Friday, 8 July 2016

And now it's Friday and the weekend starts here

Morning all

It's been a  bit of a full on week and I won't bore you all with the details, suffice it to say that FINALLY, things are all starting to come together - YAY! I LOVE it when a plan comes together, don't you?

I get e-mails regarding SplitCoastStampers projects and one hit my inbox on Wednesday that I thought was so fun that I had to have a look and see if I couldn't make something similar .... Of course, if I'd paid attention and used masking tape instead of fussy measuring .. well, YOU KNOW! Anyway, here's my take on SELFIES/photobomb .. THE perfect way to use an image that's too big to put on an ATC by itself! .. like both the cityscape AND the sheep! Mine doesn't bear much resemblance to the Splitcoaststampers project as I decided to make mine in to an ATC!





Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of grey card with a 5cm square aperture cut
  • Snippet of white card cut to 5.2cm square
  • Stampers Anonymous Cityscape image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and alcohol markers used to colour
  • HobbyArt sheep image stamped on to separate piece of white card  using Ranger Archival jet black ink and colour using Zig clean colour brush pen (cool grey 01) and fussy cut out
  • Once my cut out sheep was positioned against my London skyline I placed behind the aperture, with her ear artistically overlapping (Well that's my theory anyway!)
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Black Pitt pen to draw a border around the "polaroid"
  • Stardust stickles to add highlights




I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:
  1. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 201 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Create and  Inspire - challenge No. 48 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Cheeky Challenge - challenge No. 24 - COMEDY or HUMOUR
Then I thought of a different approach, so there was nothing for it but to have another go ... now I'm wishing I had the polaroid die that the people over at Splitcoaststampers had!!! Boy that penguin looks super grumpy!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of: navy card, gold card, white card
  • Katzelkraft grumpy penguin stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on to white card snippet and again on to a post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
  • Stampers Anonymous Cityscape image stamped on to white card snippet
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Color Box white ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-

  1. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 149 - ANIMAL ANTICS
  2. As You Like It - June 30th challenge - FAVOURITE MARKERS .. who doesn't love the way alcohol markers blend seamlessly and the fact you can build up shading ... I used alcohol markers in the pointillism style to add colour to my buildings


And now for the Friday Funny, this week we can all blame .... Marsha! Just what we all need for a summer office party!



Have a great weekend


12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ha! Ha! Absolutely love your brilliant selfie pics. It was a great idea and you've really captured it perfectly.

Have a great weekend. Lx

Kamila Routsis * Life In Moments said...

I love these cards! Such a great idea! They are super fun! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

SARN said...

Those are two WAY COOL ATCs mate! LOVE them to pieces.

Hugs, SArn xxx

Debs M said...

fab atc's - love those stamp sets x

Brenda Brown said...

Loveeee he photo bombing idea and your fabulous examples, brilliant. Have a great weekend xx

lilian said...

Love the way you have got the selfies on there Kathy, Looking good

Lilian

Michele said...

these are adorable! xo

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Cara said...

Oh my goodness these are hilarious! Cara x

Deann said...

Wise words and an adorable card.

June Macfarlane said...

Oh what fun, This is a fabulous piece. Thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge. x

Sarah said...

Thank you for bringing your fab pen work to AYLI!! Good Luck!! Sarah :0)