Sunday, 14 August 2016

Welcome to another lazy Sunday!

Morning all,

Busy week this week what with an anniversary, a day out with crafty pals which involved both lunch AND retail therapy of the craft variety, an afternoon out with another pal and the theatre on Thursday and guests for dinner on Friday - think I need a relaxing weekend!!!

Update on the balloons, well they certainly went up last night but, sadly, the wind must have been in the wrong direction as we didn't get to see any of them!!! I know they went up though because some friends were in the centre of the city and posted pix on facebook!

Well, my goodness, it was only on Tuesday that I said, to friends, "I never use my punches any more"!!! Must've been lurking in the back of my mind because, when I saw the materials I received from my trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye, I got out ... yep, A PUNCH!!! Who'd a thunk it! I stared at these materials again for a while as the sentiment was quite big and the checkered paper not quite big enough to cover an ATC, anyway, that's why it's called "A CHALLENGE" and here's how the materials evolved in to an ATC - hope you approve though I should love to hear what you would have done with them ....... ?



Additional Materials used:
  • Kraft ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in linen effect black and white
  • Hero Arts flowers stamped using Ranger Archival library green
  • Alcohol markers used to colour images amd change the white card to blue too!
  • EK Success scallop border punch used to punch the border using the checkered paper provided
  • After cutting around the sentiment provided I ran the pieces (along with the punched border) through my Zyron sticker maker, to apply adhesive and placed over my ATC
  • Using a Faber Castell Pitt "S" thickness pen I doodled borders around the sentiment and along the punched border then added highlights using Stardust stickles



Making this ATC also encouraged me to use some stash (stamps) that had, frankly, just been languishing in a drawer. I'm hoping that she will really like what I've done.

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 242 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. The Pencil case - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  3. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  4. Morgans ArtWorld - challenge No. 16 - ADD THREE OF SOMETHING ... in this case, flowers
  5. Just add ink - challenge No. 324 - PHOTO INSPIRATION see below
JAI #324...Inspiration!

In case you can't picture the materials .. here they are again ...


Anyhoo, I also had some new Lavinia images and wanted to get at least one inky so ... decided to make a new ATC holder for my swap buddy and I and also some matching mail art .. I used a piece of 12" x 12" paper, a Dylusions alphabet stamp set, an unknown wooden alphabet set, three zig clean colour brush markers (neon green/orange and violet) and a snippet of red card .... oh, and a small circle PUNCH - ANOTHER punch!!!!




18 comments:

lilian said...

Its like we say Kathy never say never lol

Nice ATC and Atc holder,

Lilian

Shona Chambers said...

Fabulous design and love that sentiment so much. Really like those flower images too, so very glad you shared this with us at Just Add Ink this week!!

Viv said...

Another super card Kathy, sorry I am late commenting this week too ;) Viv xx

SARN said...

Good job on the IoS ATC mate.

Loving the look of the Lavinia's too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

You did well with the challenge materials and the Lavinia stamps are very pretty and you have made two great ATC's Kathy. x

Liz said...

Great ATC, Kathy. Love what you done with the Lavinia stamp too. xx

Christine Blain said...

Cute ATC, Kathy. I love the sentiment, and the lovely bright flowers Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Di said...

Brilliant work Kathy - in between so much else going on as well. LOVE those flowers (as well as the ones Darnell sent to a few of us lucky girls - the house smells divine!).

Great to see you in the Playground, I had a day off yesterday so am catching up now with commenting :)

Hugs

Carla Brooke said...

A very sweet card, thanks for sharing at Morgan's Artworld!

inkeverywhere said...

I like how you have boarder the card and your sentiment wording - it's very effective. Chantell JAI

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely sentiment Kathy and great interpretation of the JUst Add Ink inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Cara said...

Wonderful designs and loving the decorated envelope too. Cara x

Barb said...

I don't know what I would have done with them but you've done a great job. Barbxx

Tina said...

Aww, those flowers are so sweet, and I love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

scrappymo! said...

These are great ATC's!
I had to smile at the first one as that is one of the first stamp sets I bought!

Lou Sims said...

Great ATCs and many thanks for joining in with the "Week 26 Anything Goes" challenge over at The Pencil Case challenges . Lou (DT)

Anjie said...

Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge

Nikky Hall said...

Lovely make Kathy! Thanks for joining us at http://thepencilcases.blogspot.co.uk/