|The front and back of my card and the envelope|
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- White card panel cut to 9½ x 13cm
- Black card cut to mat with 2mm border
- Snippets of white and black card for image and sentiment panels
- Distress Ink in barn door applied to a white card snippet using a Tim Holtz blending tool
- Inkadinkado candy cane stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Ranger collage medium applied over the top, to seal the D.I.
- Stardust stickles applied to the candy cane stripes to add detail and bling it up
- MFT sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Mod Podge sparkle brushed over the sentiment panel to bling it up too
- For the insert and envelope I stamped the candy cane using Color Box dark peony ink as I didn't want to have to seal the candy cane by using the D.I.
- Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 22 - PHOTO INSPIRATION
- The Craft barn - April 24th challenge - RED and WHITE (a little black is allowed too) - 2nd entry .. I hope the nice peeps at TCB don't feel I've used TOO much black
- Crafty HazelNuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 279 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - April 30th challenge - PICK A PREVIOUS THEME - I went with their challenge No. 279 Sweet Treats, candy canes!!!
|Christmas card challenge inspiration|
- Snippet of white card with the corners taken off using a Fiskars punch
- White gesso applied to the "tag"
- Once the tag was dry I applied Distress Crayons in mustard seed, fossilised amber, spiced marmalade and rusty hinge blending with either a finger or a baby wipe
- Using a baby wipe and stencils by Tim Holtz and TCW I knocked back some of the colour
- Black "S" Pitt pen to draw a sketchy border around the tag
- Inkadinkado image and The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- I mounted the white card on to a charcoal card snippet and then (using a clear metal edged ruler and a craft knife) cut a border around the white tag thus covering up the remnants of the crayons which had seeped on to the reverse side!
- Using a crop-a-dile I both punched the hole and set the eyelet and BINGO! My tag
It was meant to match the card I sent her but, when I'd finished it wasn't quite as red as the original - proving that pretty much all art is a one off!!!
|The card which appeared in Saturday's blog post|
|It's a small tree frog btw|