Friday, 22 April 2016

Welcome to the weekend along with the Friday Funny

Morning all

Another weekend looms large on the horizon, perhaps you've already started yours? I hope you have something nice to look forward to .....


My card .... he's got a little lime "halo", primarily because
I didn't want him to blend in to the orange background!
 
The envelope (front and back) and the card(front/back/insert
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9½ x 12½cm white card panels
  • Kraft card, cut to mat 
  • Snippet of white card gesso'd and then coloured using Distress Crayons in twisted citron, spiced marmalade and mustard seed
  • Stencils (TCW and Ranger) used with a baby wipe to knock back coour
  • Seth Apter image stamped using Distress Ink in wild honey - to give a subtle illusion of texture
  • Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds image stamped twice, once directly on to my image panel and a second time on to a snippet of white card, using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I coloured the snippet stamped image using copic marker before fussy cutting out (all bar the legs - no patience but ... it didn't matter as I had stamped the bird on to the image panel!) and adhered over the stamped image on the coloured panel - voila! He has legs once more!
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Ranger crackle medium dry brushed over the panel to both seal and give further texture



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES ... 2nd entry
  2. The Cats Pyjamas - challenge No. 312 - WINGS
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 108 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 301 - THINGS WITH WINGS
  5. Seize the Birthday - April 21st challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And I have a masculine card to send imminently ..... so set out to achieve this. Once I'd finished it though . . . .  I decided it might not be super appropriate to send as I hear the recipient's been having trouble with a persistent roof leak!! I may just HAVE to go with a plan B)!

My card
 
The front and back of the envelope and the front/back/inside of my card

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9½ x 12½cm
  • Two pieces of black card cut to mat with a 2mm border
  • Stampers Anonymous "man with umbrella" and TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • DRS Designs splatter image stamped using Delicata silver ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to highlight umbrella



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 290 - MONOCHROMATIC
  2. Ikes World - challenge No. 61 - RAINY DAYS
  3. Retro Rubber - challenge No. 36 - APRIL SHOWERS ..... I've had both the SA and TPC sets for a number of years, I forget how many but gonna say at least 3!
  4. Craft your passion - challenge No. 308 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Mod Squad - 20th April challenge - WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ..... particularly relevant this week as hubby's been chasing an underground water leak!

And now, since it's Friday, some of you may have swung by to see the Friday Funny ... courtesy of Marsha again this week . . . . .




Have a great weekend

28 comments:

SARN said...

Two lovely and very diverse cards . . . one super inky and the other uber CAS! There's no end to your talents.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

2 great makes - love that stampers anonymous image - great ff too x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Kathy still chuckling from your Friday smile, love both cards but best of all the umbrella man, if he has a sense of humour, he might get a chuckle out of your card with the roof leaks, I know I would. :)
Thanks so much for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Barb said...

Two great card Kathy. I love the background to your crazy bird. Barbxx

Jane Knudsen said...

Lovely cards! I really adore the umbrella man. The CAS speaks to my heart! I hope the recipient enjoys it too - even with a leaky roof! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

Cara said...

Fab crazy bird! I'm sure the birthday card would be received in good humour. Love both cards and thanks for the funny! Cara x

Maria A. said...

Awesome silhouette card, it has a very London feel, I guess it's because of the hat and the umbrella, love how the rain is falling around him and I love it that you decorated the envelope and inside your card too.
I hope your friend's leaky roof wont get worse.
Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber, hope to see you again in the gallery soon.

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - Great FF matey. Two fabulous cards too. Have a great weekend. Lx

lilian said...

Great cards Mate.

Love the funny

lilian

Katy McGloin said...

Kathy, this is a great masculine card. Perhaps your friend will get a chuckle despite the leaky roof. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Hope that you will play with us often!!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great masculine birthday card! If my design card reminded people of Mary Poppins then yours is George Banks! Bert was my first thought but in looking closer, George is a better choice. I think your friend will get a good chuckle at it so keep Plan B for next time. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you join us again soon.

samara navi said...

Kaghy - wonderful! such power in the simplicity of this image...it takes us all back. not much more power than that one in the rain! Thanks for coming to Ike's World Challenge. Join us again soon!

Neva Cole said...

Fun card for a male recipient! Great incorporation of the different challenges. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week.

Donna Idlet said...

Hi Kathy, wonderful masculine cards! You used one of my all time favorite Tim Holtz stamps. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber challenge.

ike said...

Fabulous cards and the one with silhouette guy is very striking :-) I think you should send it anyways - he may see the funny side of it !!! LoL
Luv that photo at the bottom hahahaha
Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Jeanie Ellis said...

Great cards! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Love those crazy birds and the expression on their faces. Too funny. Your other card is an image that i have used too. It makes a nice masculine card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday.

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart good luck x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card I love the silhouette man love the Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge

My Blog As I do Rodos

Sall said...

OH a very elegant card! Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun card! I love your wonderful background too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Judy Woodland said...

I love this card. The clean and simple lines and that silhouette are just so perfect. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
Judy, Challenge Host

shirley-bee said...

Fab card! The lime halo works perfectly to highlight your crazy bird! Thanks for playing along Seize The Birthday :)

Brenda said...

I love the bright vibrant colors you used and this couldn't be a more perfect image for our wings challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fabulous inky background! Love those birds, they're fab! Thanks so much for dropping your gorgeous card into the Fab 'n' Funky 'Winged Things' challenge. It's so perfect! Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Lisa Dryden said...

wow , stunning , thank you for sharing at TTCRD DT lisa

Sarah said...

I love your card and if your recipient has any sense of humor at all, he'll think it's perfect! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Seth said...

Two really wonderful cards. Love the humor in both of them. And a very nice way to use my stamps. Thank you!!