Sunday, 28 August 2016

Lazy Sunday morning and a snippet make

Morning all

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, we've had nothing planned for this weekend .. for a change, it's been lovely!

It's Snippet Sunday today and I've a make to share with you ...

My card
The front and back of my card and the back of the envelope
The inside of my card and the front of the envelope
Materials used:

  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9cm square
  • Two snippets of card (left over from yesterday's make) cut ot mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Lavinia image (NBUS) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Sharpie markers used to colour
  • CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Plaid dimensional gloss to highlight the circles





I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 244 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Inkspirational challenge - challenge No. 116 - USE PRIMARY COLOURS (black and white also allowed)
  3. DJKardKreations - challenge No. 7 - NBUS (Never Before Used Stash)
  4. Sweet Stampin' - 27th August challenge - NO DESIGNER PAPER
 

23 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous card. Love those dimensional circles. Lx

SARN said...

Oh how cool is this? Love how you've used those Lavinia circles. I feel I should get mine out to play! Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow another fantastic card, I loved the first card for Less is More but this one is even more stunning. Fantastic stamp and the glossy accents had me thinking this was a shaker card. Love it, now I want this stamp too, I have so much but never enough lol.

Barb said...

I love your card Kathy. It looks very dramatic with the glossy domes. Barbxx

Debs M said...

they look great, fabby card x

Pat said...

I love these wonderful Lavinia stamp circles Kathy, and a beautiful glossy finish you have given them too. x

Seth said...

These are very cool. I absolutely love the effect you achieved on those circles stamps.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Yum, Kathy, your card is CAS-DE-licious! I want to pop those shiny hard-candy circles in my mouth. There's strawberry (maybe cherry?), lemon, and raspberry! You come up with the coolest card designs!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hope you enjoyed your lazy Sunday! Hugs, Darnell

Kathleen said...

Love this Kathy.

Kath x

Karren said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love it!

June Macfarlane said...

What an incredible card Kathy. Wow i love it and i must say i really love how the circles 'pop. I have never heard of the dimensional gloss so will have to google it lol.

Hugs June x

Di said...

Fabulous card Kathy - I love the circles and how you coloured them - the gloss finish is brilliant. That's what also caught my eye when I picked your card for last week's picks!

Hugs

Di xx

Chris said...

Fabulous colours and design, love those colourful glossy circles! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Diane said...

What a fabulous design Kathy.

Hugs Diane

Catchy Sketch said...

Love this design! I initially thought it was a shaker card... looks so great! Thanks for this inspiration!

Kate said...

so so cool. I thought there were coloured bubbles floating in a liquid suspension.

lilian said...

Lovely card mate.liluan

Sammy said...

such a fun, funky card, and love the matching envelope! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you so much for sharing your creative birthday card in the Sweet Stampin’ No Designer Paper Challenge!

Linby said...

oh wow you made such a beautiful effect with the gloss and these stamps. well done on the NBUS part too.

cm said...

WOW! Totally crushing all over these fabulous glossy circles; a very cool stamp showcased wonderfully! The matching envelope: charming added touch! So thrilled you shared your primary colours gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Pia Larsen said...

Wauw, the dimensional gloss on the circles looks awesome!
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our "Primary Colours" challenge. Hope to see you join us again soon :)
Pia xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Popping back to congratulate you on the well-deserved recognition at Ink!! Hugs, Darnell