|From the left: Tony and Pat, Darnell, Kath, Anne and Tony|
|I sooo don't like this pic of me but hey - the photographer did the best he could with|
the materials available! It's a nice one of Darnell!
|My journal page|
|And a closer view of the sheen of the acrylic inks|
|And a closer view just of the journal page|
|The original border and stamping|
- Crawford & Black A5, 130gsm, journal (one whole pound - from The Works!!)
- White gesso applied to page before colouring with Distress Crayons - from the neutrals set
- The original page had a black border drawn using a Pitt Pen and a Visible Image mini flourish stamped using Memento bamboo leaves all around the edge - sadly, this didn't show up much in the photo or IRL once I'd sprayed the acrylic inks. I also removed some of the colour by placing a Memory Box stencil and using a baby wipe through the stencil, to remove the colour
- Daler Rowney Acrylic inks in silver pearl and purple lake added to water in a mini misters and sprayed fairly liberally - these are waterproof once dry so I figured it was also help to seal the D.C.'s!
- Kaisercraft mini grid and numbers along with Carabelle collage image stamped partially using Ranger Archival watering can ink
- Art Impressions "ART" image and Fiskars "LOVE" and "LIFE" sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, which was also used to stamp the Stampotique image on to a snippet of white card, which I then fussy cut out and adhered to my journal page using Tombow glue
- Image lightly coloured using Zig clean colour brush markers in cool grey/violet and neon yellow
- White Pitt Big Brush pen used to draw a dot border around my image
- LovetoCreate - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING (Mixed Media) GOES
- Stamplorations - July challenge - MIXED MEDIA - must use a stencil
- Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - 3rd Quarterly challenge - NEW CRAFT/PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE .. I went with new product with my acrylic inks
- A Inky Mess - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for an ATC ..
- ATC blank
- Snippets of gold card (for matting) white card (for background panel, image and sentiment)
- On the larger snippet I first added a layer of gesso before swiping a wide paintbrush across it using a blend of acrylic inks in purple lake and silver pearl and setting aside to dry.
- Once dry I used a Stamposaurus circles stencil to apply twinkling H2O in gold using a foam makeup sponge and the same technique using purple and the TCW grungey line stencil
- Recollections image and sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival black (sentiment) and Memento Paris Dusk (image)
- Alcohol makers to colour
- Once cut out and adhered to my ATC I drew around the outlines using a fine Faber Castell Pitt pen, to add definition and "grounding" before highlighting with stardust stickles
I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:-
- Moving Along With The Times - challenge - MONSTERS or ALIENS
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 49 - ANYTHING GOES (a just for fun challenge)
- Creative Moments - challenge No. 98 - ANYTHING GOES
- Sisterhood of Crafters - July 13th challenge - ANIMALS - does a "Teddy" Bear count?
- Double D - July 20th challenge - SHADES OF PURPLE
That's it, I'd best get off as I expect Darnell will be chomping at the bit!