Saturday, 23 July 2016

It's Saturday but I'm away from my desk again today ...

Morning all

My apologies  if you've swung by expecting to see some challenge makes but I am indeed away from my desk today. 


Why? I hear you ask .. well, the Darnell Roadshow breezed in to town just yesterday, a brief stop in my home town on her way around the U.K. and, today, I shall be attempting to show her around, traffic, parking and weather permitting! Watch out for some pix tomorrow. Of course, Darnell and I had agreed a meet at a named pub .. but who knew there were two, on the same road, but 15 miles apart? Guess what? I went to one and Darnell was at the other!! Still, it was entirely fixable although I was a smidge late .. my thanks to the peeps at the first one for advising me!


From the left: Tony and Pat, Darnell, Kath, Anne and Tony
It was so nice to meet everyone. Traffic was awful but we made it back to the purple palace and got Darnell checked in although they were expecting her to arrive with a child!?!?!?! Nice meal at a local pub in the evening, both Darnell and I had the fish and chips and Mr K tried the gourmet burger and declared it to be quite delicious


I sooo don't like this pic of me but hey - the photographer did the best he could with
the materials available! It's a nice one of Darnell!
In the meantime, I DO have a project to share with you .. I stumbled (ACCIDENTALLY, you understand) in to Hobbycraft recently and came out with two acrylic inks .... and couldn't wait to use them. I had a journal page that I had started at Craftathon (in April) but not returned to.

My journal page
And a closer view of the sheen of the acrylic inks
And a closer view just of the journal page
The original border and stamping
Materials used:
  • Crawford & Black A5, 130gsm, journal (one whole pound - from The Works!!)
  • White gesso applied to page before colouring with Distress Crayons - from the neutrals set
  • The original page had a black border drawn using a Pitt Pen and a Visible Image mini flourish stamped using Memento bamboo leaves all around the edge - sadly, this didn't show up much in the photo or IRL once I'd sprayed the acrylic inks. I also removed some of the colour by placing a Memory Box stencil and using a baby wipe through the stencil, to remove the colour
  • Daler Rowney Acrylic inks in silver pearl and purple lake added to water in a mini misters and sprayed fairly liberally - these are waterproof once dry so I figured it was also help to seal the D.C.'s!
  • Kaisercraft mini grid and numbers along with Carabelle collage image stamped partially using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Art Impressions "ART" image and Fiskars "LOVE" and "LIFE" sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, which was also used to stamp the Stampotique image on to a snippet of white card, which I then fussy cut out and adhered to my journal page using Tombow glue
  • Image lightly coloured using Zig clean colour brush markers in cool grey/violet and neon yellow
  • White Pitt Big Brush pen used to draw a dot border around my image



Nice to get back to journalling. I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:
  1. LovetoCreate - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING (Mixed Media) GOES
  2. Stamplorations - July challenge - MIXED MEDIA - must use a stencil
  3. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - 3rd Quarterly challenge - NEW CRAFT/PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE .. I went with new product with my acrylic inks
  4. A Inky Mess - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for an ATC ..




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of gold card (for matting) white card (for background panel, image and sentiment)
  • On the larger snippet I first added a layer of gesso before swiping a wide paintbrush across it using a blend of acrylic inks in purple lake and silver pearl and setting aside to dry.
  • Once dry I used a Stamposaurus circles stencil to apply  twinkling H2O in gold using a foam makeup sponge and the same technique using purple and the TCW grungey line stencil
  • Recollections image and sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival black (sentiment) and Memento Paris Dusk (image)
  • Alcohol makers to colour
  • Once cut out and adhered to my ATC I drew around the outlines using a fine Faber Castell Pitt pen, to add definition and "grounding" before highlighting with stardust stickles

I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Moving Along With The Times - challenge - MONSTERS or ALIENS
  2. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 49 - ANYTHING GOES (a just for fun challenge)
  3. Creative Moments - challenge No. 98 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Sisterhood of Crafters - July 13th challenge - ANIMALS - does a "Teddy" Bear count?
  5. Double D - July 20th challenge - SHADES OF PURPLE

That's it, I'd best get off as I expect Darnell will be chomping at the bit!



21 comments:

serendipity said...

Have a great day
super page, and you've reminded me about my UFOs from the Craftathon too

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Have a great day today. Hope the traffic is kind Lx

Kath said...

It was good to meet you yesterday - have a good time with Darnell.
Kath x

lilian said...

have a lovely day both of you.

Great Journal page.

Lilian

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
I do hope you have a great day.
Love your wonderful Monster ATC.
Of course there is a lot of purple in it, and that Monster image is soooooooooooooo! cute.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge with this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely to meet you yesterday Kathy albeit fleeting .... I'm sure you'll have lots of laughs with Darnell what a lovely lady...
I shall but be following your blog

Anne

Darlene said...

OMG how cute Kathy! I hope you & Darnell are having a FABULOUS visit! I'm jealous!! LOL! But it's a long trip from Ohio, USA! LOL Anyways ... awesome makes! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANIMALS’ challenge and the Double D 'Shades of Purple' challenge! Please come back again soon!
Darlene
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

SARN said...

Oops on the pub mix up . . . but all's well that ends well eh?
Looks like everyone had a good time.

Hope the sightseeing went well too.

Love the look of your journal page mate, and you know I love the cute monster!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Sweltering down South!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, you are so sneaky, my friend, posting the photo of my Thursday lunch before I've had a chance! I'd forgotten you took that! I do love that photo of the two of us and that was an awesome pub dinner and conversation last night with you and Mr. K! I'd better put my shoes on, you'll be by any minute to pick me up for tonight's dinner! Hugs, Darnell

Vickie Y said...

Adorable lil monster with teddy! Adorable card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and fabulous stampotique stamp love the monster ATC too----Thank you for joining our 1st challenge at A Inky Mess and hope you will join us again
Carol DT x
Been advised By Mary H to check our Darnells blog x

Melissa L. said...

Great journal page, Kathy. I'm sure you're enjoying your time with Darnell! Looking forward to meeting you both soon. :) Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge for July. x Melissa

Toni said...

Both makes are fab! Have fun!

Kathy Krug said...

What a cute purple monster. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. Hope to see more of your creations.
Kathy
DD DT

Wendy L said...

A cute ATC, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Super journal page!
Thank you for sharing with Create and Inspire!
Susan
DT for Create and Inspire!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Terry said...

Absolutely georgous make hun, thank you for sharing it with the DT from We Love To Create, we would love to see you again Hugs Terry xxx http://welove2create.blogspot.nl/

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is a fabulous ATC, I love the cute little purple monster. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Monika Skinner said...

Hello Purple Princess! Love the baby wipe technique, bet it's working better than water for bleaching with stencils. Fab art page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Good Luck! :-)
p.s. Hope you've recovered from the retreat weekend with Kylie and Darnell ...

Lynne said...

Adorable card with sweet image!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments and good luck! Hope to see you next challenge!
Hugs,
Lynne, Creative Moments DT

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I'm adoring the background you created Kathy. That is a nice image and pretty colors you used on your art journal. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations July Mixed Media Challenge and come join us again this month. Surely you are so motivated to keep on creating after spending time with Darnell. You guys look so happy, tfs for sharing your news and photos. Have a good day!
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}