Wednesday, 6 July 2016

It's Wednesday and that can only mean WOYWW!

Morning all

What a day yesterday was? We were expecting the carpet fitter yesterday in order that we could draw a line under the marathon that started as a bit of a refresh in our spare room .. frankly, we had no idea when we started that so much would be involved. Turned from a refresh in to a total refurbishment but, we are finally at an end.

STILL stuck on the ATC making trail, I made these and I can't quite make up my mind which one I prefer .. again, they're the same but different! - I used the same components and simply different colours ... 

Mark I ATC
Mark II ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blanks
  • Snippets of 300gsm card in gunmetal grey and rich chocolate (Newbury stash!) and 200gsm white card ... for the image panel
  • Inkadinkado row of bears stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink. I also stamped on to a post it which I cut out to use as a mask later
  • Alcohol markers to colour images including background
  • Paper Artsy splatter image along with Kaisercraft "crackle" and "mini grid" images 
  • Inks used: Delicata golden glitz, Memento rosebud, angel pink, sweet plum, bamboo leaves and Brilliance olive
  • Stardust stickles to highlight



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Cheeky Challenge - challenge No. 25 - COMEDY or HUMOUR
  2. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 301 - EXOTIC ANIMALS .. go on, tell me dancing bears aren't exotic animals!!!
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 119 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 319 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since it IS WOYWW (week #370) I shall be entering my humble workspace ...... I'm entry #13






21 comments:

lilian said...

Great ATC's Kathy.

desk looking as though you are not up to much.

Lilian

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW matey. Cute ATCs u have there. Hope marathon refurb is at an end & normality can return xxx

June Macfarlane said...

How fun and fabulous these really made me smile. Great ATC'S
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Dezinaworld this week.
Hugs June x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Wednesday. Love the bears. Made me think of the Hare Bear Bunch for some reason (!?). Lx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's amazing how one small job leads to a huge list of things to do! We call it tea-bag syndrome in our house. You know when you make a cuppa and go to put the teabag in the bin but it's full, so you empty it and change the bag, then take that to the big bin outside except THAT'S full too, so you have to change that.. Etc etc. And half an hour goes by and then the tea's gone cold. Teabag Syndrome!
I bet you're enjoying your new space though!
Hugs, LLJ xxx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, loe the ATC's. It's funny how one small bit of decorating can turn into a major overhaul. Happens every time, I think. Glad you're done, it must look great now. I see you have some sets of IKEA drawers- aren't they great? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

serendipity said...

Love both the ATCs, my fave is the green one, because a) I like green, like you like purple! and b) I like that they've got the same colour ties. Love your storage units too. Those shallow drawers look terrific, just wish I could think of somewhere to put some!
x

LisaDV said...

Great ATC's and workdesk! Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #28

Anne L said...

Hello Kathy. Your ATC are super cute love the dancing bears. Oh memento ink is seeming to be my favorite ink lately love the colours I see. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier and have a fantastic Wednesday Hugs~ Anne L#3

Sharon Koole said...

ATCs look great. I think I like the one with the yellow background though both are lovely. Glad the spare room is finally finished - sounds like quite a job!

Have a great week
Sharon K #27

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, Loving the ATCs.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #9

Neet said...

Not sure which I like the best either, both are lovely - but the workspace looks great.
Thanks for visiting me earlier - have a good week.
Hugs, Neet 2 xxx

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, I'm loving your ATCs. I think I like the 2nd one, the bears seem to stand out more. Lovely work space too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 16

Deann said...

Adorable...great job.

April Story said...

What cute little bears. Love all of your Ikea drawers. Do you need a step stool to see what is in the top drawer?
April #32

Sofie Vandersmissen said...

I love the atc's you made! I love the purple one better. That's my favorite color.

Greetings, Sofie #45
http://sofie-s-world.blogspot.be

Diane Futrell said...

Cute cards and great space. Like you said your cards are the same stamp, but with just the little changes they look so much different!
Have a great day!
Diane #24

Twiglet said...

Great ATCs and if you don't mind me saying... your drawers are magnificent!! x Jo

Helen said...

Two great ATCs - love those bears.

Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Helen x

Michele said...

i love your dancing bears! xo

Cara said...

Love the ATCs they are so fun. Cara x