Sunday, 29 May 2016

Welcome to a lazy Sunday post ...

Morning all

Public Holiday weekend here and how's the weather? Well the weekend started off like it was going to be well dodgy, with really heavy rain on Friday evening but Saturday brightened up considerably I'm pleased to say. In fact, I even got to hang washing out .. since laundry accumulates no matter what! This morning has dawned bright and sunny with not a cloud in the sky too ... assuming the rain's due tomorrow then!

Been to the ToC (Table of Craftiness) and come up with this little cutie .... been a while since I've done "cute"


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of navy card
  • Snippet of white card for image panel and another for the decoupaged lion's head
  • Hampton Arts lion image stamped twice using Ranger Archival jet black ink, head only once on to a small snippet and fussy cut out
  • Alcohol markers and the neon yellow Zig clean colour brush marker - to colour
  • Using two foam pads, to give the lion's head some dimension, and glue around the outer edge of the mane then fussy cut lion's head was attached over the image on the base ATC
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Plaid's version of glossy accents applied to the balloon, to give additional texture and dimension, without adding too much of either!
  • Crafters Companion border image stamped using Delicata silver ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Mod Squad - May 25th challenge - USE IT OR LOSE IT .. having rediscovered this forgotten stamp set (which I'd filed it at the bottom of the BIRTHDAY drawer!) 
  2. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 73 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. The Stamping Boutique - May 27th challenge - FURRY FRIENDS
  4. Squirrel's World - May 16th Random challenge - WILD THINGS
  5. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 231 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE

17 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love your little birthday Lion Kathy. Enjoy your lazy Sunday. Lx

Debs M said...

He's a cutie = now I know what the ga was for! x

SARN said...

Oh how cute is that lion? LOVE IT.

My washing will be going on the line just as soon as it finishes going round in the machine!

Happy Sunday to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very cute lion Kathy!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Di said...

Oh Kathy, I can't remember you doing 'cute' before. This is just adorable - wonderful design and colouring too.

Thanks for coming to play!

Hugs

Di xx

Kathy Krug said...

What a fun card. Glad you discovered the stamp again. Thank you so much for joining us at Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Kathy Krug
MSCB Design Team.

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous Kathy, and that lion is just begging for a snuddle (that's a snuggle x cuddle). Hugs xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great little ATC love the cute decoupaged lion -thank you for the lovely comment on my blog too-I got two loads of washing dries outside today too easily pleased aren't we lol
Carol x

Sue - said...

Really cute card, so different from your usual style!

cheryl said...

oh hun super wee lion so cute hugs cheryl xxx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Hello Kathy, thank you for leaving your comment at Challenges for Days. We would live to have you join us and I'm sure we can work around your holidays. Perhaps you could be floating cover with so few of us on the team just covering for the odd week off can be a challenge. Just knowing we have an extra pair of hands to call on will be a help. My email is zoechaos@icloud.com don't worry about it being published it is on the CFD site and on my challenge site Twofers. XOXO Zoe

thecraftycavalier said...

This is just fabulous! Love the decoupage :-) Just brilliant! Thank you for sharing this with us at Squirrel's Wild Things Challenge. Jayne x

Rae Ann said...

Such an adorable little lion! I love the way you added some dimension by layering him.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Zoe Sanderson said...

Hello Kathy, just to let you know I have emailed you but with my silly email id you might need to check your junk folder. Any problems I did get your email so write to me again. Are you on face book? if we can become friends there I can explain everything is private messages, I am Zoe Sanderson. hope to hear from you soon.

Cara said...

I didn't know that lions could be so cute! Cara x

scrappymo! said...


This is such a cute and fun ATC. Could be perfect as an ATC or also used as a topper for a card for a little one.

I really like how you popped the mane of the lion forward!

Barb said...

He really is very cute. I love how you've decoupaged his head and mane. I bet that took a while to cut. Barbxx