Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Welcome to the first Wednesday in May

Morning all

Welcoming my latest follower, Jac, a mixed media artist - thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again.

Had a really nice day yesterday, shopping with a pal, though we didn't actually buy much .... it was still nice to have a natter and a lunch. I came home with a ½" paintbrush! That was IT!!!! I must be slipping!

Anyhoo, here's hoping you all enjoyed your Bank Holiday weekend and found some time for crafting - I know I did ......

My card
 
And here are the pix of the front, back and inside of my card along with the envelope

Materials used:
  • 6" square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 5½" square white card panels (for front and inside) and black card, cut to mat
  • Stampers Anonymous "Sideshow" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Impression Obsession sentiment stamped using Brilliance Mediterranean blue ink
  • Kitchen Sink Stamps background image stamped using Versafine majestic blue, to simulate a puddle and to ground my image



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative with Stamps - challenge No. 2 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  2. A bit more time to craft - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 110 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CASology - challenge No. 196 - MOVE ... walking in the rain? That's moving!!
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - May 2nd - 9th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
 

And now, since it's Wednesday ... it's time to share the mess that is my work desk so, here it is! I'll be submitting this over at the WOYWW challenge No. 361



25 comments:

sandra de said...

Always great to see where people create and I have to admit admiring how tidy you are. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @14

SARN said...

No, sorry . . . I MUST have come to the wrong blog . . . for a start your desk looks pretty tidy! Secondly . . . you went shopping and bought ONLY a PAINTBRUSH? Honestly? I'm worried about you . . . are you coming down with something?

Oh, and FAB looking card by the way. Good for the male of the species (always hard to do for SOME of us!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

glitterandglue said...

Good morning, Kathy. A really fun card there. The recipient will, I'm sure, love it. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Mrs.D said...

Lovely card Kathy, so British.
Thanks for sharing
Chris #10

Susanne said...

Very cool cards - gotta love a Tim Holtz stamp!! Have a good week. Susanne #29

Art Newbie said...

I love this card on its simplicity! Thanks for playing at TTCRD with us this week! I hope I will see you again soon!
Hugs,

Alessandra - DT

Liz said...

Love this CAS card, great stamp too.

If you think your work desk is a mess, you should see my work desk! Well, I'd have to tidy it before you could actually find the 'desk' . LOL! xx

Sharon Koole said...

Your desk is so tidy! I usually only show a slice of mine. I ended up buying a bigger one because I needed the space lol. I seem to spread out everything though I do leave a space to work in.

Love the card! That's a great stamp set.

Have a great week
Sharon K #39

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the cards, how lovely is that stamp! Love to see your desk and I'm full of admiration....it's tidy, the light is good and. You're working in front of a mirror! I'm not sure if it would scare me or distract me!!

Cara said...

Love this card, such a cool stamp. Cara x

Debs M said...

fabby stamp and great card x

Diane Futrell said...

what a great card! It's super for anyone even a man!!! :)
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #30

Angela Radford said...

Loving the card and the stamps you've used. I love those Kitchen sink stamps but don't know if they are available anywhere in the UK. Have a great woyww and thanks for the visit to mine, Angela x 24

LisaDV said...

What a wonderful card! and such a clean workdesk. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV 36

RosA said...

I had to zoom in to find the mess. I still couldn't find it! You need to go back to my "desk" to become properly acquainted with "mess" :)

BTW, very nice cards. I like the black and white theme.
Have a good week,
RosA

Monika Reeck said...

You choose the right stamp Kathy
I love some kind of manly stamp
and the color is perfect not so much and love the more black and white on your card
you have a cool place to card making
not so messy like my place ..not tidy my place hehehe
have a great Thursday Kathy
and many thanks to joining with us at Creative With Stamps the second challenge
Monika (Co-Creator)

lilian said...

Great card mate, Another nice image,

Tidy work desk,

Lilian

Michelle G said...

Great cards, such a unique design.

Katy said...

This is a cool card! That a great stamp! Great job using that stamp to be CAS too! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining the challenge here at Crafting from the Hea rat good luck x

MaryV said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kathy and I love that stamp! And don't worry about your desk. It's the sign that you have been creating! That can't be wrong, right?
Thank you for joining us at CWS for our CAS challenge.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Kathy!! Your card is great! I love how you left everything to the right of the card. That stamp set is amazing as well. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Hannelie said...

Yes it's a move indeed!
Love your take on the cue Kathy!

Lilian YF said...

Great image for an awesome card!
(And if your desk is messy...I don't know what mine is...)
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Lilian YF said...

Hello, Kathy! Congratulations!
You've won one of the random prizes from Creative with Stamps Challenge Blog! Please, contact Shery, from STAMPlorations, within a week (up to the 11th) to claim your prize: sheryruss@gmail.com...with subject "Creative with Stamps Challenge #2 Winner"
Lilian
The Leaf Studio