Friday, 10 June 2016

A post and a little humour for the weekend?

Morning all,

Hot enough for you? I was only moaning about the lack of "FLAMING JUNE" a few days ago and, now? I find myself longing for those chillier days ... OK so .. maybe not CHILLY exactly, I'd be happy with simply "less humid".

We have a family of sparrows nesting in our guttering (guess what hubby will be doing once they've flown?) and the youngsters are obviously learning to fly .. twice yesterday afternoon I caught one trying to get in through the open window. Fortunately, both times I was able to persuade him against the idea and, hopefully, without scaring the poor little fellow to death.

If you've read my other posts this week (my gel crayon review on Monday and my ATC post on Wednesday) then you will know that I had one "sample" panel left that hadn't been QUITE big enough to make in to an ATC without a little further work ..... here's how it ended up ..



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of DCWV textured red card cut to ATC size (to adjust the sizing since my image panel had been a little small
  • Snippet of  black card, cut to very slightly smaller than ATC size
  • White card panel (from my crayon review) coloured with Maped Colour'pep smoothys in yellow/orange/red/purple and blended with a moistened finger before using Ranger Archival jet black ink to stamp the Clearly Inspired image
  • Crafters Companion edging image stamped around the outer edge of the coloured panel using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • I coloured another snippet of gesso'd card using the same crayons and, once dry, stamped the sentiments by Stamplorations, using Ranger Archival jet black ink and cutting out before mounting on dimensional foam
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the surface, to protect the water based crayons
  • Platinum stickles used to highlight
Now I think that this one is my favourite ...so, I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - June 7th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Everybody Art - challenge No. 372 - NOT CUTE
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - June 7th - 13th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And now for the Friday Funny, a video from a pal, PatG, thanks Pat, you're in the 2016 draw - ENJOY


Stay cool peeps!

Now, I don't know whether anyone else who uses one of those "free" HTML signatures has been seeing a weird message from Blogger/Google telling them that their signature is no longer as compatible as it used to be? Anyone got a fix for it? If you click on the option "FIX" it removes your signature from the post, leaving an irritating little square!!! So ... off I went with my little Serif Plus package - I'm a complete numpty with it so this MAY be the best I can come up with!, but at least Blogger/Google don't SEEM to hate it!

10 comments:

lilian said...

great ATC Mate, Loving the colours

Love the Friday funny.

Lilian

SARN said...

You are indeed AWESOME. Love this ATC.

Happy weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely ATC Mrs and I SO enjoyed the Friday Funny....LOL

Have a good one. Lx

Debs M said...

fab make, lovethe ff x

Viv said...

Great ATC Kathy and I laughed at the Friday funny too he he ;) Viv xx

Cara said...

This turned out brilliantly, love it. Cara x

Di said...

Wonderful ATC Kathy - and this is one of my fave ever video clips - 'Emmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'!!

Hugs

Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great work on suing the extra bit of background Kathy and love the funny :D
..vive le papier! I say! Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}


PS re the html.. it maybe something to do with your settings..
...blogger updated that side of things recently.

I forget what it was but I know I tweaked my setting when had update from Blogger buzz, it maybe also because it is simply not compatible as it also said at the same time non blogger compatible things will be affected.
here's the update
https://blogger.googleblog.com/2016/05/more-custom-template-flexibility.html

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sorry wrong one.. it was this one..
https://blogger.googleblog.com/2016/05/bringing-https-to-all-blogspot-domain.html

cecilia gunnarsson said...

I lovely and great make!! love it!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
TTCRD DT
ciccividpennan{My personal Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door