Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Welcome to both Rudolph Day and What's On You WorkDesk Wednesday

Morning all

How's your week coming along? It's downhill all the way to the weekend, if that's helpful. After a busy weekend it seemed like the beginning of the week was always going to be an anti climax but I managed to spend two hours on Monday, chatting on the phone to a pal and, as I explained to her at the time, to make soup (one handed at that!) whilst chatting .. turned out to be quite tasty too though I did perhaps, put a little more tabasco in (because I was so busy chatting) than I might normally ... must remember this for the future! 

Hubby wants to crack on and decorate another room, ok .. so, perhaps WANTS is to strong a word! However, we DO plan to decorate the spare room which has three wardrobes in it and all are full of junk which needs sorting out and either re-homing or recycling! Sadly, much of this is my own stuff so it falls to me to deal with it ... little and often appears to be the way forward with that! WISH ME LUCK.

Now, it's Rudolph Day today (as it is every month on the 25th) and it is my third (and final) outing as a Guest Design Team Member of the R.D. design team over at Scraps of Life and here is my final make for this D.T., thanks to Maureen for the invitation to join her and the other talented members of the R.D. team.

My card
And a closer view of the glass bead glitter gel
 
The two photos above show the inside, front and back of my card and also the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two 4½" square white card panels + snippet for image panel
  • Two 4¾" square red card panels + snippet for matting image panel
  • My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Chocolate Baroque (Craft Stamper free polymer stamp) stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied through the Dutchdoobadoo fading circles stencil using a spatula and left to dry to a gorgeous twinkly and textural finish



Please feel free to visit the Rudolph Day challenge over at Scraps of Life and also to pop along and visit the blogs of my fellow team members.:-
I will be entering the above card for the following challenges too:-
  1. CRAFT challenge - challenge No. 364 - CHRISTMAS
  2. Crimbo Crackers - challenge No. 107 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Crafting by Design - May 18th challenge - CHRISTMAS
  4. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 119 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

And finally, since it's WOYWW #364 I'll be entering the untidy mess that is my workdesk over at the temporary home of WOYWW


I was very bad abaout visiting fellow WOYWW-ers last week, being in transit, but I promise to do better this week. HAPPY 7th ANNIVERSARY WOYWW




It's the 7th anniversary of WOYWW
As I explained earlier .. we plan to do some more decorating ... and so, truthfully, I've not been near my desk in a couple of days, this is how it looked last time I was there.

Instead I've been sorting out some old photos, going back to the 1970's! YIKES!! Marathon job peeps, been putting it off for soooo long. I found some amazing photos and memories ... and some tough to explain photos .... but I've done my best. Have to say I looked at some of the photos and thought "what WERE we thinking" but hey, it was the 70's and 80's, I rest my case!! Still, once this little lot's been transferred on to the PC I shall have so much room in the bottom of my wardrobe! We can then start dismantling said wardrobe and then start the decorating, which was the reason for this exercise in the first place! Wish us luck!




31 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 7th WOYWW!! I do love those white sets of drawers, Kathy, I bet they hide a load of stash in there! Your tale about chatting on the phone and inadvertently adding too much Tabasco made me smile...thought it was only me who did daft things like that, lol!
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Barb said...

I love you Christmas card Kathy. The stencilling looks fantastic. Good luck with sorting the photos. That really is a mammoth task. Barbxx

lilian said...

Love you card Kathy, Those beads really look great
Lilian

scrappymo! said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful. I so love the sparkle you obtained with that stencil and glitter!

Your Alex units are fab. They would be perfect to organze stamp...

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy. Fab Christmas card. Love the way the stencilling really looks like bubble wrap. Very clever! Lx

Lisca Meijer said...

I love your card for Rudolph Day. You have been busy.
I bet you are looking forward to sorting out all those wardrobes (not).
I had to smile about your Tabasco rich soup. I hope hubby likes spicy!

I am determined to visit everyone. I have dedicated today to WOYWW. (a freezer meal for my hubby today I'm afraid!)

Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary
Lisca#16

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ahhh, Kathy saw your wonderful card over at Scrappy Mo's and yes totally fell in love with it..
Oh and you had me scampering off to see about this glitter gel, sigh only available at one place here and their postal rates are exhorbitant and so it's ditched for mo.
Don't need it do I??? ;)
Happy WOYWW 7!!! And thanks for popping over!
Shaz in Oz.x #8

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

SARN said...

Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary mate.

Loving the look of your glitzy Rudolph card.

GOOD LUCK with the marathon clear out.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Kathy, your card for Rudy is stunning with all the sparkle and, of course, you inspire by doing the complete ensemble!! Hugs, Darnell

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, happy 7th woyww anniversary. Great post and so much to see.
Thanks for the visit to mine. Have a great week, Angela X 30

Sharon Koole said...

How great it is to find all those memories. I love looking through old photo albums. I want to sort and re-organise all my photos. I'll put it on the list of things to do! The card is stunning. I always admire those who work on Christmas cards throughout the year. I want to forget about the winter for a while lol.

Good luck with the decorating. That's on my list too but time seems to be flying by!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #45

Twiglet said...

Happy WOYWW 7th anniversary! Good luck with the decorating - I hate it when everything gets turned upside down! x Jo

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely stunning and i love how you have decorated the envelope front and back too, Luv Sam x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
Happy Rudolf Day.
Great and super card for your DT design.
Those glass bead glitter gel dots are super, and very unusual.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Helen said...

ooh my! Christmas cards... they're very gorgeous though. Helen 11

BJ said...

At last a moment to start my replies, let alone visiting everyone today!!! Love the bubbly, sparkly circles on your Chrimbo card. Thanks for visiting me and Happy WOYWW 7th Anniversary BJ#20

Nikki C said...

Great Xmas card and I love the matching envelope to boot Happy WOYWW #7 thanks for the visit hugs Nikki 1

Andrea said...

Happy WOYWW anniversay and thanks for vsiting I love your card and great tutorial too, those glitter beads are ace.good luck with the decorating and clear out sounds like a mammoth task, you never know wta else you might find LOL crafty hugs Andrea 6#

Anne said...

great card. I know all about having to sort through a lot of stuff and decide what to do with it :-)
Thanks for popping by to see me .
Happy WOYWW 7th Anniversary Anne x #25

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous sparkly card, love the addition of the red card stock.

Kath x

Chidkid said...

Good luck with sorting out those photos. I love your drawers there. So much loveliness. Elaine no. 33

Loll said...

Good luck with your re-do Kathy. Sounds like a lot of work, but will be rewarding once it's done.

LOVE your card. Fantastic design. I LOVE the sparkle from the glass bead gel. Amazing! xx

Scrapbook Lynne Mizera said...

Wonderful card... loving the way you used the glass bead gel... I guess I will be breaking mine out now so I can try it tooo! Happy 7th WOYWW Anniversary! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera, WOYWW#58

Diane Futrell said...

great cards!
Happy anniversary!!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #2

LisaDV said...

Redecorating is major work. You've had your hands full. Slow and steady wins the race, they say. As someone who is remodeling an old house, sometimes I want to smack "they" and want my fairy godmother to wave a magic wand and make it happen yesterday. ha. Happy belated WOYWW Anniversary! Hope you have a great and crafty week. LisaDV #44

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It feels like it's been forever since I visited you. In fact, I would have been by sooner, but not long after I was finally able to link up, my electricity went out for over 12 hours due to thunderstorms that knocked the power out. Now it seems my internet is having a meltdown, and I have to reboot after each person I visit and leave a comment to.


What a lovely card. Thanks for visiting me on Wednesday. Happy 7th Anniversary from # 5.

Neet said...

Great ritzy glitzy Rudolph card - i really should do something like that and produce a card a week or thereabouts in readiness for the day.
Here's to another year of WOYWW friendships
Hugs, Neet 28 xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, I'm sorry I haven’t managed to comment earlier, once again life got in the way! However, I have promised myself to get round all the desks this week to celebrate our 7 years of WOYWW friendship - so here I am. That's a lovely Christmas card - love the glittery gel circles. Good luck with the decorating and the clearing out of those wardrobes. I think you have a long job planned scanning all those photographs. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth x #66

sandra de said...

Lovely detail of the glitter on the card. Apologies for a late visit but it has taken days the room back in order after painting.
sandra de @37

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hello,
Your card is very beautiful. It looks like it was made up of ice crystals. Great idea.
hugs,
BozenA

Cara said...

Wonderful. I think I might need glass bead glitter in my life now! Cara x