Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Welcome to What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday ....

Morning,

Don't know about you but my week's bobbing along, yesterday I was out with a girlfriend doing the usual shopping/nattering/lunching and nattering some more! The weather's great too, which is ALWAYS a bonus, isn't it?

I still managed to fit in a little crafting (in amongst all of the whole "enjoying the weather" malarkey) and, surprisingly enough, it turned out to be a CHRISTMAS CARD!!! I know, go figure!

My card
And a closer view of the texture and twinkle
 

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels and two Kraft, cut to fit
  • Kaisercraft woodgrain image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Inkadinkado pinecone image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image
  • Mod Podge "sparkle" painted over the ribbon and set aside to dry
  • TCW stencil used and Ranger collage medium applied through it with a spatula before liberally sprinkling with crystal glamour dust, to give both texture and twinkle


I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:
  1. Merry Monday - challenge No. 204 - WOODGRAIN (Kraft and white)
  2. Use your stuff - challenge No. 222 - USE TEXTURE or MODELLING PASTE
  3. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - CMLI Rudolph Day challenge - USE FABRIC and/or TEXTURE
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 193 - HOLIDAY
  5. Simon Says Stamp - May 9th challenge - EMBOSS IT
 

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ... here's mine ... I'll be swinging by and entering this for WOYWW challenge No. over at The Stamping Ground, where it's always fascinating to see how others work/craft!



There's been a lot of talk in blogland about the Distress Crayons vs Crayola slick twistables .... I am loving the Distress Crayons but an opportunity presented itself yesterday ... twelve Crayola slick twistables for around six pounds so - had to be done, didn't it?


 

GOTTA try them to see how they compare to Distress Crayons - will let you know how I get on

33 comments:

Deb Bradley said...

Beautiful card,love this image Debbs xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous Chrimbo card kathy - I do so love that stamp. Good to hear you're having a great time, shopping, nattering, lunching... Paradise !

Your WD looks interesting, much crafting planned for today ? Have a gr8 one whatever the day brings.

Luv
Wynneth X

glitterandglue said...

That's a fantastic way of looking at woodgrain, Kathy. I have been wracking my brain as to how to interpret that Monday challenge! Well done. Enjoy trying out those twisty sticks...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

SARN said...

WILL YOU STOP IT! What with you and Lauren telling me how wonderful Distress Crayons are . . . I had just decided I NEEDED some (even though I have Gelatos) . . . and then you go and mention Crayola's too!

I will wait until you have more info on the Crayola's before I shoot off and buy one of 'em!

Oh, and I just LOVE that festive card you're showing today too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

sandra de said...

Lovely card and I do like the style of the sentiment. Hopefully you will give us your thoughts on the crayola vs distress crayons.
sandra de @33

missgailly said...

Beautiful Christmas card and I love how you added the texture. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Sarah said...

Love the twinkle and the wood grain background gives it a great rustic look.

Nikki C said...

Pretty christmas card and it's never to early to start love how it is all matching up too whoever gets that card wil smile for sure and ohh would love to hear your compare on the Crayola vs distress markers hugs Nikki 7

Majo said...

Fabulous! I love your *snow*!.

Thank you for joining us at *Use Your Stuff*! Hope to see you again ♥

Majo - Use Your Stuff DT

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love the Christmas card. You absolutely have to go with the flow, I agree, no matter what the time of year. Will be interested to hear your comparison on the crayons. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #11 xx

Susanne said...

Love that card. Enough said. Susanne #48

Colleen said...

Amazing card, your coloring is fantastic, the pine cone just pops out at you! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Viv's Visuals said...

A fab card Kathy - love it!

lilian said...

Love the card Mate, that image is lovely,

great work desk.

Lilian

Laura said...

Your card is so lovely with the pine cone image and all the great sparkle. I've been making the occasional Christmas card this year, with the hope that I will have enough made before the holiday season. Happy WOYWW! ~ Laura #44

Barb said...

I love your Pine Cone card and all the lovely glitter. A nice busy desk today. Barbxx

Lisca Meijer said...

Oooh that is a gorgeous Christmas card! Beautiful! I love the snow/glitter.
I'm just looking at your temperature thingy on the side. It's warmer in Bristol at the moment than in southern Spain. It is 6pm, usually the hottest time of the day, and it is 15 degrees C! Brrr! I have the heating on and have dug out some warmer clothes.
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca#16

Cara said...

Love the fact that you made a Christmas card in this warm weather! It looks great. Looking forward to seeing your comparison review of the crayons. Cara x

Melissa L. said...

Ohhh! Lovely Christmas card, Kathy! I am partial to pine cones. I collect them and have baskets all over the house. The sparkly snow is so pretty too! Thanks for playing long at ATSM. :) Melissa

LisaDV said...

Beautiful card. Love the texture. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV 41

Sharon Koole said...

Very nice desk! Love the card. Christmas cards. I don't even want to think about winter or cold or snow. At least not for a while!

Have a great week
Sharon K #40

Bonnie said...

Love this pine cone "bouquet", Kath! And what a wonderful, sparkly background! Never too early to start on those Christmas cards! I'll be interested in your take on the difference between these crayons. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Diane Futrell said...

Your card is fabulous!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #31

April Story said...

Christmas cards in May. I am so envious of your dedication. I am all talk - I said I was going to do a Christmas card a week and I haven't done one!
April #38

BJ said...

Love the frosting on your Christmas card. Happy WOYWW BJ#26

JosieD said...

Love the look of the pine cone and the snow background....thanks for including the how to info.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Crayola is getting into the game, huh? It will be curious to see how they compare. I skipped out WOYWW this week (and last and maybe the one before,lol). I actually came by to check out your woodgrain, kraft and white card. I love it! I love the snowy, icy effects of your card. Great job!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Kathy great card love the shimmery sheen! and great colouring, too.. and desky share as well nice spot, with bargains to boot!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #18

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Andrea La Vigne said...

Kathy, I love your simple design, and the pop of color in the focal image. Great sparkle, too!
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Karen D said...

Kathy, I love your Pinecone and gorgeous textured background. A fabulous design.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Beautiful! I love the added texture of the glitter!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Creative world said...

Awesome Christmas card,Kathy...love your coloring and CAS style but the texture you add is perfect finally touch to the card...Thank you for joining us at ATSM these week...hugs...Ċ½eljka DT