Sunday, 31 July 2016

The Purple Princess is away from her desk again

Hi everyone,

I'm still in Swindon at the Happy Little Stampers first (of many, hopefully) Annual Retreat. I'm pretty sure I shall be having a ball. This weekend has been organised by Kylie and she has come all the way from Australia along with her mum and a couple of pals, to host this weekend. She set us some challenges and, if you stopped by yesterday then you will have seen the Christmas card I made for the "Australian themed" challenge. There was also an ATC swap with eight people signed up so I made seven ATC's, figuring I didn't need to make one for myself! Part of me is wishing I had though!

My ATC
My snippets
Cut and ready to roll
My ATC holders all decorated and ready to stick
Materials used:
  • Seven ATC blanks
  • Snippets of card (multiplied by seven) in grey and white and also Costco patterned paper, for the ATC holders
  • On the grey matting layer I stamped the Visible Image mini flourish using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • On the smaller white snippet I coloured using Distress Ink weathered wood, very lightly
  • Carabelle tyre track stamped using Memento grey flannel ink
  • Carabelle motorcycle image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Visible Image mini flourish (border side) stamped around the outer edge of the image panel using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Tim Holtz chevron stencil used with Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel
  • Carabelle sentiment stamped on separate snippets of paper using Memento grey flannel ink, cut out and mounted using dimensional foam pads
FOR THE ATC HOLDER
  • Visible Image mini flourish and Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Dylusions alphabet stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Hampton Arts sentiment and Stamplorations stain image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 240 - SNIPPETS challenge

And another make from me ... a thank you card for the Australian crafter who organised this weekend's crafting retreat - I think you will see the Anglo Australian connection!!!


My card
The inside of my card and back of the envelope
The front of my envelope and the front and back of my card

Materials used:
  • White 5" x 7", 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card and grey pearl card, for matting
  • Having matted the white and grey card I die cut a circle from the two layers and also die a piece of copier paper which I then used as a mask
  • Stampers Anonymous London and Sydney stamped in opposing directions using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Ultramarine brusho used to colour, in conjunction with cool grey zig clean colour b rush marker
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and frame stamped on to a snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black and Paris dusk inks
  • Stardust stickles to embellish

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-





9 comments:

SARN said...

Gorgeous ATCs and fab Anglo/Aussie sketch-following card. You are on form Missus xxx

Barb said...

A great ATC Kathy. Seven is a big swap. The card looks lovely and I love the idea. Both clever and funny. I'm sure you're having a wonderful time. Barbxx

Pat said...

Wonderful creations Kathy. The ATC's are little intricate works of art with a lovely mixture of transport themed stamps, and the pretty flourish in the background and some great sparkle too. I love the Australian themed card too in those super blue tones and perfect for the challenge. x

Liz said...

Great ATC design, love your Anglo Austrailian card too, very clever!

Hope you're enjoying the retreat, wish I was there with you all. Are whitebait on the menu? I've heard they make a great snack. 😉 xx

Di said...

LOVE your snippets ATC Kathy! And the card is so, so clever!! I love it too!!

Hugs

Di xx

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! The two skylines look fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cara said...

Fabulous, totally jealous though! Love the skyline card. Cara X

scrappymo! said...

Hope you are having a fabulous time. Your ATC's look great and your card is so lovely. I am sure she will love it tooo

Kylie said...

Once again all your makes were fabulous to see IRL. I love my ATC and adore your card. It was sooo clever!