Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Welcome to another What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning,

Been having a lovely couple of days with pleasant weather - YAY! I hear that some parts of the UK have been having SNOW! YIKES! If you are in one of those locations then please take care out there.

Time to share another ATC with you . . . .


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card snippet coloured using a copic marker around the edge, to form a border and then overstamped using a Dylusions harlequin stamp and Memento lilac posies ink
  • White snippet of card gesso'd and, once dry, coloured using Distress Crayons in twisted citron and mustard seed
  • Baby wipe used through Tim Holtz stencils to knock back colour
  • Dylusions letters stamped using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Stampotique image stamped on to snippet of white card using Ranger Archival Distress Ink in black soot, coloured with alcohol markers and then fussy cut out
  • Stamplorations background image stamped using Cats eye ink in sienna
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen - to highlight
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. That's Crafty - April 15th challenge - ABOUT FACE
  2. Addicted to stamps and more - challenge No. 191 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Shopping our stash -challenge No, 148 - THINK INK

And another one ... I've been using Distress Crayons a lot in the last week or so and thought it was time to revisit an old favourite, Distress INKS!


My ATC 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of 300gsm white card
  • Distress Inks: wild honey, festive berries and dusty concorde applied DTP method giving a geometric and grungey background
  • Dylusions harlequin, circles and letters stamped using Brilliance pearlescent orchid and Memento rosebuds ad lilac posies
  • Stampers Anonymous large circles and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival Distress Ink in black soot
  • Pitt Pen ("S" thickness) used to doodle a border
  • White Signo uniball gel pen used to doodle highlights along with stardust stickles




And now, since it IS WOYWW I'd like to share my desk with you this week .. I'll be entering this for challenge No. 360 over at WOYWW


And I got woken up again .... this time by the gas jet as this breezed right over our heads!



14 comments:

jill said...

I wouldn't mine being woken up by the balloon going over if I was in Florida right now with the warm Florida sunshine.. We've had frost this morning & sleet & snow shower this afternoon.
Love your atc's . Jill #4

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW . . . the girl on your first ATC looks like how I felt this morning! LOL!

Both ATCs are fab and it's a great sentiment.

Hope you manage to get MORE sleep tonight!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

ooh love that stamp - fab atc's x

glitterandglue said...

Oh my - 24degrees!!! I think it's slightly more than 8 degrees here - but not a lot. There is a huge amount of snow on the mountains again - and it had almost all melted!
I like the idea of the desk photo being a challenge! - great fun. Well done on the art work, too.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Donna said...

Fantastic ATCs Kathy!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for our "Think Ink" challenge this week!

Cara said...

Great ATCs, love the sentiment. It's been sunny here in Lancashire, but a random heavy hail storm has just started! Good old British weather! Have a good week, Cara X

Sharon Koole said...

I love your ATCs - so artsy. I have ideas of how I want mine to look but whether I can get them there is another story.

Hot air balloons can be quite noisy. You wouldn't think so but they are. Very nice to look at though.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

Diane Futrell said...

Cute cards! The saying is awesome!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #36

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab work Mrs. Love your balloon picture too. Lx

Susanne said...

You make ATC's look like such fun - great sentiment on those. Have a crafty week! Susanne #38

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for the visit to mine. I'm on catch-up today as we were out walking most of the day. The weather in the UK is all over the place. Loving your ATCs, I need to get started on mine for the anniversary. Have a great week and belated WOYWW, Angela x 21

Marit said...

Thanks for your visit... I'm even much later with my visits! Your photo brings back memories... balloons like that sailed over my former house often, sometimes even three or four at once, and now I realize that I haven't seen them in this region yet (I live here for 2 years now...) I always liked the sound of the gas and all the different colors that they have. I hope you still have nice weather, it became Spring-like in the Netherlands this weekend and I LOVE seeing the sun now! Hug from Holland, Marit #39

Sharon Madson said...

Thanks for your visit. Sorry, I am so late to get back to you. I don't think I have been here before. Nice post, and I really like the shot of the hot air balloon. I like the jorunal in your fave proects. That is a neat little slide show! #61

Nicole Diedrichs said...

What a great ATC that you shared with us at ATSM. I love the colour combination, the design and surely the sentiment. Thank you for playing with us. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de