Friday, 24 June 2016

It's time for the Friday Funny again!

Morning all,

Well, here we are .. another Glastonbury weekend ... it's bound to rain! Earlier this week the fields were shown on the television as already waterlogged, and that was BEFORE people even started to arrive - I bet it's a mud bath today!. If you are going this year take care ... and take your wellies! ENJOY!

And I guess that, by now, we all know that the U.K. has voted to leave the E.U. with a 4% margin .... I hope we've made the right decision. Hubby and I trotted off to register our preferences yesterday .. can't complain about the result if you can't be bothered to vote - apparently 72% of the voters turned out too. Just hoping we've collectively made the RIGHT decision although it's probably going to be down to history to record the wisdom or madness of this decision. All I know is that there appears to be no other news this morning!

I'm trying to figure out whether my present obsession with ATC's is because I'm trying to use up snippets or whether it's simply a way of crafting without making cards which I then have to find a home for! Either way, here are another two which are very similar and use the same materials, yet manage to be not (quite) identical.




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black (top one), navy (bottom one), red  and white
  • Creative Expressions mini letter background stamped using Memento tangelo ink
  • Kasiercraft mini grid image stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Kaisercraft numbers image stamped using Brilliance pearlescent orchid ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Visible Image mini flourish border stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Old Town Crafts bloom stamped using Vivid! plum ink
  • Lots of Stardust stickles, used to highlight the blooms




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Glitter and Sparkle - challenge No. 193 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 36 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 112 - BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS
  4. Sisterhood of Crafters - June 22nd challenge - CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  5. MOD SQUAD - June 22nd challenge - ALL THAT GLITTERS

And now, you probably feel in need of a pick me up so .. Time for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes right at you courtesy of Marsha - with some humorous quotes attributed to the late, great (IMHO) Bob Hope



ON TURNING 70
'I still chase women, but only downhill.'

ON TURNING 80
'That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.'

ON TURNING 90
'You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.'

ON TURNING 100
'I don't feel old. In fact,   I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.'

ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING
'I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.'

ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR
'Welcome to the Academy Awards, or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover.'

ON GOLF
'Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.'

ON PRESIDENTS
'I have performed for 12 presidents but entertained only six.'   

ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER
'When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, Congratulations, you have an eight pound ham.'   

ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL
'I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it.'

ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY
'Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother.'

ON HIS SIX BROTHERS
'That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.'

ON HIS EARLY FAILURES
'I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff the audience threw at me.'

ON GOING TO HEAVEN
'I've done benefits for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.'

Give me a sense of humor Lord, give me the grace to see a joke, to get some humor out of life, and pass it on to other folk. 

Have a fab weekend




17 comments:

SARN said...

Great looking ATCs mate. Now you've had fun making them, you can have even MORE fun turning them into the focal point of a card surely????

Pleased with this morning's news personally . . . although I agree only time will tell! Xxx

Diane said...

Wonderful ATC...yep they would great on a card front too...thank you for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our challenge!
Diane TSH DT

Barbara Bruder said...

Good luck with the changes that are ahead for your country. It will be a few years b4 this is all settled and then we will see how this will effect all of Europe and parts beyond.(I just had to add my personal comment here since you mentioned the exit from the EU in your post. BTW, love your ATC's

Barbara Bruder said...

Love those ATC's Very nice. Like the colors you used as well. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Debs M said...

Great makes.. as for the result - don't ask the question if you don't know the answer...and they obviously didn't...

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Kathy, great makes, and think Glastonbury is more often muddy than not from what I can work out. I've family there fir the weekend they often go, from the younger generation. Yes concerned for UK and it's unity now. Uncertain times but God knows so prayer will help.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Cara said...

Love the ATCs and great funnies. Cara x

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Lovely ATC x love the sentiment x thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the ATC's and great reason behind making them -great Bob Hope quips too lol
Carol x

Tracey Boley said...

Super creation,thank you for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Anything Goes challenge.

Tracey DTxx

brenda said...

Beautiful stamping and colour, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love the lovely layers of stamping on this ATC. It makes a great background for your wonderful sentiment and flowers. I've never actually made any ATCs myself but I agree with your thoughts as I have dozens of cards that I've made that I then don't know what to do with! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

Peggy T. said...

Lovely projects. Thank you for joining the All That Glitters Challenge at Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Peggy T.
DT Member

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful constructed creation with fabulous colours. Thanks for entering in our current challenge...all entrants need to be a follower of Lil Patch of Crafty Friends....hope to see you next challenge.xx
[aNNie Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT]

Darlene said...

This is awesome Kathy and what great advice! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautiful ATCs! Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

Esther said...

Lovely little ATC, they are such fun to make , thanks so much for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping challenges...Esther xx