Monday, 16 May 2016

Welcome to the start of another week .. and a birthday party

Morning peeps

Hope you all had a great weekend, I did, what with heading out with friends on Saturday and going out to dinner again on Sunday - the sun was shining too ... it doesn't get better than this.

Here's another ATC - I'm building up my stocks once more, it's been ages since I made mane and then, all of a sudden, I can hardly stop myself! And what a GREAT way to use up snippets too!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in white (one scrap piece for the background and one for the stamped image), black and navy
  • White gesso applied to the white card and set aside to dry
  • Baby wipe applied to the gesso'd snippet and then Crayola Slick Stix scribbled over and blended with a finger. I used yellow, orange and a little purple
  • Using the same baby wipe and a TCW stencil I knocked back the colour using a couple of the sections
  • Stampers Anonymous crazy bird stamped twice, once on to the coloured panel and once on to white card which I then coloured using alcohol markers before cutting out (I didn't bother cutting the tail, legs or "quiff" as I stuck my coloured bird directly over the bird stamped on to the coloured panel - cheating? MAYBE! Easier? DEFINITELY!)
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White gel pen to highlight the bird and to doodle a border on the black layer


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. WeLove2Create (pan pastels) - challenge 10 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES (crayons, stamping, gel pen doodling, alcohol markers - CHECK!)
  2. Stamping Sensations - May challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 250 - SUPERSCRAP SATURDAY - use scraps to get creative (4 snippets of card - CHECK!)
  4. Crafty Calendar - May challenge - THINGS WITH WINGS (Crazy Birds - CHECK!)
  5. Polkadoodles - Challenge No. 18 - THINGS WITH WINGS (As above - CHECK!)

Today also sees the 70th birthday of my non crafting pal Dawn and also 50th birthday of Sandie (of London Days blog) and there will be a surprise challenge/birthday party to help her celebrate - you can join in here - HAVE A GREAT DAY, Sandie


 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both

12 comments:

Cara said...

Got to love those crazy birds. Great ATC again. It's fab when you get on a roll isn't it. Cara x

Barb said...

I love your crazy bird ATC. I waiting for my Crayola Slick Stix to arrive from Amazon you enabler you! Barbxx

Chris said...

Love your purple Crazy Bird ATC (great tip about stamping it onto the background to make cutting it out easier!)
thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Debs M said...

Great atc and as you say, great way to use your snippets x

SARN said...

Great inking on your ATC . . . it's late, and my eyes are tired, which is my excuse for having to read one of your sentences TWICE - thought you said you were building up your SOCKS! LOL!

xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh how I love those 'crazies' you've this one to great effect on your ATC. Loving that background too, I maybe need the slick stix do ya think perhaps ? Of course I'll need to buy enough other things to make P&P worth it if I order from Amazon of course ha ha ! Would be interesting to compare them with DI crayons I'm thinking hmmm (can you see how im building the argument for having to get some eh ?).

Luv
Wynneth
X

scrappymo! said...

This is a great ATC...that bird is so darn cute!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Viv's Visuals said...

Great ATC Kathy - love these crazy birds! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Sally H said...

A wonderful ATC, Kathy! I love the crazy birds - such great expressions! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good Luck!

Karon said...

Wonderful and love those crazy birds. Thanks for joining us for our Things with Wings Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Rein said...

Lovaly ATC!