Monday, 25 July 2016

Starting another week, with RUDOLPH DAY!

Morning all,

I've had a tremendous weekend playing host and tourist guide to Darnell as she stopped off in my hometown as part of her whistle stop tour of the U.K., it explains why I've been a bit MIA this weekend on the visiting blog fronts and I apologise. I had intended to share some more photos of our weekend today but, since it's Rudolph Day AND my turn to present a challenge I thought it might not be my best idea so, stand by for a photo heavy post on Wednesday instead!!!

I'd also like to welcome my new followers, good to have you onboard, hope you will stop by again sometime soon.

It's Rudolph Day today - so, how are you getting along with YOUR 2016 Christmas card quota?

It's my turn to present a Rudolph Day challenge over on Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) and I was a bit short of inspiration for this one ... However, I was rummaging through my ribbon drawers (yes, I have lots of ribbons I seldom use) and thought .. why not? and my card evolved. Originally I thought my challenge could be "to use ribbon" .. as I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in having amassed a collection of bits and bobs! I didn't go with that though as we had a recent challenge which was to "use fabric and/or texture" and I thought it would be a little too close. What IS my challenge? It's "PEOPLE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS" - interpret this how you wish fellow challenge entrants! I should say that, in order to enter this challenge, you have to be a member of the Craftbubble 2½ forum. Anyhoo, here's my person celebrating .....

My card
And as closer view, to show the twinkle of the wink of Stella and the glass bead glitter gel
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of navy card cut to 14cm square + snippet cut to 6.9 x 12.9cm
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square + snippet cut to 6½ x 12½cm
  • A snippet of red grosgrain ribbon to add a touch of texture and colour
  • Penny Black image (Mademoiselle Noel 4109K) and My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image including Pro Marker cool aqua to colour the background of the image panel
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento Bahama Blue ink
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied roughly to the bottom of the image panel using a metal spatula, to simulate snow
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight sentiment and falling "snow"
  • Zig Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to highlight the dress and boots


I shall be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Scraps of Life - JULY Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Crafting by design - July 20th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  3. Stamping Royalty - challenge No. SR339 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. Just for Fun Rubber Stamps - July challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  5. Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 34 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

And another make from me ..


My card
The inside and the envelope
And a side view of the tactile AND textural frantage
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square + snippet cut to 7 x 9½cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 14cm square + snippet cut to 7.4 x 9.7cm
  • Snippet of orange linen effect card cut to 7.6 x 9.9cm
  • Papermania sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampendous "frantage" in shabby pink, with acrylic inclusions heat melted in to the centre of the "O" to give dimension and texture
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento tangelo ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 286 and 287 - USE SOMETHING TACTILE ... why is it TWO WEEKS? Well, that's because a few of the DT and some of the regular contributors will all be at the same crafting retreat next weekend! 
  2. CASonSunday - challenge No. 88 - THANK YOU

Have a great week


33 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely girly Christmas card Kathy.

Anne

lilian said...

Great makes Kathy, Love the Christmas image. I really have to try to get a card done for this RD challenge

Lilian





scrappymo! said...

Your card is lovely. That Penny Black image is so pretty and you have coloured it so beautifully!A great card, Kathy.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue - said...

Two super cards Kathy! I really thought the "thank you" was a die cut backed with newsprint. What a great stamp.

serendipity said...

Good idea for the challenge Kathy, and love your card, Frantage card super too

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the sassy girl Christmas card and the bling on her dress.

Sue xx

Linby said...

Love your Rudolph card and it would be perfect for our anything goes challenge at Penny Black & More too!
Great LIM card and those sparkly frantage - not got my thinking cap on yet for mine.
L x

Chrissie said...

Great Thank you card Kathy... I'm really looking forward to meeting you soon!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what brilliant designs for the Rudolf Challenge.
I love all the matching envelopes also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love Jenny L. GD

SARN said...

Cor . . . loving the cool and trendy Rudolph Day card. Good luck with your Craftbubble Challenge.

VERY trendy thank you card too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

stamping sue said...

Fun Christmas card. thank you for joining JFF Christmas in July challenge.
stamping sue, JFFDT
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

Love both of these cards, Kathy......I adore PB 'people' stamps, they are so trendy, haven't got this one though ;-)

Heidi Stamps said...

What a cool and confident lady in your fun Christmas card! TFS!

Jane Willis said...

That's a great idea for a challenge, and a super card. Love the spatter background, it really sets the image off
Jane

Liz said...

Great cards, Kathy. I love how you use the stamp to decorate the envelope and extra parts of the card. xx

MaryH said...

I can just bet you had such fun squiring Our Darnell around to the sites, and just the meet up. She's such a delightful person. Loved your cards. The PBlacks are always such fun, and your presentation of this one is so pretty. The bold sentiment card looks so impressive with the design of the dp used to create the letters, and the print is very effective with the spattering as well! I agree with Liz, that adding the finishing touches to the envelope always makes a big, big impact to your work! TFS & Hugs

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love your sassy Santa Kathy and the matching envelopes look great too. Sandra X

Kathleen said...

Fabulous Christmas card, the splatters make a great background.

Kath x
PS You did a great job with Darnell.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab projects Mrs. Lx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wow, so many beautiful cards! Beautiful Christmas cards, I like most about the second holiday card. So beautifully composed. Lack of color makes the whole attention is focused on the form of this beautiful card.
hugs,
BozenA

Pat said...

This is a fabulous PB image Kathy and I love the way you have coloured the image and used that piece of red ribbon behind it, and the background is such a pretty blue and enhanced with the spatters. I love the way you have used the stamp on the inside of the card and also the envelope too. I am supposed to be commenting on just the even numbered entries with my DT hat on, but good luck with the RD Challenge. x

Kath said...

A lovely Christmas card - beautiful PB stamp and colouring.
Kath x

Esther said...

Absolutely fantastic cards Kathy! The Christmas one is super stylish, and I love the way you've added texture to your Less is More entry which looks really crisp but tactile... perfect! Thanks so much for sharing :)

KandA said...

Fabulous christmas card and a super stamp. Glad to hear you had so much fun with Darnell. She's certainky having a holiday to remember xx

Susangail Powell said...

I love the sparkle you added to the dress. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

E. Marie said...

Super cute card and love how you added the sparkle. Thank you for sharing with the Just For Fun July Monthly Challenge.

Cara said...

Two stunning cards as usual. Cara x

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge!
Monica - CCC DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

GASP! LOVE that Christmas card!
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

Deb Bradley said...

Gorgeous card,she's so elegant love it Debbs xxx

Sarah Gray said...

These are both fabulous! It sounds like you have been really busy so I am very impressed that you are finding time to create too. Great to see you at Less is More :)

Sharon said...

Super makes Kathy. The Christmas one is such fun, but I adore the classy thank you card. The frantage is a fab way to make it tactile. Hope your busy time is over now and that you are settling back to the normal routine. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Anja Curvers said...

Wow both are awesome but I love that big bold Thank you. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.