- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in white, mulberry and black
- White gesso applied to the white snippet using a nearly dry baby wipe
- Crayola Slix Stix: light blue, dark blue, purple and silver - scribbled on the gesso'd snippet and blended with the nearly dry baby wipe
- Using stencils from Tim Holtz and TCW I knocked back the colour with a nearly dry baby wipe
- Using a white gel pen I traced over the stencilled word "LIFE" to make it pop
- Paper Smooches sentiment and Dylusions border stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
|You can see where the ink didn't QUITE take to the wet slick stix as well, where the image was just the outline|
Now, a card made without the help of Distress Crayons OR Crayola Slick Stix!!!, just to prove I still can!
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- White card panel cut to 3¾ x 5"
- Two pieces of deep blue metallic card cut to 4 x 5¼"
- Bright blue card snippet for matting image panel + leftover used for matting sentiment
- Snippets of white card for image panel, matting layer (once coloured with alcohol markers and stamped with the Dylusions border) and sentiment
- Peerless water colours in sky and deep blue, used to apply colour wash to image panel
- Dylusions image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then, once dry, the edge of the image panel was torn roughly .. the offcut retained
- Dina Wakely sentiment stamped on to the ripped offcut using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then cut to shape before matting on a snippet
- My Sentiments Exactly sentiment used to stamp the reverse of the card and a Pitt pen used to add my name
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
- CASology - challenge No. 197 - TEAR
- Sisterhood of crafters - May 11th challenge - NO DESIGNER PAPERS
- Coffee, chocolate and cards - challenge No. 109 - JUST US GIRLS