Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Welcome to another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,

Thank heavens the last two days have been cooler than of late ..... I've used them to try and catch up on all the sleep lost in the heat!!! You wait, when it's cold and wet and miserable we shall all be missing the "nice" weather! You just wait and see if we're not!

As another week slips by, I have the last photos of the Darnell Roadshow to share with you, it's a little photo heavy so do grab a beverage, pull up a chair and let's crack on ... I've included links for most photos - to give further information if you are interested

Darnell at the Clifton Suspension Bridge

The Clifton Rocks Railway - living in hope it will soon be restored and back in use
The Cabot Tower
St Georges venue, just along from Cabot Tower
Bristol Harbourside
Darnell at the S.S. Great Britain


The "great man himself" - Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Well I KNOW the harbour isn't good for surfing so ..... ????
The Harbourside Ferry
I guess we all know which movie inspired this boat's paint job!!!
The Mathew .. a replica of a 15th century ship, one which took John Cabot
(see Tower earlier) to Newfoundland in 1497
Chipping Sodbury 1/2 - The Police Station and Tourist Information
Chipping Sodbury 2/2

As if a mahoosively sociable weekend wasn't enough, I found myself in Swindon with my two oldest friends ... they'll always be my friends ... they KNOW TOO MUCH! We had such a laugh - you've only to look at our faces ....


Andrea and Naomi 
YUMMMMMM - my choice of ice creams?
Eton mess and honeycomb - DELISH
And now, since it's WOYWW and challenge No. 373, here's my desk - I'm entry #7 this week, being up with the lark,not entirely sure why but hey .....




I'm sorry there's been no crafting to share with you but, as you can plainly see, I've had no time!

Have a great week


27 comments:

Peg Robinson said...

Awesome photos. I know you must have had fun by all the smiles. Crafting will come later. Peg R #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great photos of Darnell and seeing the sights! We had such a great time with her too. I love the pics of you and your mates - I know where you were. I don't live too far away from that shopping centre :-D
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

Michelle Schratz said...

No crafty, but lovely pics this Wednesday. I want some ice cream too, looks like fun ♥
Hugs,
MiSchra ♥

Stamps and Paper said...

More great pictures Kathy...haven't been to Bristol for ages we used to live in Portishead but don't think I would recognise parts Of it now...I'm sure Darnell enjoyed all the history of Bristol....your ice cream looks delicious...

Anne x

lilian said...

Great pictures there Kathy and a lot of lovely memories for me,

Lilian

sue jones said...

The best king=d of "far too busy" though. Great photos and those ice creams look yummy! have a great week . soojay 13

Anne said...

Super photos. Also ghot to meet Darnell. such a lovely lady. Anne x #16

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW day Missus.

Thanks for the trip around Bristol - lovely. I VERY MUCH enjoyed the Thornton's ice cream too! * Drool *

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue - said...

Lovely selection of photos Kathy!

Tilly Tea Dance said...

Brill photos, what a lot of amazing boats! I love those drawers you have in your crafting room - very envious. Thanks for sharing. Happy crafting, Max #19 :-)

lisa said...

Fantastic photos and look at that ice cream, yum!!!!! No wonder you haven't had any crafty time. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Hugs Lisax #22

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab pics and desk. Take care Zo xx 27

lisa said...

Hi Kathy
The Henna lasts about 2 weeks. It's almost worn off now.
Hugs Lisax #22

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, we've all had such fun in the last week meeting Darnell haven't we. Love all your photos. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #24 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I recognize all these places of interest as I live nearby! Look like you ladies had a lovely time together! Hmm, ice cream! Love how neatly your boxes are stacked up under your desk. A great space saving solution. I chuck things into boxes too - the problem is I can never find them afterwards, LOL! Have a happy week! zsuzsa #28

dmgarafalo said...

thank you for sharing those pic's - wish I was there with you & your friends, such a lovely time. hugs, donna #40

Helen said...

what a great time you had with Darnell! love the look of that ice cream.. yum indeed. no wonder no time for crafting! Helen #1

Pat said...

Lovely photos Kathy. We do come to Bristol occasionally but I think the last time we came was when they had the Gromits all over the place, but haven't done the SS Great Britain so must do that soon. Glad you had a great time with your friends in Swindon and enjoy the retreat. x

Angela Radford said...

Great photos and a lovely tidy desk. Sometimes it's good to get away and have a good day out with friends so you come back refreshed and ready to craft. Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine and happy woyww, Angela x 14

LisaDV said...

Great photos. Looks like a fab time. Blessings, LisaDV #35

Darnell J Knauss said...

You did a great photo diary of our sight-seeing day together, Kathy! It was wonderful seeing all these places and spending time with you and Steve! Your Monday outing looks like the fun continued!! Thanks again for everything! See you in two sleeps!! Hugs, Darnell

BJ said...

What a fun meetup you all had and super photos too. So thankful for my WOYWW friends right now. Thanks for visiting and putting a spark into my day, love BJ #34

StampedbyChris said...

The tall ships are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

catherine said...

Great photos Kathy and sounds like you have had a great time.
catherine

Neet said...

Thanks for all those photos, I sure enjoyed them and now want to visit your area. Love the Jaws Boat.
Play catch up crafting now and store your memories.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh your pics are fab, Darnell must have had the best time. And I'm loving the desk shot..although a tad concerned that you have nowhere to put your knees. Or do you stand to craft?

Cara said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time. Cara x