It's been a bit of a full on week and I won't bore you all with the details, suffice it to say that FINALLY, things are all starting to come together - YAY! I LOVE it when a plan comes together, don't you?
I get e-mails regarding SplitCoastStampers projects and one hit my inbox on Wednesday that I thought was so fun that I had to have a look and see if I couldn't make something similar .... Of course, if I'd paid attention and used masking tape instead of fussy measuring .. well, YOU KNOW! Anyway, here's my take on SELFIES/photobomb .. THE perfect way to use an image that's too big to put on an ATC by itself! .. like both the cityscape AND the sheep! Mine doesn't bear much resemblance to the Splitcoaststampers project as I decided to make mine in to an ATC!
- ATC blank
- Snippet of grey card with a 5cm square aperture cut
- Snippet of white card cut to 5.2cm square
- Stampers Anonymous Cityscape image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and alcohol markers used to colour
- HobbyArt sheep image stamped on to separate piece of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and colour using Zig clean colour brush pen (cool grey 01) and fussy cut out
- Once my cut out sheep was positioned against my London skyline I placed behind the aperture, with her ear artistically overlapping (Well that's my theory anyway!)
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Black Pitt pen to draw a border around the "polaroid"
- Stardust stickles to add highlights
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 201 - ANYTHING GOES
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 48 - ANYTHING GOES
- Cheeky Challenge - challenge No. 24 - COMEDY or HUMOUR
- ATC blank
- Snippets of: navy card, gold card, white card
- Katzelkraft grumpy penguin stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on to white card snippet and again on to a post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
- Stampers Anonymous Cityscape image stamped on to white card snippet
- Alcohol markers to colour
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Color Box white ink
- Stardust stickles to highlight
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 149 - ANIMAL ANTICS
- As You Like It - June 30th challenge - FAVOURITE MARKERS .. who doesn't love the way alcohol markers blend seamlessly and the fact you can build up shading ... I used alcohol markers in the pointillism style to add colour to my buildings
And now for the Friday Funny, this week we can all blame .... Marsha! Just what we all need for a summer office party!