Hot enough for you? I was only moaning about the lack of "FLAMING JUNE" a few days ago and, now? I find myself longing for those chillier days ... OK so .. maybe not CHILLY exactly, I'd be happy with simply "less humid".
We have a family of sparrows nesting in our guttering (guess what hubby will be doing once they've flown?) and the youngsters are obviously learning to fly .. twice yesterday afternoon I caught one trying to get in through the open window. Fortunately, both times I was able to persuade him against the idea and, hopefully, without scaring the poor little fellow to death.
If you've read my other posts this week (my gel crayon review on Monday and my ATC post on Wednesday) then you will know that I had one "sample" panel left that hadn't been QUITE big enough to make in to an ATC without a little further work ..... here's how it ended up ..
- ATC blank
- Snippet of DCWV textured red card cut to ATC size (to adjust the sizing since my image panel had been a little small
- Snippet of black card, cut to very slightly smaller than ATC size
- White card panel (from my crayon review) coloured with Maped Colour'pep smoothys in yellow/orange/red/purple and blended with a moistened finger before using Ranger Archival jet black ink to stamp the Clearly Inspired image
- Crafters Companion edging image stamped around the outer edge of the coloured panel using Ranger Archival watering can ink
- I coloured another snippet of gesso'd card using the same crayons and, once dry, stamped the sentiments by Stamplorations, using Ranger Archival jet black ink and cutting out before mounting on dimensional foam
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the surface, to protect the water based crayons
- Platinum stickles used to highlight
And now for the Friday Funny, a video from a pal, PatG, thanks Pat, you're in the 2016 draw - ENJOY
Now, I don't know whether anyone else who uses one of those "free" HTML signatures has been seeing a weird message from Blogger/Google telling them that their signature is no longer as compatible as it used to be? Anyone got a fix for it? If you click on the option "FIX" it removes your signature from the post, leaving an irritating little square!!! So ... off I went with my little Serif Plus package - I'm a complete numpty with it so this MAY be the best I can come up with!, but at least Blogger/Google don't SEEM to hate it!