Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Welcome to What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday

Morning all

First order of business today is to welcome my latest follower, Rose, thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.

I've been away for the weekend, to Craftathon (see separate page for pix - here), a pretty long drive which left me completely exhausted on Monday so nothing much got done, crafting or otherwise! I can't do the miles like I used to! Bit of a culture shock to realise that, yes, I AM getting older - grrr!

Still, Tuesday dawned a lovely sunny day and I felt inspired to ..... make a Christmas card!!! What's THAT all about?!?!??!

My card
And a close up of the luscious sparkly gold!
 
My front, inside and back of the card and the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank an denvelope
  • Snippet of red card cut to 9 x 13cm
  • Snippet of white card cut to 8 x 12cm
  • Chocolate Baroque snowflake image stamped using Versamark ink, sprinkled with gold dazzle embossing powder and heat embossed
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • For the insert, rear of card and the envelope the snowflake was stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 270 - WHITE SPACE COLOUR CHALLENGE (but not white!)
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 223 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - April challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Merry Monday - challenge No. 199 - GETTING SENTIMENTAL
  5. ABC of Christmas - 30th March challenge - "G" IS FOR GREEN or GOLD .. I went with sparkly gold!
And now, since it is Wednesday, here's a peek at my desk and I'll be posting this over at the Stamping-Ground for their WOYWW, my apologies for not visiting many of you last week but I was madly preparing for Craftathon


Sadly, no tidier this week!

35 comments:

Wendy Johnson said...

Hi Kathy - fab Christmas card (even if it's waaaay too early to think about it yet!)

Neet said...

Looks like a busy busy desk you have there - but no wonder if you are starting on the marathon. Christmas cards! Well done you.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

MiSchra said...

Fun stuff there!
xx
MiSchra ♥ #27

Rahmat said...

The red and gold look so dramatic together, its beautiful and very elegant.

SARN said...

Lovely colourful and CREATIVE desk you have there Kathy.

Hope you're recovering nicely from the long drive.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Oops . . .forgot to mention the card! D'OH . . . love the sheer elegance of it and the super traditional red.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Joanne James said...

Love the snowflake centrepiece of today's card Kathy! A wonderful LIM creation! Hope you are recovering from Crafterthon; as for your desk, I never thought there was one to rival mine...but there it is!!!!

Viv's Visuals said...

Great Christmas card Kathy... and what a terrific desk!!!!

Esther said...

Very elegant and festive! The sparkly gold is lush. Fab card!

Di said...

Fabulous card Kathy - love the shiny gold! Sounds like you had a fun time whilst away - nothing better than crafting with friends!

Thanks for joining in with the Snippets Playground this week :)

Hugs

Di xx

Monica said...

A Christmas card and hear i am just relieved that winter is out and summer fighting her way in. Looks like you are very organized. Lovely cards.
Monica #47

Diane Futrell said...

Nice Chrstmas card. I had to think for a minute did I overslept that much?? Lol
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #30

Sharon said...

Lovely cards. Sounds (and looks) like you had a great time at Craftathon.

Sharon K #42

Vicky Fisher said...

love how you make everything work together, the ward, out and inside and the envelop. Thx for your visit earlier, Vicky

Julia Dunnit said...

Tidy isn't as revealing, so no worries! My desk was a wreck this week, but it's just the way I am and I'm too old to change! Lots of miles do me in too, although that doesn't stop me doing them - for a crafts then - definitely, so glad you had a good time!

Sid said...

Super card, love the red base and a happy WOYWW too !! You should see my craftroom !!

Linby said...

Love your very sparkly snowflake, great take on the LIM challenge. Nice to see a busy desk, it was far to tidy when you crafted with Sarn.

Linda said...

Lovely card featuring your sentiment, Kathy. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Cara said...

Age has a sneaky habit of sneaking up on us, very naughty of it! Love the Christmas card, given the weather we've been having it's no wonder you were inspired! Have a great week, Cara x

Bonnie said...

What a lovely, golden snowflake, Kathy! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

lilian said...

great card Kathy, Love the snowflake.

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Chasing my tail.... Fabulous Crimble and your desk looks like it's ready for action too. Lx

Twiglet said...

I love the little sparkly snowflake but just can't think about Christmas cards in April ( I even struggle in December!!) x Jo #19

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your shimmery snowflake! So glad you could play along at Merry Monday!

Heidi Stamps said...

Great shiny snowflake! I love the CAS design!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Kathy, lovely cards ... Great idea to get ahead on Christmas cards, well done you!!
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x 36

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely CAS design with the gold embossing powder as your focal piece, perfect for our challenge at ABC Christmas this time.
Lorraine DT

Sue - said...

Lovely cas Christmas card Kathy!

Nikki C said...

Sweet xmas card and glad I'm no the only one making some hugs Nikki 2

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, this is a really striking and stylish CAS card. Thank you for sharing it with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Sue...xxx

Neets B said...

Love your gold snowflake with the red overlay. Lovely and festive, and NEVER too early to make your Christmas cards! I only wish I was this organised!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Sorry for my late visit this week, but time ran just away from me!
This is super Kathy, the gold and bright colour look so rich together!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Zw@@n said...

Hi Kathy, Fab CAS card, love it. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Lisbeth van den heuvel said...

Hi,
love your card,it's so pretty,
thanks for joining us at CHCC2
hugs Lisbeth DT CHCC2