Honestly, what is it with our weather? It's supposed to be FLAMING June and, indeed, Friday was pretty lush - we even managed a BBQ but gave up around 7 pm as it was getting windy .. but Saturday - what a change? Cool and grey all day! Was Friday summer then?
Out last evening, for an impromptu curry with a friend, lovely evening.
A friend of mine taught a workshop yesterday, whilst feeling really rubbish (she knows who she is) - I hope it went really well mate, that you managed to get through it without feeling even worse and that you have woken this morning feeling much better too.
- ATC blank
- Snippets of white card, cut to ATC size and white gesso applied with a credit card + snippets for feathers
- Distress Crayons: picked raspberry, mustard seed and spiced marmalade
- TCW stencils used with an almost dry baby wipe, to knock back colour and to add ink using Ranger Archival watering can applied with a piece of cut and dry foam ... the eagle eyed will spot that I over inked the TCW line stencil over one of my feathers - mistake? I thought so, initially but now? I think I rather like it! - adds further interest and "TEXTURE"
- ART-C feather stamp inked with Memento London fog ink over die cut feather and the feather dies (from the same company .. see below) used to die cut three feathers
- Sentiment from the above stamps/dies set stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Kaisercraft border image stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal my project
|ATC backgrounds #1 (top) and 2 (bottom)|
|My ATC, using background #2|
|Gel pen highlights|
- ATC blank
- Snippet of white card, cut to ATC size and coated with white gesso using an old credit card
- Distres Crayons: seedless preserves, twisted citron, picked raspberry and Crayola Slick Stix in purple
- Using an almost dry baby wipe and stencils from TCW (grungey lines & letters/numbers) and That's Crafty (dinky raindrops) I knocked back some colour .. using the crayola purple to edge the ATC
- Crafters Companion grungey lines image stamped around the outer edge using Ranger Archival watering can ink
- Stampers Anonymous sentiment and Inkadinkado image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Signo Uniball white gel pen used to highlight words and draw a sketchy border around the outer edge
- Scrappers Delight - challenge No. 56 - ANYTHING GOES
- More Mixed Media - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES with optional twist of ADD PURPLE
Enjoy your Sunday, let's hope this isn't the case ..