Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Morning and welcome to WOYWW ..

Morning all,

Is it warm enough for you? Honestly? I've been tempted to chuck out the contents of the fridge and sleep in there!! I don't really "DO" heat, certainly not this kind of heat .. is it me? Or is it really hotter than Hades?! Thankfully, the forecasters reckon it should start to cool off towards the weekend - HUZZAH!

I will be meeting up with Darnell as part of the "Darnell Roadshow", she's on a whistle stop tour of the U.K. en route to the Happy Little Stampers forum craft retreat, which starts July 29th. I'm thrilled she's made time in her schedule to stop off and visit with me as part of her trip and looking forward to meeting her on Friday. I'll also be meeting Liz and Ruth on Saturday when Darnell and I join them for dinner, we asked my hubby if he fancied joining four crafters and he ran screaming .. to his shed! Guess that's a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO then!

Anyhoo, on to a little craft project .... I went to mail a "new home" card yesterday only to discover I was down to my last, so -

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 13½cm square + snippet for image panel
  • Black card cut to 14cm square + snippet for matting
  • Fawn self adhesive textured card, for matting with a 1.6mm border
  • Hero Arts skyline image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Lindsay Mason sentiment stamped using R anger Archival jet black ink
  • Zig clean colour brush marker used to highlight just one window ... "home"!




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Inkspirational - challenge No. 113 - PHOTO INSPIRATION .. I went with a monochromatic skyline and layers, like the cake!!!
  2. Through the craft room door - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Sentiments - July 19th challenge - ANYTHING GOES



And now, since it IS WOYWW #372. We're back at our regular host blog as Julia's recuperation is coming along so that's great, our thanks to Jan for being such an excellent hostess recently. I'll be entering my humble desk - and I'm entry #14





Enjoy summer whilst it's here, we'll soon be bemoaning that it's GONE!


32 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card. Love that. Have a good one. Lx

lilian said...

Love the card.

Happy WOYWDW

lilian B #20

Sue - said...

Great card Kathy! I don't DO hot either but a nice breeze has appeared here this morning, thank goodness. Have a good time with Darnell, we had a great day yesterday in Southampton!

Neet said...

Enjoy your meet with Darnell and please give her my love. I have had to duck out of it and now that my mouth is so sore and I can only take liquids for 5 days I wouldn't have been much company anyhow.
Love your card and thanks for the instructions. have a great time with Darnell and a good week.
Hugs, Neet xx 2

SARN said...

Fab new home card. Very trendy.

Hope you have a lovely time with Darnell and co.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. Thanks for already visiting. I love that card - it is such fun - just the one window lit up. Great work. Have a terrific time with Darnell - I obviously missed that she was going to be over here - I would have loved to meet her. Give her our love!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Chidkid said...

Great new home card..pleased you managed to replenish your supply. Elaine no. 15

beatriz blazquez arrabal said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

BJ said...

Agree - far too hot, it's close windows and curtains during the hottest parts of the day for me, sure does help. Open them all again during the cooler times. Thanks for visiting me BJ#10

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, lovely card. Great stamp set for that purpose. I love it. I must not go and Google it and buy it! lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3

Diana Taylor said...

I love the card, and the stamp is just great - I have a thing for little houses! I hope you have a lovely time meeting up with your crafty friends, and many thanks for stopping by my desk earlier,
Diana #22

Twiglet said...

Fab card and lovely crafty space! x Jo

Lisca Meijer said...

What a great card! Such a versatile stamp! Love it!
I hope you have a wonderful time with Darnell. I read her blog sometimes.
Have a great week,
Lisca

Angela Radford said...

Love the card, gorgeous. I hope you all have great time with Darnell naturally we expect to see photos. I don't do hot it's not my thing which is probably why I enjoy the ski trips so much though you can get hot doing that but it's not the same. Nice workspace. Have a great woyww, Angela x 19

Sharon Koole said...

Love the card. Have a wonderful time with Darnell.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #37

serendipity said...

Super card, love the stamp.
x

Helen said...

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing all about the meetings with Darnell. Wish I could have got to Salisbury today.. No, I don't like the heat either, it's too much and 3 days is too long!! Looking forward to a cooler time soon; very soon. Helen #4

Debs M said...

great make, hope you have a fab meet up x

Lea.H said...

lovely little cards, think its fab when you run out and you can just whip up one of your own :) Lea #50

Liz said...

Super card, Kathy. I love how you've highlighted just one window.

Looking forward to meeting you and Darnell on Saturday. 😀 xx

dmgarafalo said...

great card, have a blessed day, donna #41

Nikki C said...

Have a lovely time on the Darnell tour and I know if my DH was invited to sit with crafters he would run too lol
Hugs Nikki 1

Jane Willis said...

Have a lovely time with Darnell - I was at Tuesday's stop on the tour and it was an absolute blast, with wall-to-wall laughter. Remember to ask her about the knickers!
Love your card - that single lit window is a wonderful finishing touch
Jane

cheryl said...

oh I aodre those houses,they are so effective,love how you highlighted the window,have a wonderful time with Darnell hugs Cherylxxxxx

Cara said...

Great card, summer can bog off as far as I'm concerned, waaaaaay too hot for me! Cara x

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and hope you have a fabulous time with your crafting pals
X catherine

AliWade said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Loving that card. I am totally in love with your paper/card storage behind your desk. Always wanted some of those drawers. Ali x #30

Marina said...

Perfect for new hone (esp for a city dweller) and for our challenge and very striking in black and white. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm late. Of course. Also jealous that you're seeing Darnell today, our time together on Wednesday was too short! Have a lovely lovely day. Am impressed that you keep genres of card in stock, that's extremely efficient!

Vicky Fisher said...

I love your new home card, Happy WOYWW from Vicky #34

cecilia gunnarsson said...

So great and wonderful card!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci,
TTCRD DT
Cicci vid pennan {Welcome to visit My blog }
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

cm said...

Your city scene card is wonderful; delightfully welcoming, especially with the 'selectively' coloured window! Fabulous! Thank you so much for joining the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol