You know what it's like ... you have an idea for a card (a square card) using card in three colours; white for your image panel and two matting layers .. you cut the squares for your panel and what are you left with? An A4 length strip of card, in three colours ... so, rather than consign it to my snippets pile I decided to do something about it and make a batch of ATC's, the same but different!
I started off with a strip each of: white, red and black. I cut the red strip in to 8½ x 5½cm (ATC size) pieces, the black in to 8 x 5cm pieces and the white in to 7½ x 4½cm pieces and then .....
|You can see I adhered my pre cut panels at a more jaunty angle for this one|
- Hero Arts neon cubes in orange, green and pink used DTP method to give a grungey (yet neon) background.
- Stamplorations sentiment and Old Town Crafts floral image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the petals of the flower
- Kraftin Kimmie - July 20th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING GOES
- Take a Word - July 17th challenge - FLORAL
- Crafting with attitude - challenge No. 17 - ANYTHING GOES
|Panels adhered in a good old squared up kind of way for this one|
- Versacolour cubes: raspberry, pea green and cement grey applied DTP method to give a grungey background
- TCW stencil (grungey lines) and a piece of cut and dry foam inked with Ranger Archival black to give just a hint of a line for the grounding of my skateboarding image
- Stamplorations sentiment and Creative Expressions image both stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Versacolour Raspberry applied around the outer edge of the coloured panel
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 49 - ANYTHING GOES (a just for fun challenge)
- Crafty Sentiments - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
And finally ...
|I made this one landscape rather than portrait but back to the jaunty angle for the layers|
- Distress Inks in festive berries and picked raspberry "swiped" across the card from opposite ends
- Using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and the festive berries I applied through a TCW numbers stencil
- Kaisercraft image and Stamplorations sentiment both stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- The TCW grungey lines stencil was used to add some random lines using the Ranger Archival jet black ink again ... in the spirit of using some of the same materials in each!
- Stardust stickles to highlight the foliage
- Word Art Wednesday - challenge No. 240/241 - ANYTHING GOES but must be family friendly
- Through The Craft Room Door - July 19th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Once dry I sprayed all three with Crafters Companion spray and shine to both seal and protect the water based inks. I think you'll agree that they turned out quite differently despite starting from the same point! I also joined an ATC swap where six people joined up .. these were three that I made ... stay tuned for the others in a post in the near future! I'm pleased to report that the above ATC's used up ALL of the leftovers from all three strips of card - YAY!
I have an exciting weekend planned as, this very day, I shall be meeting the lovely DARNELL!! Woo Hoo! We've been blog buddy's for some time and she's in the U.K. for a whistle stop tour of a few of her own blog buddys, culminating in a crafting retreat in Wiltshire. I'm looking forward to both this weekend and the crafting retreat - as I'm going too!!! Hubby gets the whole weekend of peace, tranquillity and .... CHOICE as well as - control of the remote! Anyhoo, there will be sightseeing and meeting up with other crafters for dinner and "schtuff" .. so, if you can't find me, that's where I'll be!, there may be photos on Sunday or Monday!
And now for the Friday Funny, this week we can all blame .... facebook!