Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Welcome to my midweek post - it's WOYWW!

Morning all

Hope your week's going according to plan ....

Today I have an ATC to share with you - I seem to be thoroughly enjoying making them again after a short absence .. and I'm sure you will be glad to see you get a rest from Distress Crayons/Crayola Slick Stix!!! Check it out ... sorry, pun intended!




A closer view, so you can better see the background
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet/scrap of deep green card, cut to ATC size
  • Snippet/scrap of green plaid/check card, cut slightly smaller than the ATC size
  • Snippet/scrap of white card, cut slightly smaller again
  • Distress Inks: lucky clover, peacock feathers and twisted citron used DTP method to add irregular colour to the background
  • Paper Artsy splatter stamped using the lucky clover ink
  • Crafters Companion lines and TCW grungey line stencil used with Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Visible Image mini flourish (dotty border side) stamped around the outer edge of the image panel using the Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Creative Expressions grungey star image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied over the image panel, to protect the water based inks



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 116 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Where the heART is - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Hiding in my craft room - Challenge No. 254 - SUPER SCRAPS SATURDAY

I saw this technique being showcased over on facebook so followed the link to the tutorial (you can see Paula's project here) and thought I should have a go .. so, here's my interpretation of Paula's technique - WAAAAAAAAAAY more pastel than I would normally have - perhaps I'll make the same ATC using my more usual method!


My ATC
How it started ....
Part way
Materials used:-
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in: black, neon green and white
  • Distress Crayons in: Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron and Picked Raspberry ... scribbled on to a blending mat and then stencilled using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Stencils by TCW (numbers), That's Crafty (dinky - circles) and Stamplorations (pinwheels)
  • Visible Image mini flourish stamped around the outer edge of the image panel using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Creative Expressions image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel, to protect the water based crayons




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Ooh La La - challenge No. 206 - ONE FOR THE BOYS
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 35 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Stamplorations - June 5th - MIXED MEDIA - ANYTHING GOES + Stencil Sunday ... I used stencils, distress crayons, inking and stamping


And now, since it IS WOYWW, here's a sneak peek at my work space which I shall be entering over at WOYWW, challenge # 367 ....... enjoy a quick rummage! I'm entry #22. Jan (currently the hostess of WOYWW) has experienced a bereavement this past week and my sympathy is with her and her family at this time.





25 comments:

SARN said...

Both ATC cards look great. Fab techniques, thanks for sharing. Have a great day xxx

lilian said...

Two great ATC cards mate,

Lilian

Anne said...

Super ATC's - great techniques. Thanks for popping by Anne x #23

sandra de said...

Nice collection of ATC and techniques.
sandra de @34

Neet said...

I like your atc and your card is lovely. Great technique. Is it a Visible Image image?.
Have a good week,
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing your techniques...always fun to get new ideas. Loving how they turned out. Good luck with the challenges too. Have a fun week. #18 off to visit with classmates.

Caz said...

Great to learn new techniques. Fab ATCs
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#31

Anne L said...

Hello Kathy that is a both great ATC you have made and thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I just love those drawers in your room as I have always some but we don't live near ikea. Have a wonderful week Hugs ~Anne L#7

Sharon Koole said...

Great view of your desk! Love the drawers. The ATCs are very nice. Thanks for sharing how they are done.

Have a great week
Sharon k #39

dmgarafalo said...

great ATC's happy crafting donna #13

Sheila H said...

I haven't made an ATV in a long time. Thanks for the tips!

Sheila #47

Helen said...

what a great post. have a creative week. Helen #5

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great ATC's. Happy Wednesday. Lx

cheryl said...

You always put together a great post hun great arcs too hugs cheryl xxx

Angela Radford said...

Great post, I'm loving that set of stamps with the stars as it looks really useful. Great ATCs too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 20

Diane Futrell said...

Great ATCs
Have a great day!
Diane #42

RosA said...

Those white drawers are fabuous! I wonder if they are from Ikea? I would love something like that :)
Have a good week,
RosA # 9

Twiglet said...

Great set of drawers so useful. x Jo

Erin Bentley said...

These ATC's are fabulous. Loving the first one. Thank you for joining Where The HeART is. I hope you will join us again soon.

Hugs Erin xx

Cara said...

Great ATCs, I don't know how you manage to make such works of art in that tiny space. Cara x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card..love the background and awesome colours..
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Where the heART is..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Michelle J M said...

A fabulous card for a boy, love your backgrounds. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

Carol said...

Fabulous ATC's Kathy and great stencil layering. Thanks for joining the Stencil Sunday Mixed Media Challenge this month. Carol DT x

Scrapbook Lynne Mizera said...

Kathy what a great technique using pastels! - thanks for sharing, both the technique and your amazing project over at STAMPlorations for the June Mixed Media Challenge.

Andrea said...

great ATC's Kathy' I love the star stamp used and the background is fabulous. I'm getting into ATC's myself. As you have wonderfully demonstrated you can create so many different mini masterpieces and yours are fab.I love that sunburst Tstencil used on your second design,what fabulous pieces thank you for sharing .crafty hugs Andrea