Friday, 15 July 2016

It's Friday .. and that can mean only one thing, it's time for the Friday Funny

Morning all,

Hope you have all enjoyed a good week, we have but .. what about the weather, eh?!?!?! Hot and sticky one minute, reaching for a sweater the next, chucking it down with rain thrown in as well!! Sort yourself out British SUMMER!

Had a lovely long and leisurely lunch with friends on Wednesday, it was so nice for us all to get together and the grub wasn't bad either!

Summer seems to bring out the weddings and thus anniversaries which all means that I need a few anniversary and/or wedding cards. 2016 has (so far) only seen one wedding but quite a few resulting anniversaries and it won't surprise you to see a card for one of them below! I've been using the Delicata golden glitz ink a lot lately because of its gorgeous rich sheen so I thought it might be time to break out the silver ..... just for a change. I also broke out a sentiment set by Inkandinkado, I was reminded of this set when a pal snagged one (for JUST £2) at Newbury ... she knows who she is, lucky thing!


My card
And a closer view to show the detail
 
The back, front and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 13½cm
  • Two pieces of navy card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Inkadinkado hearts stamped randomly using Delicata silver shimmer ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Shopping our stash - challenge No. 260 - BE INSPIRED BY THE COLOUR OF YOUR BEDDING ..... which is WHITE so, lots of white space, I have accessories in the colours used
  2. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 319 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  3. Pennys challenge - challenge No. 286 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 313 - ADD A SENTIMENT

And after a make using decidedly "cool" colour tones with my first make .... here's a complete opposite with a fab warm yellow/orange/red combination deploying a technique I saw recently. The Simon Says Stamp video will appear below my make. I didn't have the Gansai tambi watercolours used by the artist in the video so tried my trusty mica water colour palette (from US ArtQuest) instead - what do you think?


My card
And a closer view of the stencilled mica 

 
The front, back and inside of my card, along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • A4 card in both white and chocolate brown, the white cut to 13½cm square and part of the strip left over used to stamp the sentiment. The brown cut to 14cm square and the leftover strip used to mat my watercolour panel and also the sentiment
  • Watercolour card deployed along with Distress Inks in fossilised amber, carved pumpkin and festive berries, as per the video below.
  • Stamposaurus random circle stencil used in conjunction with the lightly spritzed gold mica palette (from US ArtQuest) and applied using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad
  • Once dry I spray Crafters Companion spray and shine on the image panel, to protect the water based inks
  • Visible Image sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Stamplorations - July CAS challenge - ORANGE
  2. Crafty Sentiments - July 12th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Take a word challenge - July 10th challenge - HOT COLOURS .. well warm colours anyway!
  4. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 202 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  5. A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES
And the video? Obviously, I made mine quite different as I certainly did NOT want to copy, just take inspiration from ..... check it out.




As an aside ..... and because you regulars out there will know that I swap ATC materials ... got my latest batch on Wednesday, do check back tomorrow to see how they ended up ... it was a bit of a challenge beyond for me as I'm a Clean And Simple girl these days and fairies, flowers and photo corners soooo do NOT match that brief!


Any suggestions?

And now for this week's Friday Funny, bit of an AWWWW moment too, provided by my pal, Mary - it made me chuckle - ENJOY!



Have a great weekend



20 comments:

SARN said...

The silver delicata looks just as good as the gold. Great anniversary card. Love love love that technique on ghe second card. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Friday. Love the FF! xxx

Ozstuff said...

Wonderful, vibrant colours making a beautiful card. I thoroughly enjoyed your journey through the process. It's a great thing to see a piece of art taking shape.

Debs M said...

2 great makes, loving the silver, I really must break that stamp set out! great ff too x

Viv said...

Great cards here again Kathy ;) Viv xx

lilian said...

Great makes Kathy, Love the colours and I just love the F F

Lilian

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great card sets. I love the designs. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck!!!Patricia

serendipity said...

Great cards, and it reminds me, I have that stamp set, too. Must break it out! Love the FF

catherine said...

Great makes Kathy and looking forward to seeing your ATC make!!!yes I had an aww moment too
Catherine

Mimi said...

Kathy, I love reading your blog! Your Congrats card is terrific-- it's fun and celebratory, and you could use it for any occasion... well played! Good job matching it to your bedding :) Thanks for sharing at SOS again!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the look of that delicata ink - so beautiful!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - I love that congrats card - fabulous job. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Aileen Ryan said...

Wonderful cards Kathy, my favourite was the orange and pink, love that combination. Certainly brought a smile to my dial with that picture and its caption.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Ohhh, I just love the bright orange and yellow of the second card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cara said...

Wonderful makes and now I need the silver ink too! The funny did make me giggle. Cara x

Maria A. said...

Hello Kathy: I love how you used our challenge to make this fabulous Congratulations card that really can be sent to anyone celebrating something awesome.
Thank you for joining Shopping Our Stash this week, hope you play again with us soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

lauren bergold said...

what a great card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (bedding inspired) STASH with us this week! ♥

Rema said...

Awesome cards!Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)

Suchi said...

Wonderful display of cards! Second one showcasing orange color is really pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi- DT xx