Friday, 19 August 2016

It's Friday and time for a smile!

Morning all,

Firstly, I'd like to welcome new follower, June McFarlane - thanks for deciding to follow my blog .... hope you will continue to find it of interest to you.

Well, I've another busy couple of days ahead as we've friends visiting this weekend and I'll be taking said pal to a workshop at Crafty Ideas tomorrow, leaving the boys at home, solo, not sure this is our best idea but hey ..... It'll be fun as it's a mixed media workshop and, as if that wasn't likely to be fun enough, we'll be meeting up with two other pals too!! Woo Hoo!

I was rummaging through my drawers (oo-er missus) recently and realised it had been a while since I used this funky set of images from Viva Las Vegas which had been given to me by a good friend ... we'd had a telephone conversation one day which involved us both being on the same web site and ooh-ing and ahh-ing over various VLV images ... my friend has a good memory and she got them for me as a gift! Thanks mate! Hubby had also bought me some sharpies and I thought I should give them a whirl too, so .... here are both in action along with a piece of kit I seldom use either, Ranger dabbers.


My ATC
And a close up which, I hope, better shows the sentiment on top of the pearl paint

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of 300gsm navy card with white gel pen border doodled
  • Snippet of white 200gsm card
  • Viva Las Vegas image stamped twice using Ranger Archival jet black ink, once on to snippet of card and once on to a sheet of full coverage post it, which I then cut out to use as a mask.
  • Sharpie markers used to colour image, post it placed in position before using the neon pink sharpie to colour background too.
  • With post it mask still in place I used a Ranger dabber (white pearl) and a piece of cut and dry foam (since the dabber part was dried up although the paint was fine) to apply the pearlised paint through a TCW stencil
  • Once the paint was dry I inked up the Visible Image mini flourish using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink and stamped a border around the outside and, using the same ink, the Viva Las Vegas sentiment
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 207 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  2. Crafting By Design - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Southern Girls - challenge No. 141 - ANYTHING GOES

Recently I spotted a blog post by Kim Dellow ..... sparked my imagination a bit and I felt I had to try it ... however, I SHOULD point out that I had to use brusho's rather than the Paper Artsy Infusions since I don't own any infusions!


My card
The front and back of my card along with the back of my envelope
The inside of my card and the front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm,card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square (one piece was watercolour card)
  • Two pieces of black card cut to 14¼cm square
  • As per Kim's technique I stamped the Marion Emberson image using Versamark ink before sprinkling black brusho over the top.
  • Using a short bristled paintbrush I smooshed the powder over the inks image and shook off the excess (or so I thought!)
  • Using a mini mister (I tried another "less fine" mister first ... didn't work at all well!!!) I sprayed the image and watched the magic develope!
  • Once dry I sprayed with acrylic ink/water sprayed from a mini mister ... this DID activate the brusho's a little more but, once dry, provides a waterproof layer over the top as well as a fab pearly sheen
  • Marion Emberson image and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink .. the image was to co-ordinate the insert/reverse and envelope

 


And the post? Well you can see it here OR you can watch the video below ... of course, you CAN do both, if you prefer - either way ... ENJOY!




I tried a less solid image and different colours first but my inexperience meant it didn't make the cut in to a card - want to see?




Was at a birthday party last evening, started off sunny, hot and sticky when we arrived .. birthday boy still managed to wear himself out playing football and bouncing on the trampoline though - it's tough being 4! Great cake, Zac!


 

Nights are drawing in and I caught this shot on the way home, only three hours later!




Still a bit light on Friday Funny's so here's another, found on facebook, which tickled my funny bone!



Have a great weekend ..... don't forget, if YOU have a Friday Funny you would like to submit then please leave me a separate comment about it, with your e-mail address which (of course) I shan't publish. If I use your funny you will be entered in to a prize draw which is made following the last Friday in the year.


5 comments:

SARN said...

Cor . Thanks for sharing the Kim Dellow vid . . . Gonna try that out kater for sure! Love the results u got.

Have fun at yr workshop.

Chuckled at the Friday Funny!
Looks like everyone enjoyed the birthday parrty.

Xxx

Pat said...

Great results Kathy and thanks for showing us the technique video, and I also love your VLV lion image and the lovely bright colours you have used ont the ATC. Have a wonderful time at the workshop and a good catch up with your friends too. x

lilian said...

Love the ATC and a great card,

Lilian

Isobel said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck x

Wendy Bellino said...

What a great color combo on your ATC! I love everything about it!