Sunday, 10 April 2016

Morning - Sunday and time for a lie-in?

Morning all,

Hope you  managed to catch a lie-in this morning .. I certainly intended to but - you know how things are!

On a crafting note .... I seem to be stuck in a bit of a circles rut lately with my journalling and also my last couple of cards! Oh well, they are versatile and totally fab! Yesterday I made a One Layer Card using the same images as today's card but thought ... "wonder how differently I could make this combo look ....?" - check it out .. add layers and change ink colours and .. VOILA!

My card
 
The front and back of the envelope and the front/back and inside of my card

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White, tan and rust card panels
  • Stampers Anonymous large circles and Crafters Companion small circles stamped using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink




A simple card but one which I really rather like, hope you do too. I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 224 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Morgans ArtWorld - challenge No. 7 - FOR THE MEN
  3. Suzi Bees - challenge No. 125 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  4. Twofers - challenge No. 17 - BIRTHDAYS
  5. AAA - challenge No. 62 - ANYTHING CAS GOES
In case you don't recall, here's yesterday's make, so you can compare

18 comments:

SARN said...

Definitely time for a lie in! I'm still in bed but looking at your blog on my phone. Lovely looking card - I think I like it even more than yesterday's One due to the colour combination x x x

Jane Willis said...

I - the colour combination is perfect for the stamp, it makes for a very clean, masculine card. Thanks for sharing at Twofers
Jane

Viv's Visuals said...

These circles are cool Kathy! Great card.x

Cara said...

Oooh, which do I prefer..... Both! They look so different, amazing. Cara x

Di said...

Love this card Kathy - for me, the border is a nice finishing touch. But then I'm very much a borders gal anyhow! I need to follow your example and be braver :)


Lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Super CAS card that says it all! This unfussy style is brilliant for chaps and quite a few of us girls as well! yet another fab creation thank you for including us in the credits. XOXO

lilian said...

great card mate. loving the circles as you say so versatile.

Lilian

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love both of your circle designs, Kathy! They are versatile and I thank you for the reminder! I think I need to go through my collection of circles and weed them out. It's almost like I have TOO many, such that I don't know where to start! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 125 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Arlene said...

The simplicity and color combos make this perfect for the man in anyone's lives. Well done.

So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Liz said...

This caught my eye over in the Playground. I love the colours - super design. xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good job I didn't read this yesterday. I might have cried! LOL

Up at 6am to get to Ally Pally for 8am. No lie in for me....booo!

Gorgeous card and I just love the colours you used.

Lx

myworldofcraft said...

Love your card Kathy. Really clean and effective, and all that matching stationery to boot. Awesome. Claire x

Zelda C said...

A great CAS card. Love the way you did the envelopes too!

Aileen Ryan said...

Great card Kathy, love that you make envelopes to go with them.

Sally H said...

A very elegant card, Kathy and I love the colours. See you by the swings :)

KandA said...

Super card Kathy. I love the addition of the layers and colours xx

Jill Vickers said...

Both cards are fun but I especially like the colour combo on your Saturday card - the bright colours are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill