Monday, 9 May 2016

Well it's here, ANOTHER week!!!

Morning

This post is a little photo heavy so you might want to make yourself comfortable first ...

Hope you all had a tip top weekend, we did, we met up with friends on Saturday evening and the weather's been pretty lush too, it just doesn't get better than this, does it?

Well it does, if you count some quality time spent crafting too!! 


My card
 
The front back and inside of my card and the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3¾ x 5"
  • Two pieces of black card cut to 4 x 5¼"
  • Snippets of both cards for the image panel and mat
  • White gesso applied to image panel using an almost dry baby wipe
  • Distress Crayons: twisted citron, peeled paint, fossilised amber and peacock feathers scribbled on image panel and blended with the same almost dry baby wipe
  • Stampers Anonymous (mini circles and wording) and TCW (grungy square lines) used with baby wipe, to knock back colour
  • TCW grungy lines stencil used with a piece of cut and dry and Ranger Archival jet black ink - to add texture
  • Stamplorations images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black and watering can inks
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Country View Challenges - challenge No. 39 - USE A STENCIL
  2. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES - 2nd entry
  3. That's Crafty - April 29th challenge - GO FIGURE - 2nd entry

And, whilst I had my Distress Crayons and stencils out ... an ATC - I am really LOVING this particular colour combination which I scribbled using straight lines, for a change




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of black card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card, cut smaller than ATC size
  • White gesso applied to the strip of white card and allowed to dry
  • Distress Crayons: Picked raspberry, Seedless preserves, Festive berries, scribbled on to the gesso'd surface and blended with an almost dry baby wipe
  • Using an almost dry baby wipe and stencils from Tim Holtz and TCW I knocked back some of the colour
  • Using a piece of cut and dry and Ranger Archival jet black ink I added some lines through the TCW stencil, to give layers of "texture"
  • Stamplorations images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Once my image panel was dry and adhered to the black card mat (using tombow glue) I doodled a border using the Reminisce white gel pen



I'll be entering this ATC for the Stencil Sunday challenge over at Stamplorations



It's also the birthday of my good friend, Lauren so .. have a good one mate



We got up and out early yesterday and went for a walk in the sunshine .... more pix tomorrow






It's OK peeps, the turtle survived the encounter

9 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning matey

Fab card and ATC. Absolutely top notch Mrs.

Thanks so much for your birthday wishes, gorgeous card and very thoughtful gift. How kind you are! I confess I am sat here in the sunshine with a glass of Birthday Bucks Fizz feeling pretty darned lucky :oD

As for the (gulp) 'gator pic ...

I am SO pleased to hear the turtle made it out alive. It does rather illustrate WHY they have their shiny shell and quite a nip doesn't it :oD

Have a great day.

Lx

lilian said...

Great cards mate,

Love the pictures, It sure looks lovely there.

Lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving your card and ATC kathy, just gorgeous vibrant colours, I'm still learning to play with my Distress Crayons, haven't ventured onto a card yet but you've inspired me.

Nice pix, happy to know the turtle survived.

I've lots of your posts to catch up with - I may be some time LOL

luv
wynneth x

Cara said...

Fab card and ATC, love the coupons you've used in each. Cara x

SARN said...

Loving the card you made with that fabby inked up panel.
Great ATC too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debbie Ellis said...

awesome work, love what you have created
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie Dt

Wheelie Crafty said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Beautiful ATC Kathy. I love the colors and inspiring too. I enjoyed the photos; such beautiful scenes. Thank you for sharing and playing along at STAMPlorations May Mixed Media Challenge. Join us again in next challenge. Happy creating and have great days always!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Susanne Rose said...

Great ATC!Thanks for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. xx Susanne.