Sunday, 24 July 2016

Lazy Sunday and some ATC's .....

Morning all

If you saw my recent post regarding the leftover strips from cutting layers for square cards ... in it I warned that this was the start of a swap and ... here are the rest of the "same but differemt" ATC's for my swap ... I used ATC blanks and the strips left over from Navy, Red and White sheets of A4 card

Here are all three together, they're separated below
And here are the three of them along with a list of the materials used ....

Portrait view
At a jaunty angle ..
And landscape, all squared up!
Materials used:
  • Creative Expressions letter background, stamped using Memento angel pink ink
  • Kaisercraft grid image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Stampabilities sentiment stamped using Ranger archival cobalt blue ink
  • Stampers Anonymous star image stamped using Adirondack watermelon ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Delicata silver ink
  • Crafters Companion spray and shine applied over all three ATC's, to seal and protect the water based inks


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 33 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 38 - ANYTHING GOES

And then I decided to crack on and make little holders for them .... again, the same but each slightly different ... I used both sides of the double sided Costco papers too.



Materials used:
  • One piece of 300gsm Costco double sided paper cut in to pieces measuring 13 x 10cm and folded at 6 and 12 cm and in the other direction at 10cm
  • Small circular punch to make a thumb hole, for the easy removal of my ATC
  • Stamps used: Ditzies Designs, Paper Artsy and Hero Arts
  • Inks used: Ranger Archival jet black, cobalt blue, watering can and Memento rhubarb stalk



And now, since I've had a busy weekend with the lovely Darnell, I've some pix to share, now that I've waved her off on the next leg of her whistle stop tour of the UK. Thanks, Darnell, for making my place one of your stops - we had a blast and I'm looking forward to the retreat next weekend. P.S. so's my husband, he's looking forward to a very peaceful weekend!


St Peter and St Paul Cathedral, under scaffolding!
This recently featured in an episode of the Hairy Builders
Cabot Tower
We thought this made us look like we were waiting to board the
S.S. Great Britain!
Darnell's pre lunch treat
I had to steal this pic from Darnell as I FORGOT to take any pix I can publish .. YET! Since I took this one I clean forgot it wasn't on my own camera ... till I got home!


Liz, Darnell and Ruth
copyright, Darnell Knauss
There will be more tomorrow but this is probably enough for one post!

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely work Kathy and looks like you and Darnell had a great time together...

Anne

Debs M said...

great atc's and fab pix x

Pat said...

It was great to meet you Kathy albeit briefly and glad you all had a good time whilst she was with you. Lovely to see your pics and I know what you mean about not having pics you can show YET! x

Pat said...

Sorry Kathy, I meant to say I love your ATC's especially the lovely bright stars and the red, navy and white look great together and the holders with the wonderful sentiment. x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC set and love the holders too-looks like you had a great weekend all of you--Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Cara said...

Some wonderful makes and it looked like you had a fabulous time being tourists. Cara x

SARN said...

Fab looking ATCs with nice posh holders too. Thanks for the measurements! Will have to take a note of those!

Loving the look of your happy photo's with Darnell.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barbara Bruder said...

Love the same but different cards. Great ideas. Looks like you ladies had a fun trip.Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifully made creation and lovely colours...thanks for joining in our challenge.xx[aNNie Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT]

Di said...

Great ATCs and wonderful photos Kathy!

Sorry I'm a bit late running round commenting.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

Fantastic ATCs Kathy ... and I LOVE the holders you made for them. Looks like you had a great time with Darnell. You both are so much fun and I bet there were lots of laughs. xx