This post is a little photo heavy so you might want to make yourself comfortable first ...
- White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 3¾ x 5"
- Two pieces of black card cut to 4 x 5¼"
- Snippets of both cards for the image panel and mat
- White gesso applied to image panel using an almost dry baby wipe
- Distress Crayons: twisted citron, peeled paint, fossilised amber and peacock feathers scribbled on image panel and blended with the same almost dry baby wipe
- Stampers Anonymous (mini circles and wording) and TCW (grungy square lines) used with baby wipe, to knock back colour
- TCW grungy lines stencil used with a piece of cut and dry and Ranger Archival jet black ink - to add texture
- Stamplorations images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black and watering can inks
- Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Country View Challenges - challenge No. 39 - USE A STENCIL
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES - 2nd entry
- That's Crafty - April 29th challenge - GO FIGURE - 2nd entry
And, whilst I had my Distress Crayons and stencils out ... an ATC - I am really LOVING this particular colour combination which I scribbled using straight lines, for a change
- ATC blank
- Snippet of black card cut to ATC size
- Snippet of white card, cut smaller than ATC size
- White gesso applied to the strip of white card and allowed to dry
- Distress Crayons: Picked raspberry, Seedless preserves, Festive berries, scribbled on to the gesso'd surface and blended with an almost dry baby wipe
- Using an almost dry baby wipe and stencils from Tim Holtz and TCW I knocked back some of the colour
- Using a piece of cut and dry and Ranger Archival jet black ink I added some lines through the TCW stencil, to give layers of "texture"
- Stamplorations images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Once my image panel was dry and adhered to the black card mat (using tombow glue) I doodled a border using the Reminisce white gel pen
I'll be entering this ATC for the Stencil Sunday challenge over at Stamplorations
It's also the birthday of my good friend, Lauren so .. have a good one mate
|It's OK peeps, the turtle survived the encounter|