Sunday, 22 May 2016

Welcome to another Sunday ....

Morning readers and followers,

How's your weekend? How's the weather? Have to say that it's been rather disappointing (on the weather front) here! Ah well - an excuse to stay in and craft .... as if I needed one!

My card
 
Here's the front, back and inside of my card plus the front and back of the envelope too

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14cm square + snippet for image panel
  • Two pieces of navy card cut to 14½cm square + snippet for matting
  • White gesso applied to the image panel snippet
  • Once gesso dry I applied Crayola Slick Stix in light blue, dark blue and purple, blending with a barely moist baby wipe.
  • Using the same baby wipe I knocked back colour using stencils from That's Crafty and TCW
  • Stamplorations sentiment builder and Stampers Anonymous "man with umbrella" stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Ranger collage medium (crackle) brushed over the top, to give added texture .... although (applied by a brush) the crackle was VERY subtle ... might go back to applying it with a foam brush next time!


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 230 - SNIPPET CHALLENGE
  2. WeLove2Create - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  3. Creative Corner challenges - May 20th challenge - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 194 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  5. Allsorts -  challenge No. 364 ..... 7th Birthday challenge - BIRTHDAYS

I also found out that my name was randomly picked as the winner at We Love To Create too - for challenge No.9, thanks peeps

Premium Art Brands 

15 comments:

Cara said...

Love that rich blue, works fab with a silhouette image. Cara x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. All that gorgeous bluuuuuuue and one of my all time fave stamps from Sir Tim of Holtz. What's not to like Your Purpleness? Glad to hear the rain hasn't dulled your sparkle. Enjoy the rest of your Birthday weekend. Lx

Di said...

Brilliant card Kathy - I do love that TH image and your background is fabulous!

Hugs

Di xx

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kathy! I love the rich blues!

Liz said...

I love the blue background you've created, perfect for the silhouette.

Heavy rain here this morning, so I stayed in my craftroom too, although like you, I don't really need an excuse to stay in and craft. ;-) xx

Barb said...

A lovely card Kathy and a great background. Congratulations on your win. Barbxx

SARN said...

Brillint background and fab stamping. Would be perfect for a masculine card.

Happy Sunday xxx

Melissa L. said...

Very cool, Cathy! I have been admiring that man with the umbrella for a while and you make me want that stamp again! I really like your design and all that blue. Thanks for playing along at ATSM's CAS challenge this week.

brenda said...

It's a lovely creation Kathy and perfect for our challenge, many thanks for joining in with our 7th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts.

There are more Tattered Lace goodies to be won here

B x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Great card, I like the design, Thank you for joining in our Birthday celebration Challenge this week at Allsorts, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Great CAS card for a male! TFS it with Creative Corner Challenge!

Viv said...

Another super card Kathy, rain on and off here too grr when is Summer arriving? ;) Viv xx

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, I love that image,

Lilian

scrappymo! said...

Lovely inky card, KAth. Looks great with that TH stamped image.

Alysha Sheridan said...

Love your project hunni xxx