Saturday, 6 August 2016

Saturday and another challenge post from me

Hi everyone,

It's Saturday once more and ... I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED!!! Last weekend I was away at a craft retreat and the weekend before I playing tourist with the lovely Darnell who was visiting from California - this weekend? Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch!

Well I say that but ... Monday's a big day, Tuesday I shall be meeting craft buddy's and lunching/shopping with them and then, on Thursday, I'll be at the theatre so - maybe I do need the weekend off!


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
Card insert and back of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 14cm and a strip retained for the sentiment
  • Two pieces of Bahama blue card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border and a strip to mat sentiment
  • Snippets of white card used to die cut the feathers
  • ART-C feather and Happy Little Stampers sentiment stamped using Memento Bahama Blue ink
  • Blue glitter self adhesive gemstones added to bling up my card




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Freshly Made Sketches - challenge No. 248 - SKETCH ... see below
  2. Crafting by Designs - August 3rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 28 - MONOCHROME
  4. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 203 - THINGS WITH WINGS - it's a little lateral but I hope it will be acceptable
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 114 - ANYTHING GOES

And then, onwards and downwards .... using a colour combination that I would seldom think to use but - I HOPE it works


My card
The inside of my card

The back of my envelope and the front and back of my card
Materials used:-

  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square panel of bright blue card
  • 13½cm square panels of white card for the image panel and insert
  • Kitchen Sink Stamps layering stamps used with Distress Ink in tumbled glass, Memento Bahama blue and Hero Arts neon blue inks
  • Paper Artsy splatter image and Stamplorations "Birthday" stamped using Memento rich cocoa, the Stamplorations "Happy" stamped using Versafine Imperial blue ink





I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 288 - COLOUR CHALLENGE - blue/brown
  2. Crafting with friends - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 16 - USE THREE OF SOMETHING (3 layers to my KSS)
  4. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 34 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Colour Throwdown - challenge No. 404 - COLOURS - see below

Nipped out yesterday afternoon and came these chaps enjoying the sunshine!



They were as happy as the proverbial pig in SH*T!
Enjoy your weekend, whatever you are up to too ..


20 comments:

Maaike Uijthoven said...

great set of cardds, love the pig! qwell done

lilian said...

Love both cards and as you said your first card is very different from the one I made for the sketch,

lilian

SARN said...

Cool feather card and cool splats card. Yep, sounds like you should enjoy a rest for the next 2 days. Especially as the heat is set to soar again.

Enjoy all you fun next week.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pollard Carole said...

Lovely CAS designs so classy thanks for joining Crafting by Designs Challenge Love and hugs Carole x Design team

Marina said...

Beautiful, elegant cards, Kathy - enjoy doing nothing today!

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards Kathy! love the colours xx Jan

Pat said...

Two delightful cards, and I love your feathers Kathy with the nice large blue sentiment and background layer and then the blue splat with that touch of gold and a great idea to have the gold spatters in the background too. Enjoy your week. x

NanaConnie said...

Lovely white on white with the feathers, Kathy, and great use of that sketch. It's really wonderful to see you playing along at QKR Stampede. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Esther said...

So glad you enjoyed the retreat! It sounds like so much fun. I love your cards, as always. The feathers one is so fresh and stylish, and you've created a superb combination of brown and blue for our LIM challenge. Very clean and contemporary. Great job!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving all the blues! Your feather card is so elegant! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great cards and I LOVE the little piggies at the end. Lx

Cara said...

Two stunning cards, love the crispness of them. Cara x

Zoe Sanderson said...

Blue and Brown are a surprisingly good combination aren't they, love your cards. XOXO

Sarah Gray said...

Fab cards, Kathy! It definitely sounds as if you needed the weekend off :) Thanks, as always, for taking the time to play along with us at Less is More!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love those feathers and the blue and white together! I love how you've decorated the envelope as well! What a cute little pig! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy Rohl said...

Great cards and designs! Thank you for playing along with this week's Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

Such cool cards! Love that you decorated the envelopes too!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy. super elegant feather one and as for your second Less is More card, oh boy! does that brown and blue work...you betcha! Your card is so on trend with all the spatters - great to see it on the outside of the mats too. So sorry I am so late visiting this week but it has been a nightmare for me as regards time.Thank you so much for joining us.
Sharon xx

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful cards! I love the clean look of the feather cards especially with the matching envelope. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Cazro said...

Beautiful elegeant white feather card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you again. Caz DT.