Saturday, 20 August 2016

The Purple Princess is away from her desk .... AGAIN!

Morning peeps,

If you've swung by my bloggy this morning expecting to see my LIM entry (since it's my usual "Go To" challenge of a Saturday but ...... I have guests this weekend and we're heading to Crafty Ideas for a Mixed Media Workshop. I'm quite excited as we've no materials to take so it will ALL be new to me .... not only that but my friend and I will be meeting up with two others which will make it way more fun too. Wish Crafty Ideas luck - they have NO IDEA what they've let themselves in for!!!

In the meantime, I've a Christmas card to share with you ....


My card
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
The front of my envelope and the front and back of my card
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of red card cut to 9cm square
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 8½cm square
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image and Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black and Memento tuxedo black inks
  • Sharpie and alcohol markers to colour
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen and stardust stickles, to highlight





I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) July/August challenge - PEOPLE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS
  2. ABC Christmas challenge - August 17th challenge - "Q" IS FOR QUICK LAYOUT
  3. CRAFT challenge - challenge No. 377 - CHRISTMAS
  4. Jingle Belles - August 12th challenge - RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER .. the colour not the critter - main colour on card should be RED
  5. Merry Monday - Christmas link up ... whilst on a challenge break over summer there's an ongoing opportunity to link up your Christmas makes and win at the end of the break
Since I'm at a workshop where not everyone will know me, I've made myself a name badge ... yes, I DID make one for the Happy Little Stampers Retreat .. but I added glass bead glitter gel which looked terrific but made the badge rather hard to read!! DOH! Behold - Plan B), which I certainly hope is easier to read!





Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card snippet cut to ATC size
  • White card snippet to which I applied white gesso before brayering Fresco paint in pansy and Ranger Dabber in pearl, to give a background
  • Once that was dry I used a Dylusions circles stencil and a Tim Holtz mini blending too to apply fresco paint in squid ink
  • Once that was dry I used a Stamposaurus mini circles stencil and the same mini blending tool to apply Daler Rowney acrylic ink in purple lake and silver pearl
  • Dylusions alphabet set and Kaisercraft 35mm film border image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

At this point I decided to step away .. though my first instinct was to bling it up again with either stickles or glass bead glitter gel - some people NEVER learn, do they?

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos and, hopefully, my LIM make .... have a great Saturday


14 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab card and super name badge

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love the Mrs Claus image, she is gorgeous and I love that you have decorated the envelope too, very special :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,its fab love the image,love hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This CAS design card is perfect for our challenge at ABC Christmas this time, thank you for joining in the fun. I love that you have used that stamp and sentiment on your envelope too.
Lorraine DT

Pat said...

I love that jazzy lady with tbe gorgeous glittery white fur on her outfit and what a fab idea to make yourself a name bade for the workshop. Have a great time! x

Debs M said...

great makes and thanks for a fun day x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hope you all had a fun day. Fab Crimble card too. Lx

Leanne said...

Just found your blog. Beautiful card! Love how you decorate the envelopes too.

Leanne said...

Oh no! I'm your follower. I meant to say just found your blog on another blog. :)

SARN said...

Terrific festive make and I LOVE the Purple Princess's new fangled name badge.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty challenge. Marlene DT

SmilynStef said...

What a fun sassy holiday card ... so glad you rocked the RED with us at jingle belles.

Furrbster said...

Great card - as usual :)

Hugz Tinz

lauren bergold said...

what a fun and fab holiday card! thanks for helping us rock the red at JINGLE BELLES! :)