Saturday, 7 May 2016

Welcome to a Saturday challenge post ...

Hi there,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far, I am .... it's my habit to check out some challenges each Saturday and have a go at some of my favourites .... today is no different.

I decided on a batch make .. OK so it WAS only two but that's still a batch, right? I set out (optimistically, as it happens) to make around four cards each month through 2016 but .... there's just something so WRONG about making Christmas cards when the sun is out, isn't there? Still, I have new sentiments from My Favourite Thing and new stash always helps .....


My card

 

The front, back, inside of card and the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelopes
  • Four white card panels cut to 3¾ x 5"
  • Four black card panels cut to 4 x 5¼"
  • Inkadinkado tree image stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
  • My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • My Favourite Things holly image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to trace the text of the sentiment and tree, to add a subtle twinkle


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 275 - COLOUR CHALLENGE - PASTELS
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 108 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 28 - ANYTHING GOES

And then .... on to another Christmas card ...

My card
A closer view of the twinkle
 
The insert and envelope front (L) and the front and back of the card and the back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 5 x 3¾"
  • Two black card panels cut to 5¼ x 4"
  • My Favorite Things sentiment pieces and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • MFT stars stamped using Delicata silver ink
  • Colour added with copic markers
  • Twinkle added by tracing outlines with a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen and then further highlighting with Stardust stickles



I shall be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. MUSE Christmas Visions - challenge No. 43 - PHOTO INSPIRATION ... I used the matting, the larger sentiment and the glittery offset image as my inspiration
  2. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 106 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 280 - VINTAGE or ANYTHING GOES

  
MUSE inspiration photo 

20 comments:

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards. New stash always helps the creative juices to get going. Cara x

Di said...

I totally love both of these cards Kathy! seriously stylish!

Hugs

Di xx

Maaike Uijthoven said...

preparation is everything ;-) love the pink tree, and yet i am in no mood whatsoever for Christmas....i topped up my tanline today ;-)

Ardyth said...

I feel like I haven't been here for a while, Kathy - I'm so glad to see you at MCV this week- I love your sparkly pine branch and the fun little stars!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is simply beautiful Kathy !x

Jan Ltc said...

This is fabulous xx Jan

SARN said...

Both cards are brilliant. I particularly like the fir cone one.
Xxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Your Muse card is so pretty! Love the tad of glitter on your pine cone stamp - just adds the right amount of sparkle!
Happy Mothers Day to you - and before I forget - thanks so much for playing along at MCV!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, love your enthusiasm!!! Everyone is being so very creative!!! These are spectacular, love the stars and pine branches so wintry!!! Thanks for joining me at MUSE Christmas Visions!

Chrissie said...

These are great Kathy, the unusual colour choice really makes one take notice!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gerrina said...

Great cards! (Just glad spring seems to finally sterting here...) Love the purple one best; just because it is beautifully balanced and I love purple ;0 Have a fun and good week!

Sharon said...

Two terrific cards (and envelopes, and insides!) Kathy. Love that contemporary top card as the colour suits that funky Xmas tree perfectly. The more traditional colours on the second one are super too.
Thanks so much for joining us
Sharon xx
"Less is More"

Esther said...

A very distinctive and stylish Christmas card! That tree stamp is fabulous :)

Margaret said...

Love your Muse card - great stamp beautifully coloured.

Catchy Sketch said...

Like this pine branch with a cone on it, very nice!

Susan said...

You always have such beautiful cards! I'm really loving that pine cone image!

Sid said...

All are gorgeous !

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late with my commenting, what a fab bunch of cards Kathy - love that pastel, non trad tree!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 280 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too x

Tindaloo said...

Fab christmas cards, good on u - I always plan on the same, but end up making my christmas cards in december lol :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! Remember to check back to see if you are one of our winners too :)
And I'm so sorry to be late commenting! Had a bad month healthwise.. PS: I got a sweet blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo