Sunday, 10 July 2016

Another lazy Sunday

Morning all,

Hope your weekend is coming along well, it's been a bit on the STICKY side where I am and I'm not happy about that. Anyone who knows me personally will know I don't do HOT very well, colour me like the penguin below!

I've a couple of ATC's to share with you this morning so, without further ado .... here they are!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in grey, red and white
  • Katzelkraft grumpy penguin stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink ... having got the set to use for my Friday post I realised just how cool this little chap (the smallest of the three) is for ATC's!
  • Hero Arts neon blue and Versacolour chateau grey applied DTP to the white space around the image and then the grey used to ink the Paper Artsy splatter image randomly - to give the illusion that "something is falling"!
  • Alcohol markers used to add a little colour and to add "grounding" for my image
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen "F" thickness and a Signo uniball white gel pen used to scribble a border
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the "snow ground"



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 14 - ANIMALS
  2. Creative Corner - team Mel's challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Inkspirational - challenge No. 112 - ANYTHING GOES .. WITH RED

And the second ....



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in grey, navy and white
  • Versacolour inks in pea green, raspberry and chateau grey along with Hero Arts neon blue applied DTP to colour the background and a snippet of white (for the sentiment
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink before cutting out
  • Creative Expressions skateboarder stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink. I made not attempt to "ground" my image, thinking it more "awesome" that he be in the air!
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped randomly using the chateau grey, just to add "texture"



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 32 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 199 - TRANSPORTATION ... a skateboards a form of transport - right?
  3. Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 237 - SNIPPETS challenge
  4. Allsorts - challenge No. 371 - ONE FOR THE BOYS

Have a great weekend, it's supposed to be BBQ weather this afternoon, shame I'll be on my own and am grill challenged!


16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge, ONE FOR THE BOYS, lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Di said...

Brilliant Kathy! I love the penguin and of course your snippets ATC is a perfect make for a chap!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Well I am ALL for thinking happy thoughts, so I totally adore your penguin ATC. I also love the word AWESOME, so totally adore your 2nd ATC too! Win-win!

Have a wonderful Sunday. Just emailed you too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

lilian said...

Love the ATC's mate. I must use my penguins more ,

lilian


Lauren Hatwell said...

Gotta love those grumpy penguins. Great job Mrs. Lx

Liz said...

Gorgeous ATCs, Kathy. I especially love the cute penguin one. xx

NanaConnie said...

Kathy, I love the idea of a skateboard as transportation. It certainly is! I'm tickled to see you playing in our "Transportation" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you playing again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Rein said...

Great boys ATC, love the image.

crafty said...

Love the skateboard card. Great male make. Thank you for joining in at QKR Stampede this week.
Mary

Cara said...

Fab ATCs, love the evil penguin! Cara x

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a great card, Thank you for playing along with our one for the boys challenge at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

catherine said...

These are looking great Kathy
catherine

Glittertastic said...

I love the skaterboarder stamp - what a fabulous image for a teenager. Thanks for joining in at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Marina said...

red with black and white ...a classic combo and for good reason - it looks really striking, a great way to show off your cute penguin and I love the doodled frame.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time!

karalschuknecht said...

All great cards, very nice work. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Samantha Brooks said...

Such lovely Penguin ATC's. Thank you joining us over at Morgan's ArtWorld for our Animals Challenge. Hugz Samantha (AngelicBadGirl) DT