Friday, 1 April 2016

Welcome to April Fool's Day - hope yours will pass uneventfully

Morning all

The Purple Princess is away from her desk this weekend ... I'm with a whole bunch of crafting buddies ... we'll be missing those unable to join us.

What is hubby doing whilst I'm away? WELL I'm HOPING he will be continuing with CR*P clearance!!! Having emptied our home office completely recently (new carpet so everything had to come out) we have been DETERMINED it wouldn't all just go back in!! We've had several trips to the tip and charity shops and we're getting there!

So, there will be NO LIM post from me tomorrow, that'll have to be Monday too!

I DO, however, have a little crafting to share with you, another journal page ...


My journal page
And a closer view to show the glass bead glitter gel
Materials used:
  • Crawford & Black A5 journal page
  • Gesso
  • Distress Inks in twisted citron, mermaid lagoon and peacock feathers, scribbled and then smooshed with a finger before they'd dried
  • A little finger doodling with spiced marmalade, peacock feathers, vintage photo and picket fence
  • TCW (TCW361 mini circles) and That's Crafty (chevrons) stencils and a baby wipe, to take colour back ... to white!
  • TCW stencil (TCW456 sketch lines) and Ranger Archival ink applied with a piece of cut 'n dry
  • Close to my heart numbers stamped with Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • StampaRosa face stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Craft Asylum arrows image stamped utin Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Unknown clear  stamp of dots stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Crafty Impressions quotation stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped numerous times with Delicata golden glitz ink
  • TCW (TCW423 arrows) stencil used with Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel and a  metal spatula, to add interest, texture and twinkle



This was my third journal page in a pretty short space of time and I'm not sure it isn't my favourite! I am loving the black stencilling in the corners but am a little less sure about the hurricane forming in the centre but ...... I must have had a reason at the time!! Perhaps it was storm Katie on my mind! I'm not normally a blue/green person either but .. yep, it's my favourite (so far) in this new journal!! .. till the next one!

I'll be entering the above project for the following challenges:
  1. Colour Throwdown - challenge No. 386 - COLOUR CHOICE - see below ...not sure whether entries HAVE to be a card in which card, mine won't be appropriate!
  2. That's Crafty - April 01st challenge - ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL



In the meantime, I couldn't NOT do the Friday Funny now, could I???? This week from FACEBOOK so no entry in the draw - making the odds of winning if you send me a funny (which I use) much better ... so get them to me asap! Despite the spelling mistake (CAMARA instead of Camera) I hope you will like it, I think all keen photographers can relate!




Have a great weekend, I know I will! I MAY even get to try out some of those positions from the graphic above!!!! Ooo-er! All I DO know is .. I shall be taking this little lot


Yes, those Pringles tubes ARE empty! Our hostess has a project in mind for them!

12 comments:

Barb said...

A great journal page Kathy. What fantastic colours. Glad to her clearing out is going well. That blue photographer certainly is bendy! Have fun with the pringles boxes and let us see what they turn into. Barbxx

SARN said...

Well, I'm with you . . . I just LOVE that AJ page. You have been a busy bunny inside the covers of your new journal.

Safe journey there and back this weekend. I KNOW you'll have lots of fun and I can't wait to see the results.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cara said...

Fab journal page. I hope you have an amazing weekend crafting, looking forward to seeing the results. Cara x

Di said...

Wow Kathy - that journaling really is stunning! I LOVE it.

Too funny really, and I should have known better - my first thought when I saw the Pringles tubes was that you were taking almost as much in snacks as craft stuff. I guess I'm wrong and they're empty awaiting transformation!?

Happy crafting and safe travelling too.

Hugs

Di xx

Viv said...

Great journal page Kathy,hope you are enjoying the crafty time away ☺ Viv xx

lilian said...

Love your journal page mate,

Hope you are having a great time.

Lilian

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, I absolutely LOVE your journaling pages! We do NOT just require cards...in fact, I love seeing other projects posted for the CTD challenges! Have fun with your crafting buddies today and thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Craftyrose said...

Hope you all had an amazing time and hope you enjoyed the pringles! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page love the stamps -I have empty pringle tubs too lol
Carol x

Sandy said...

Nice journal page with a great saying -- So you had a fun time away with the girls - good for you!!!!!
sandy xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Kathy, just found your blog cos you left a comment a few weeks back, bit slow.
Lovley work this and I've just joined your blog too hope you might pop over my way.
Really lve how you lay out what you used on your cards, well done. I don't think I could ever be that organised :)
Shaz in Oz.x

Sid said...

Loving your page design Kathy !