Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Welcome to my midweek/WOYWW post

Morning all,

Hope your week is going well. Sadly, not going quite so well for a pal of mine who had to have some surgery last Thursday - I thought I would make her this card ... here's hoping it will have arrived by now and that she will be cheered by this card and starting to feel better.

My card
 
And the front, back and inside of card, along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels, cut to 9 x 13cm
  • One red card panel cut to fit with a 1.6mm border
  • Stampers Anonymous image and Chapel Road sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers in vanilla, red, poppy, saffron, apricot, senna and cool grey1 used to colour image
  • Stardust stickles to  highlight



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Alphabet challenge - June 10th challenge - H for HAND COLOURED
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - June 21st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. The Crazy challenge - June 20th challenge - "R" IS FOR ..... in this case .. RED!
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 199 - CAS

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here's a sneaky peek at mine .. I'll be submitting it for the WOYWW challenge #368 post where I shall be entry #16




23 comments:

Di said...

Stunning card there Kathy! What a great set of image stamps and the vibrant orangey red is perfect. Happy Wednesday to you.

Hugs

Di xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ooh, that's a very elegant card! I like it very much - why should Get Well cards be mundane? That one certainly isn't and it's the one I'd buy in the shops.
Btw, your comment on Julia's post about not buying exercise equipment from night time TV really cracked me up, lol!!
HUgs, LLJ xxx

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW Mate.

Loving that get well card and hope your friend recovers soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Anne said...

Super card - would certainly cheer me up. Anne x #20

Diana Taylor said...

That's a beautiful card and I'm sure it will cheer your friend up. I love the stamps and haven't seen that set before. Thanks for the earlier visit, I hope you have a great week,
Diana #17

sandra de said...

Great card Kathy and lovely to see the set of stamps you have used. Great little collection women that will come in handy for a whole range of cards. have a lovely week.
sandra de @18

Lisca Meijer said...

What a absolutely gorgeous card! It would cheer anyone up! (I had not seen these TH stamps).

Happy WOYWW and have a good week,
Greetings from sunny Spain,
Lisca#11

Debs M said...

great stamps and card x

Pat said...

Lovely card with a great image, I'm sure your friend will love it, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Anne L said...

Hello Kathy those are beautiful cards and stamp set. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Have a wonderful week Hugs ~Anne L#3

Sharon Koole said...

Beautiful card. I'm sure it will cheer your friend up. I haven't seen that set of stamps before. They are lovely.

Have a great week. I hope your friend feels better soon.
Sharon K #37

dmgarafalo said...

What a fun stamp set! Lovely card! xoxoxox Donna #4

Neet said...

Am sure your friend will love her card - great images on the stamp set.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Twiglet said...

A great card - what a snazzy stamp that is! x Jo

cheryl said...

Now that is one super card hun lush set of stamps love it xxxx

Angela Radford said...

Love the card. That is a great stamp. Another late visit for me as we've been to the Lincolnshire agricultural show today. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 21

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card Mrs. Happy Hump Day Wednesday.

Lx

Michelle G said...

Very stylish card and a fun packed crafty space.

Cara said...

A very stylish and elegant card. Cara x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, I love that fab image and your clean design! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful CAS design and coloring on this fabulous image, Kathy! So happy you played along with us this week at ATSM!

crafty-stamper said...

Very elegant image and love the vibrant orange-hope your friend is feeling better
Carol x

Ellen said...

Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen