Cards - challenge No. 62 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 32 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
And then it was back to my journal page, started a couple of days ago .. can't remember my last post about it? See it here .. this is so NOT Clean And Simple!!


My page
And a closer view
Materials used (in addition to those listed in the linked post):
  • Dylusions border stamped using Ranger Archival jet black
  • White signo uniball used to highlight areas and colour border
  • TCW grungey line stencil through which I sponged Ranger Archival jet black ink, randomly
  • Ranger circles stencil and baby wipe used to knock back colour ... it's alot harder to do once the project is really dry!
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Dina Wakely figure stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Faber Castell Pitt Pen "S" thickness used to write sentiment
  • Inkadinkado scribbled circles stamped using Hero Arts neon orange, Memento lilac posies and Ranger Archival jet black inks
  • Dylusions letter image stamped partially and randomly using Color Box white ink
  • Dylusions circles image stamped partially and randomly using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Stardust stickles used to randomly draw lines around some of the Inkadinkado circles to give texture and interest

And look at this little baby bird ... awwww



And now, since it IS Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday ... here's the desk this week ..


I'll be entering this workdesk for week #359 over at WOYWW

 

24 comments:

SARN said...

BLIMEY . . .that's a bit of a tidy desk . . . have I come to the right blog?????????? LOL!

Ouch, that hit me!

I just LOVE this uber CAS card mate, and your AJ page is utterly brilliant.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

jill said...

You have been busy with crafting . A lovely extra touch stamping on the envelope & will be a same to open it .
Happy crafting Jill #6

Barb said...

You're certainly looking very tidy today. I love those stars and awwww that sweet fluffy baby bird. Barbxx #26

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, that is a simple, yet stunning card! Love it. Awesome colours in your journal too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Great work on your desk today! Happy Wednesday, Cindy #29

Debs M said...

VERY cas card - looks fabby tho! Loving the journal page too x

Angela Radford said...

Great card, I find the CAS cards quite difficult. Love the journal page too and your lovely tidy desk though if it's likw mine it wont stop that way for long. Happy woyww, Angela x 25

Cara said...

Two very different styles demonstrated there, but both are fabulous. Is that really your workspace, I fill that much space with clutter before I even start crafting! Cara x

Art Newbie said...

Cute Thanks you card! Thanks for playing at TTCRD with us this week! I hope I will see you soon!
Hugs,

Alessandra - DT

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card Mrs. Super work desk too. Mine, I'm afraid, is nowhere NEAR as tidy as that!!?? I am hanging my head in shame... honest ;oD

Lx

Sid said...

Great cards Kathy ! Love your LIM star !!

Sharon Koole said...

Very tidy desk!

Love the simplicity of the Thank You card. It looks stunning.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #49

BJ said...

Love the simple card, just the ticket. The journal page got me seeing drums, but I guess that is because my son plays them! Happy WOYWW - BJ #17.

Coralynn Murray said...

Love the CAS feel or your card and love how you did up the envelope to match. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Sarah Gray said...

A fab CAS design - love those slightly grungy stars :) Your journal page looks amazing too - very vibrant and creative. Good to see you over at Less is More again!

Esther said...

Fabulous cards! The LIM entry is so perfectly CAS and really impactful with the space around the star. Love the journal page too!

CraftygasheadZo said...

What a wonderful desk - love the makes too. Take care Zo xx 35

Sharon said...

Wowzers! You are on a roll this week Kathy. What a stunningly CAS card Kathy. That star looks amazing.
Love your journal page too - you are so versatile! My goodness, I wish my desk was as tidy as yours.
Thank you for joining us again this week at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Blue Daisy said...

Love this! Nice and clean and simple! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Tracyx

Anne said...

Kathy what a superstar of a card! Love your journal page too
Thank you so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Maaike Uijthoven said...

three entries, wowm i think this one's my favorite! i love the CAs ness of it and the colors

Chrissie said...

Love the simplicity of your star card Kathy!
Awesome!
Thanks so much once more.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kelly said...

Okay... how did you manage to do 2 very lovely pieces and have such a neat desk? Mine would (does) look like a tornado blew across. LOL Love CAS cards. Great for those last minute occasions. Great colors for that journal page. Simple compared to some I've seen. Very calming. Creative Blessings! Kelly #43

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute CAS creation Kathy, but I'm shocked at your desk, mine would be a disaster !!!
Thanks for joining us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Good Luck !!
Lynn, LPoCF DT