Friday, 29 July 2016

As the weekend approaches it's time for a little humour!

Morning all

I'd like to welcome my recent new followers: MelH, Pat, Kath and Mimi ... blogger appears to have changed a few things recently and I'm struggling to find the way to follow back to new followers so I can link to their blogs - can anyone help me? If I click on their image then I just get a list of blogs they follow nor, rather than their blog address! Is it me?!?!?! I found two (as you can see) but if  new followers MelH or Mimi stop by and would care to leave me a message with their blog address then I will happily include a link to either or both blogs.

The Purple Princess is away from her desk today ..... "Where is she?" I hear you cry, well .... and I'm getting quite excited as I type this .. I'm away at the first (hopefully of many) Annual Happy Little Stampers Retreat, organised by Kylie, who's made the trip all the way from AUSTRALIA! YAY In honour of the event Kylie set the challenge  . . . to make "an Australian themed Christmas card" and here's mine ......


My card
A closer look at the twinkle
 
The back of the envelope along with the inside and back of the card too

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel x 2 (including insert)  + snippet for image panel
  • 13.9cm square of navy card + snippet for matting my image panel
  • Stampers Anonymous "Sydney" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Zig clean colour brush pen (cool grey), Pro Markers (red, cool aqua, vanilla) used to lightly colour image ... the vanilla was supposed to represent the Sydney Harbour ferries, which you can see under the bridge and which are also mentioned in the F.F. this week!
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied over the image and set aside to dry.
  • Once dry, Distress Inks in tumbled glass, salty ocean, stormy sky and chipped sapphire applied over the image panel, blending with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Water flicked from fingers and allowed to develop, before blotting with paper towel
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using the D.I. in salty ocean, for a little "texture"
  • Inkyliscious Santa and sleigh stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to protect the water based inks and, once dry Tsukineko shimmer spray added to "bling it up"
  • Once panel was adhered to my card the Inkadinkado sentiment was stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and embellished with gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen
  • For the insert I also added the greeting by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle, stamped using the Ranger Archival jet black ink




Once I get home from this weekend (on Sunday) I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 291 - USE A SENTIMENT
  2. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 315 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Mod Squad - July 27th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. Sweet Stampin' Christmas - July challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge EXTRA - July challenge - ALWAYS ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
So, I've left hubby at home on his own, free to do what he wants, when he wants - not my best move, or is it? I'm packed and ready to roll, never packed such a small bag for two nights but .. my car is a small one and there are three people and their crafting and overnight things to fit in too ... just got to hope whatever it is that I shall have forgotten turns out not to be overly important!


 


Oh and, just a little heads up ... there will probably be a post on Monday and it MAY be a LITTLE photo heavy as there will be QUITE A FEW people there who are well known in blogland!!!!

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes to you courtesy of Marsha - thanks Marsha. It's topical (to me) as I shall be away this weekend at a crafting retreat organised by Kylie ... so it has an Australian theme to it!

A   young Sydney woman was so depressed that she  decided to end her life by throwing  herself into the Harbour.

Just   before she could throw herself off Circular  Quay, a handsome young man  stopped  her.
   
"You  have  so much to live for," said the man. "I'm a  sailor, and we are off to  Italy tomorrow. 

I   can stow you away on my ship. I'll take care of  you, bring you food every day, and keep you  happy.."
   
With   nothing to lose, combined with the fact that she  had always wanted to go  to Italy , the  woman accepted.

That   night the sailor brought her aboard and hid her  in a small but
comfortable compartment in the  hold..

From then on, every night he would bring her three  sandwiches, a bottle of red  wine, and make love to her until dawn.

Two   weeks later she was discovered by the captain  during a routine inspection.
    
"What  are you doing here?" asked the  captain.
 
"I  have an  arrangement with one of the sailors," she  replied. "He brings me food and I get a free  trip to Italy."
    
"I  see," the captain  says.
   
Her conscience got the best of her and she added,  "Plus, he's screwing me."
    
"He  certainly is," replied the captain "This is the  Manly  Ferry." (as referred to in my "Materials used" section)


Have a great weekend, I know I plan to! Oh, and, if you've not upgraded to windows 10 yet .. you only have ONE DAY LEFT



14 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy,

Looking forward to this weekend,

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card and have a great weekend at the retreat. Really looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. I know it's going to be a blast. Lx

SARN said...

WOW - your Aussie Christmas Card is a corker! Love it. Can't see how anyone's gonna top THAT!

Wishing you a wonderful time at the HLS retreat.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kath said...

A fabulous Christmas card - you've created a lovely scene. Enjoy the weekend and I'm looking forward to hearing about the retreat.
Kath x

Debs M said...

fabby oz card - see you in a few hours! x

Pat said...

I love this card Kathy, such a clever design and such pretty sparkle and shine and so great to match the insert and envelope. Our DS lives in Sydney so I think I might need this stamp. Have a fabulous weekend and look forward to hearing all about it. x

Stamps and Paper said...

YOur card a lovely Kathy...I am sure you'll have a great time on your retreat weekend and look forward to hearing and seeing your photos

Anne

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card, I can't wait to see the photos too. Just being there on Friday was wonderful so I can imagine the weekend was packed with wine and laughter. Hugs, Amanda x

Joyce Erb said...

Love your unique card. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge

Cara said...

Wonderful Christmas card, love it. Cara x

Tracey T said...

What a great Christmas scene - it reminds me of when my son was little and we used the Track Santa website on Christmas Eve! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey.

Kylie said...

Omg omg, that joke is hilarious!!! I have been on that ferry but not in that situation lol lol. I loved this card IRL. Those stamps are a must have (damn you Kathy...) xx

Kristina said...

LOVE IT!!!! thanks for joining us over at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge Blog