Friday, 22 July 2016

Some humour to start your weekend ......

Morning all,

You know what it's like ... you have an idea for a card (a square card) using card in three colours; white for your image panel and two matting layers .. you cut the squares for your panel and what are you left with? An A4 length strip of card, in three colours ... so, rather than consign it to my snippets pile I decided to do something about it and make a batch of ATC's, the same but different!



I started off with a strip each of: white, red and black. I cut the red strip in to 8½ x 5½cm (ATC size) pieces, the black in to 8 x 5cm pieces and the white in to 7½ x 4½cm pieces and then .....


You can see I adhered my pre cut panels at a more jaunty angle for this one
Materials used:
  • Hero Arts neon cubes in orange, green and pink used DTP method to give a grungey (yet neon) background.
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Old Town Crafts floral image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the petals of the flower
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Kraftin Kimmie - July 20th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Take a Word - July 17th challenge - FLORAL
  4. Crafting with attitude - challenge No. 17 - ANYTHING GOES


Panels adhered in a good old squared up kind of way for this one
Materials used:
  • Versacolour cubes: raspberry, pea green and cement grey applied DTP method to give a grungey background
  • TCW stencil (grungey lines) and a piece of cut and dry foam inked with Ranger Archival black to give just a hint of a line for the grounding of my skateboarding image
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Creative Expressions image both stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Versacolour Raspberry applied around the outer edge of the coloured panel
I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:
  1. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 49 - ANYTHING GOES (a just for fun challenge)
  2. Crafty Sentiments - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES

And finally ...
I made this one landscape rather than portrait but back to the jaunty angle for the layers
Materials used:
  • Distress Inks in festive berries and picked raspberry "swiped" across the card from opposite ends
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and the festive berries I applied through a TCW numbers stencil
  • Kaisercraft image and Stamplorations sentiment both stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • The TCW grungey lines stencil was used to add some random lines using the Ranger Archival jet black ink again ... in the spirit of using some of the same materials in each!
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the foliage
I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Word Art Wednesday - challenge No. 240/241 - ANYTHING GOES but must be family friendly
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - July 19th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Once dry I sprayed all three with Crafters Companion spray and shine to both seal and protect the water based inks. I think you'll agree that they turned out quite differently despite starting from the same point! I also joined an ATC swap where six people joined up .. these were three that I made ... stay tuned for the others in a post in the near future! I'm pleased to report that the above ATC's used up ALL of the leftovers from all three strips of card - YAY!

I have an exciting weekend planned as, this very day, I shall be meeting the lovely DARNELL!! Woo Hoo! We've been blog buddy's for some time and she's in the U.K. for a whistle stop tour of a few of her own blog buddys, culminating in a crafting retreat in Wiltshire. I'm looking forward to both this weekend and the crafting retreat - as I'm going too!!! Hubby gets the whole weekend of peace, tranquillity and .... CHOICE as well as - control of the remote! Anyhoo, there will be sightseeing and meeting up with other crafters for dinner and "schtuff" .. so, if you can't find me, that's where I'll be!, there may be photos on Sunday or Monday!

And now for the Friday Funny, this week we can all blame .... facebook!


Have a great weekend



10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab atc's. Enjoy your meet with Darnell. Not many sleeps to the retreat now. Have a good weekend. Lx

SARN said...

Well done on using up your snippets to make such fab ATCs. Love all three but maybe the final one just makes it into top place for me, tough one to call though!

I hope you have a fun time with Darnell et al today.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ozstuff said...

Love your stylish ATC's.

Sue - said...

Great ATCs Kathy and how sensible to make them instead of adding to the snippets pile. You'll have a great time I'm sure with Darnell and at the retreat.Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Debs M said...

great makes, have a great time with Darnell, see you next weekend! x

Jeanie Ellis said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

LesleyG said...

Wow, fab works of art! Have a wonderful weekend, I am well jell, but look forward to the pics! Xxx

Cara said...

Wonderful ATCs, love how different they all are. I'm abandoning hubby next weekend, I know he'll fed the bunnies, but that's the only job I think will get done! Cara x

Rein said...

Pretty ATC's!

genie said...

Three wonderful pieces. Each one can stand alone on its own laurels. You really did a creative job taking your idea and translating it into three really nice ATC's. genie