Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Welcome to What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday

Morning all,

How's your week coming along? Well, I hope ... as mine is!

I've an ATC to share with you today ....



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of black, bronze metallic and white card
  • White gesso applied to the white card snippet
  • Distress Crayons:- rusty hinge, fossilised amber, peeled paint and festive berries, blended with a moistened finger
  • TCW (lines and circles) used with a baby wipe to take back some of the colour and also colour added with Ranger Archival jet black ink applied with a piece of cut and dry foam
  • Dylusions circles image stamped using Hero Arts neon yellow ink
  • Impression Obsessions sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Krafting Kimmie - 18th May - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Penny's challenges - challenge No. 278 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 46 - ANYTHING GOES

My pal, Debbie, has been getting heavily in to journalling right now and she's inspiring me to get back to it .... that and my obsession with the Distress Crayons/Crayola's


My journal page
And some of the sparkle
Dare to SHINE and SPARKLE!! I should say so!
Materials used:
  • Strathmore mixed media journal page
  • White gesso
  • Crayola Slick Stix: yellow, orange, purple, red - blended with a moistened finger
  • Baby wipe used with stencils from Tim Holtz and TCW to knock back some colour and give texture and interest
  • TCW and Tim Holz stencils used with Ranger Archival jet black ink and a piece of cut and dry, to add further texture and interest
  • Further detail added by stamping the Dylusions letters, numbers and circles with Ranger Archival jet black and watering can inks and Memento grape jelly ink
  • Images and words from Stamplorations stamped using Ranger Archival watering can and jet black inks
  • Faber Castell pitt big brush pen used to doodle a border on the sides and a white gel pen across the top and bottom ... the white gel pen clogged (a lot) so it doesn't show too well
  • Crayola purple slick stix used (with my trusty moistened finger) to add a purple haze around the outer edge of the page
  • Stardust stickles used to trace around the scribbled circles and the SPARKLE wording to add, well, the SPARKLE!!!



Is it finished? Well, the jury's still out .... what do YOU think? I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Welove2create - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES

And now, since it IS Wednesday it's time to share that messy space I call my Work Desk! I'll be entering this for WOYWW #363, where I'm entry #60 ... sorry to be late to the party but I've been travelling all day.



9 comments:

SARN said...

Lovely colours and great stamping. I expect you might add some more the next time you look at it, although it's fine just as it is!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

catherine said...

Great projects Kathy and a journal page is as finished as you want it too be!love the colours together
X catherine

Sharon Koole said...

Nice journal page. I love the sparkle. How are you liking the distress crayons? I haven't given in yet and bought them. Like the ATC too.

Have a great week
Sharon K #45

glitterandglue said...

I love the ATC - well done. I'm sure you will know when the journal page is finished. You will know when enough is enough...
Incredible tidy space on your desk - brilliant.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Marilyn Webb said...

All lovely projects!! Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I love your ATC and journal page, what great colours you've used. So bright and cheerful 💖😃
Thanks for joining in today and for your support,
Hugs, LLJ xxx

Cara said...

Fab projects and I think you're awesome! Cara x

SusanLotus said...

Cool ATC.

And a lovely Mixed media
page.

Have a nice week!

Sussie nr 16 woyww 363

Helen said...

Great ATC - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x