Hope your weekend's coming along a treat, we've had friends here for the weekend but more about that later .... this post IS a little photo heavy - sorry - hope you've got a minute or two to spare.
Got some new stash at a recent shopping trip and hubby also bought me some Sharpie marker pens so there seemed to be a card waiting to happen ..... interestingly enough I wanted to make a DL card as a gift card holder and that's what this project started out as. You know what it's like though, you open a drawer and see an image and want to use it even though it's not suitable for the gift card - and so, a birthday card happened. FYI ... I STILL have the gift card to make, maybe tomorrow!
|And its envelope|
|And now the inside|
- White linen effect, 300gsm, DL card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of white card for the insert and image panel
- Snippets of black card - for matting
- Lavinia image stamped using Memento tuxedo black (London fog for the insert)
- Sharpie markers used to colour
- Glossy Accents used on the flower "buds"
- Anita's sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
And now for my LIM entry, was out all day yesterday .. see below, and didn't get around to it until this morning ..
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of black card cut to 14cm square
- Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
- Snippets of card in black, grey pearl and white
- Length of grosgrain ribbon
- Dimensional foam tape
- Plaid dimensional gloss (for the glass and I also dotted around the white space as "bubbles" from the VERY exotic cocktail!
- Images by: Sparkle 'n Sprinkle (frog in two sizes), Inkahootz (two part sentiment)
- Ink: Ranger Archival jet black
- Colouring: Pro Marker alcohol markers + the neon yellow green zig clean colour brush marker
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 290 - SOMETHING EXOTIC!
- The Pencil Case - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES - but MUST use hand colouring
- Moving along with the time - challenge No. 27 - Clean And Simple
- Little Miss Muffet - challenge No. 144 - ANYTHING GOES
- The Paper Players - challenge No. 309 - CAS CHALLENGE - SOMETHING SWEET
As I said at the top of this post, we've had company this weekend. Wynneth and Tom came to visit, Mr Tom wanted to accompany my husband to the Bristol Model and Engineering Exhibition and Wynneth and I managed to find a Mixed Media workshop to attend along with two other long standing craft friends, Cherry and Debbie!
|Fran Westmorelands example for the class|
|Almost ready to roll|
|Part way through - looks total pants|
|Debbie and Cherry .... posers!!!!|
|And here's one taken by Debbie, it's of Wynneth and me!|
|The four of us managed to produce these "not quite finished" works of art|
in six hours, oh, and a little craft shopping too!!
Thanks for stopping by and ..... Enjoy the rest of your weekend