Sunday, 3 July 2016

Easy like Sunday morning .. sounds like a cue for a song! P'raps not!

Morning all

I love making ATC's, I love neon inks and I love making my own backgrounds so ... what's not to love about the following craft project ... IMHO!

My ATC
And a closer view of the background .. it was only when I uploaded this that
I spotted my "deliberate" error ... can YOU see it too?
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in red, glittered gold and white
  • Stampers Anonymous circles image stamped using Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Creative Expressions letters stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped using Hero Arts neon pink ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Carabelle image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 236 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Alphabet challenge - 24th June challenge - "I" is for INK IT UP!
  3. Southern Girls - 23rd June challenge - Team Trace - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Creations - challenge No 318 - ANYTHING GOES

And over at Simply Less Is More there's a new challenge ...


My card
 

The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • Dark grey card and chocolate brown card (new stash) cut to mat with 1.6mm borders
  • HobbyArt sheep, balloon, string and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black and watering can  and Brilliance rocket red inks
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Plaid dimensional gloss to add shine and dimension to the balloon

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 283 - THE COLOUR OF YOUR KITCHEN
  2. Creative Corner - July 1st challenge - team Jess - CUTE AND CUDDLY
  3. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 158 - FUNNY SENTIMENT
  4. Inkspirational - challenge No. 112 - ANYTHING GOES with a twist of RED!
My kitchen? A neutral shade with grey and grey/brown tiles, accents of red with the appliances

 

I'm really rather late with my Simply Less Is More entry - I normally submit on Saturday morning and am usually in the first half dozen too .. not so this week as I was the Newbury Papercraft Show yesterday. Met up with pal, Debbie, we had a fine old time getting the important stuff done first, comfort break and a cuppa!!! We hastened round once to recce the joint and then a second time, to make our purchases. The show was only taken over by the current organisers within the last year and I think this is only their third show. They're doing sterling work but there were only (I think) ten stands so it didn't take a rocket scientist to work out we weren't going to be there the entire day ... Debbie and I thought we'd take in lunch at the Coach and Horses in Thatcham afterwards so we made it a nice day out and a great opportunity to catch up - thanks for making the journey, Debbie. I should point out that I managed to find a couple of things to buy ... I blame Clare and Lauren for the stamps .. they were talking about Daryl the Quirky Turkey from HobbyArt so I made a beeline for their stamps when I saw them, and fell in love with the sheep!






Have a great Weekend


23 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab projects matey. All definitely worth the wait. Glad to hear you had a lovely time yesterday. Have a happy Sunday. Lx

Debs M said...

that stamp set turned out to be a great buy - love that card and fab atc too. Thanks for a lovely day x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

lilian said...

Great card and ATC mate.

Lovely stash also as you say the sheep will be useful for ATC's

Lilian

Esther said...

Love both these projects, Kathy! Your LIM card is such fun, and the use of dimensional gloss and stickles looks absolutely brilliant! Fab entry :) x

Elaine Stark said...

Love this humourous CAS card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

serendipity said...

love the fun sheep card, lovely ATC too Glad you had a good day out
x

Di said...

Great work Kathy! I do love your ATC, stood on my head to have a better look :) To be honest, if you hand't said I can't see that it would be noticed anyhow. And I do so love the sheep - such fun!

I did wonder about Newbury, as it turned out I doubt if I could have managed due to this wretched back yet again - but I do hope it picks up and doesn't fold - it used to be my fave show as it was friendly with just the right number of exhibitors.

And, you still hopped in first to the Playground - I scheduled it wrongly and didn't realise until 7am this morning.

Have a good week!

Hugs

Di xx

Jan Ltc said...

Great cardx xx Jan

Darnell J Knauss said...

It sounds like you and Debbie had a great time, Kathy! I love your ewe (is that a sardonic expression?!) and I don't blame you for wanting that set! You made a sensational LIM card with him! I enjoyed seeing a peek at your kitchen. I think you have great taste in home design since my colors are b/w, too - only mine is with a pop of blue! Your ATC is fabulous and so is the one you made for me sitting right here on my desk! Thank you for it and for the awesome birthday card, too! Enjoy your week! See you soon! Hugs, Darnell

Linby said...

Fab ATC - no mistakes just creativity! Love your LIM and great that you put your new stash to use right away. I just love Hobbyart stamps.

SARN said...

Fab projects matey. Glad you managed to find something to buy at the show! I had every faith that you would!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharon said...

Super projects again Kathy. Love the glitter and gloss on your LIM entry - which is perfectly CAS. Your background on the ATC is so good too.
Ha! Have been to the Coach and Horses in Thatcham many a time - lovely pub. Hope you enjoyed your lunch.
Thanks for joining us this week.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Laurie Unger said...

That sheep is so fun! Great card and ATC.

Cara said...

Love your makes and great stash! Cara x

Sid said...

Great card and a great colour match to your appliances !

Kim M said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Je@net said...

Two great projects, Kathy!

crafty said...

Love the fact that you have made matching envelopes. Thank you for joining us at Creative Corner this week.
Mary

Gerrina said...

Totally funny LIM card, pardon set!
And that ATC is a gorgous one!
Hope you are having a sunny week!

Chrissie said...

That sheep's face is a picture.... and your tea and coffee paraphernalia looks the business!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah Gray said...

I love that sheep - such a fun image and the gloss adds extra interest to the CAS design! Great to see you at Less is More, Kathy and I am glad you took a break from your Saturday morning entry to have a lovely day out :)

Yvonne Garner said...

Great cards. The one you submitted to Inkspirational is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing!