Saturday, 30 April 2016

Saturday and it's challenge day again - for me!

Morning

Today sees a new CAS challenge over at Simply Less Is More ... I like to enter this challenge as often as I can as it was this blog that introduced me to the whole Clean And Simple style - thanks peeps.


My card
 
The inside of my card and back of envelope, The front and back of my card and front of envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 6 x 4" designer papers, from DCWV, one for matting and one for paper piecing
  • Two pieces of white card, for matting
  • Dina Wakely image stamped using Memento tuxedo black, once on to designer paper an then fussy cut out, for paper piecing
  • Alcohol markers to colour the image not paper pieced
  • The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Memento rosebud ink



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 274 - Lucky Dip Week - USE DESIGNER PAPER IN A CAS WAY
  2. Fussy and Fancy Friday - challenge No. 162 - FEMALE BIRTHDAY
  3. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 108 - LADIES ONLY

Made this for my pal, who's had to have a procedure this week ....

My card
Front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
Back of my envelope and the inside of my card
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White 110lb white card and black card, for matting
  • Snippet of 110lb white card, gesso'd and coloured using Distress Crayons, fossilised amber, rusty hinge and festive berries
  • Mini Tim Holtz stencils and TCW stencil used with a baby wipe, to knock back colour
  • Black "S" thickness Pitt Pen used to randomly scribble a border around the outer edge of the panel
  • Inkadinkado foliage image and The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the image ... on the insert and envelope I substituted the stickles for the Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen

Materials used
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 423 - NO PATTERNED PAPERS ... made my own!
  2. MooMania - April 20th challenge - FLORAL

I went here yesterday .. had a fab time ... like a kid in a sweet shop!


 

  


Have a great weekend

24 comments:

Barb said...

Two great cards Kathy. Your first is a lovely stamp and looks really stylish. I'm sure your stunning card will cheer up your friend. Love that background. Barbxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Kathy and I'm loving your use of design paper. I'd love that summer dress IRL - if I had the legs and tan!!! Great idea and thanks for sharing at Less is More. Sarah x

lilian said...

Two great cards Kathy, Love the strips on the first card.

Lilian

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous cards kathy

Cara said...

Lovely cards, love the choice of paper on the first one. Cara x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful projects! Great!
Thank you for joining us at Moo Mania & More!
Great to have you with us!

Debs M said...

Fab cards and the shop looks great x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous cards matey. I particularly love your get well card. WOW!

Maaike Uijthoven said...

nice paper piecing, i don' t do horizontal stripes on my clothes..for a good reason...but she looks fab ;-) lol..love the little border around the panel too, well done

Neets B said...

Two lovely makes, Kathy. I love how you've continued the use of paper from your image to your CAS border, and that sketchy image is fabulous, you really do have a great stamp stash!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Karren said...

Fabulous cards! When I first looked at the top one, I said to myself "great paper piecing" then I read your notes. Great job!

Ann Tuck said...

Two great cards and the LIM paper piecing is perfect for their challenge.

Esther said...

Two gorgeous cards - I love how versatile you are in your style. The paper and colouring on the first card is fantastic and makes such a statement. You've done the most amazing background on the second card and it looks fab. Hope your friend's procedure goes well :)

Di said...

Fabulous cards Kathy! You cracked the LIM paper piecing, brillinatly, and the dandelion card is perfect. What I'd give for a supermarket dash around that lovely craft shop too!

Hugs

Di xx

Aileen Ryan said...

Two brilliant cards, love your colour choices for both. The lady in the same dress as the border, just love that.

Susan said...

Terrific use of the patterned paper! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Gerrina said...

What a great way to use DP! Like this the stamp is really beautiful! Like your second card aswell; sich sunny colours! Enjoy your week!

Norma said...

Beautiful birthday card, Kathy. Wonderful image. Terrific job on the paper-piecing.
Thanks for sharinng your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Beautiful get-well card too.

SARN said...

Two wonderful cards Kathy. Particularly love the get well card. Hope your friend feels better soon.

Playing catch up here . . .

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sid said...

Loving your card. The border and dress look fab !!

Anne said...

Perfect paper piecing Kathy - love the way you bordered with just a touch of the DP too
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Theresa Pace said...

fab CAS card. striking nonetheless. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Theresa Pace said...

great CAS card. very striking. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Chrissie said...

Great paper piecing Kathy... two lovely cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"