Saturday, 16 July 2016

Saturday morning and the Purple Princess is away again this week ......

Morning all,

I know you usually expect a post a little later on a Saturday and containing at least one challenge make from me ..... well, I'm at a workshop today, hosted by Barbara Daines and won't be home till after 16:00 so ... I MAY get a 2nd post done or it may have to wait until tomorrow!

Either way, I DO have something to share with you today ... if you read my post yesterday then you will know that I received my latest batch of ATC swap materials and this month I found them particularly challenging, being a CAS girl myself and not overly fanciful or floral it came as a shock to realise that my materials were definitely both fanciful (with a fairy) and floral - YIKES! What to do with them .......

My ATC
Materials used (additional to those provided .... which are also shown below):-
  • ATC blank
  • Black card cut to ATC size and edged using a border from Stampabilities and Delicata golden glitz ink
  • I coloured my image panel using Derwent Inktense pencils and a fine brush before mounting on to a snippet of gold glitter card.
  • I stamped a sentiment from Stamplorations on to another white snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink and, once dry, brushed over it with blue watercolour, to remove the starkness of the white before adhering to my image panel using a Xyron sticker maker
  • I used only two of the photo corners, figuring four would lose too much detail
  • Dimensional foam tape secured the image panel to the ATC 
  • Stardust stickles used to add twinkle

My own ADDITIONAL MATERIALS
My original received materials? Well, in case you have forgotten or missed yesterday's post ... they looked like this, just two items ....


I hope my pal likes what I have done with her materials ....... I really DID find them a challenge this time round.

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. 4 Crafty Chicks - challenge No. 307 - FLOWERS
  2. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 159 - FOR A GIRL + A SENTIMENT
  3. Southern Girls - July 7th challenge - FLORAL FRENZY
  4. Crafting with friends - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES

What am I sending to her?

Outgoing materials

My make - it's a bit twee .. for me!
Have a great weekend


7 comments:

SARN said...

You came up trumps again mate, I don't know how you do it! Xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

both cards are lovely and cute .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Elaine Stark said...

A delightful ATC, lovely colours. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

catherine said...

Well done on perseverance Kathy with the ATC as I knew you were finding it a challenge!it has turned out well.hope you had a good workshop today
Catherine

Cara said...

It might have been a struggle, but it turned out great. Cara x

Leanne said...

Nicely done,thanks very much for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Leanne DT/4CC

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fantastic card! Utterly perfect for our Floral Frenzy challenge at Southern Girls!! Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining in our 'Floral Frenzy' challenge. So lovely to see your entry pop up there. Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT