I'd like to welcome my recent new followers: MelH, Pat, Kath and Mimi ... blogger appears to have changed a few things recently and I'm struggling to find the way to follow back to new followers so I can link to their blogs - can anyone help me? If I click on their image then I just get a list of blogs they follow nor, rather than their blog address! Is it me?!?!?! I found two (as you can see) but if new followers MelH or Mimi stop by and would care to leave me a message with their blog address then I will happily include a link to either or both blogs.
The Purple Princess is away from her desk today ..... "Where is she?" I hear you cry, well .... and I'm getting quite excited as I type this .. I'm away at the first (hopefully of many) Annual Happy Little Stampers Retreat, organised by Kylie, who's made the trip all the way from AUSTRALIA! YAY In honour of the event Kylie set the challenge . . . to make "an Australian themed Christmas card" and here's mine ......
|A closer look at the twinkle|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square white card panel x 2 (including insert) + snippet for image panel
- 13.9cm square of navy card + snippet for matting my image panel
- Stampers Anonymous "Sydney" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Zig clean colour brush pen (cool grey), Pro Markers (red, cool aqua, vanilla) used to lightly colour image ... the vanilla was supposed to represent the Sydney Harbour ferries, which you can see under the bridge and which are also mentioned in the F.F. this week!
- Plaid dimensional gloss applied over the image and set aside to dry.
- Once dry, Distress Inks in tumbled glass, salty ocean, stormy sky and chipped sapphire applied over the image panel, blending with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
- Water flicked from fingers and allowed to develop, before blotting with paper towel
- Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using the D.I. in salty ocean, for a little "texture"
- Inkyliscious Santa and sleigh stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to protect the water based inks and, once dry Tsukineko shimmer spray added to "bling it up"
- Once panel was adhered to my card the Inkadinkado sentiment was stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and embellished with gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen
- For the insert I also added the greeting by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle, stamped using the Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 291 - USE A SENTIMENT
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 315 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Mod Squad - July 27th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Sweet Stampin' Christmas - July challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge EXTRA - July challenge - ALWAYS ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
Oh and, just a little heads up ... there will probably be a post on Monday and it MAY be a LITTLE photo heavy as there will be QUITE A FEW people there who are well known in blogland!!!!
And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes to you courtesy of Marsha - thanks Marsha. It's topical (to me) as I shall be away this weekend at a crafting retreat organised by Kylie ... so it has an Australian theme to it!