Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Welcome to mid week - it's WOYWW

Morning all,

Trying to get myself back in to my usual routine after what can best be described as a weekend of creative overload at the inaugural Happy Little Stampers craft retreat! It was fun and I'm hoping it will be the first of many ....... watch this space! This post's rather photo heavy so do pull up a chair and (hopefully) ENJOY!

Recently, it was my privilege to set a challenge for the Craftbubble2½ (membership required) RUDOLPH DAY and I came up with "People celebrating Christmas" and, as I LOVE Raymond Briggs' The Snowman .... it had to be another of the set of stamps from that story ...

My card
 
 The front, back and inside of the card and the front and back of the envelope
And a closer view of the "wobbler" mechanism!
And a closer view of the sparkle!
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of Navy card cut to 14cm square
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square + snippet for image
  • Snippet of mid blue card for matting
  • Crafters Companion "snowman and boy" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and snowflake border using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink. Alcohol markers used to colour
  • Image fussy cut out and matted on mid blue card which was then cut out again before attaching to the card front using a "wobbler" mechanism ... making my snowman "fly"!!!
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • For the inside I used the "Merry Christmas" from My Favourite Things and stamped in both Cobalt blue and jet black inks
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the snowflake border

 Action Wobble Springs (Pack of 100)

The materials used ... and the wobble mechanism

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - Rudolph Day challenge - PEOPLE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - August 2nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Holly Jolly Christmas - challenge No. 77 - SHOW US SOME SPARKLE
  4. Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 34 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 292 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
Some more pix of the weekend's Happy Little Stampers crafting retreat in Swindon, hopefully, the first of many retreats ......


Let crafting commence!
One of my brusho experiments made in to a card
More brushos, this time with Colourcraft water based wax, and a journal page too
Darnell and Chrissie, discussing the merits of this card - it was lovely btw
Carol demonstrating some masking techniques to us all
Carol showed us how she made this card
A quick whip round to show our appreciation to Kylie ..
I think she was a bit overwhelmed at this point
We made HOW MANY cards?
Here we are again, hard at work ... as you can plainly see!
When I got home I took a photo of my makes at the retreat .. not so very many but it just proves I must have been having waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun!




Here's the shopping I did at Snazzy's on the way to the retreat .... Darnell, Chrissie and Melissa enjoyed using the stencils and I plan to get round to using them soon too ... in the meantime, thanks to Val for providing tea, coffee, biscuits and RETAIL THERAPY to start the weekend off right. Only sorry that Sarah's plans to join us there didn't happen. Hope all OK with that Sarah


A relatively modest haul compared to some .. Lilian and Anita!!!!
And finally .. a group shot of the HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS, kindly taken by Kylie's mum
L-R: Sue, Darnell, Debbie, Anne, ME, Julie, Chrissie, Carol, Kylie, Val, Lilian, Monika, Melissa, Marina, Anita, Sarah and Di. I've added blog links to all those I could find, so you can check out their awesome collective talent!
My thanks to Kylie and Maree for organising this terrific weekend and for making the journey all the way from Australia to be with us for this weekend. I had a blast and can't wait for the next one. My thanks also to the generous sponsors: Colourcraft, Sizzix, Hobbycraft, WOW! We  had Big Shot's and a range of dies on loan too, which saved us all having to bring heavy die cutting equipment. Kylie got T-Shirts, aprons, bags and pens printed up with the Happy Little Stampers Retreat details on too, all of which served to make the weekend that little bit more special - thanks again!


The fab goodie bag and contents
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .. here's a sneaky peek at my desk ..





I'll be entering this for the WOYWW challenge - week #374, and I'm entry #11


26 comments:

Neet said...

What a super post. Lovely to see the Swindon Retreat I had heard about - only saw Darnell and Carole who I recognised from Knutsford. Love the stash you brought back and the cards and things.
Your Snowman card is awesome!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like you all had a brilliant time and thanks so much for sharing your fab photo's.

Lx

BJ said...

Love what you did at the retreat, especially the live life out loud card. Thanks for visiting and glad you liked my purple fairy page. BJ#9

SARN said...

Brilliant post with lots to see and take in. So glad you had a thoroughly good time and I love the projects you came away with.

Hmmm, those stencils will have to go on my wish list, along with the Dinkys from That's Crafty! I think I have a stencil fetish since I started Art Journaling!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so glad that you had fun at the retreat! It was only up the road from me :-). Good to see that Darnell had a wonderful time too, what a lovely gal she is! You did make some lovely colourful creations :-)
Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

lilian said...

Great card Mate, I love the snowman also and that stamp set are just lovely,

Great weekend as well at the retreat,

Lilian

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, what a fab post! Lovely to see all the pics of the retreat, and what a great selection of projects you made. Love them all. Also the Snowman card- awesome. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. What a wonderful time you had at your retreat. A great post. It seems that as well as loads of chatter and laughter, you all achieved some lovely makes. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #17

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super post - lots going on. I think you've had a great week. Thanks for sharing. Take care Zo xx 25

Pat said...

I love your Snowman image with the lovely blue glittery corners which frame it so prettily, and fabulous pictures of the retreat. Glad you had a such a great time! x

Debbie said...

Cute snowman! I love the snowflakes around the corners!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely cheery post Kathy - very jealous of the retreat, stamping as a retreat doesn't happen too often. And when Darnell said it was in Swindon - well, I about gate crashed!!

Felicia Aaron said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at your retreat! I love that sweet "Believe" card!!! And your digs from the retreat are yummy as well! Have a wonderful Wednesday! :) Felicia #34

StampinCarol said...

Looks like you and all had a fabulous time! Great cards! Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a great rest of the week!
Carol N #29

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, it looks like you had a fantastic time at the retreat, and made some fabulous things too - great looking stash too, I bet you have loads of fun playing with all that!
Thanks so much for stopping by earlier, I hope you have a lovely week,
Diana #19

Lea.H said...

Your desk looks very intriguing! And the photos of the retreat look like you had a great time. Lea #43

Anne said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Would have loved to be part of that. Great cards. Anne x #20

dmgarafalo said...

What a fun retreat (thanks for sharing) - I want to attend one again soon!Love your snowman card - the word believe is one of my all time favorite words! Have a wonderful Wednesday, donna #41

cotnob said...

A super snowman card and matching envelope, a great idea to put your image on a 'wobbler'.
It looks like you had a fabulous time at the retreat, some wonderful makes.
Pauline
x

LisaDV said...

Wow! Your retreat looked like it was a blast. Such wonderful cards and projects created. I'm wishing for a retreat of my own now. Have a terrific week. LisaDV #23

sandra de said...

Ohh Kathy it looks like you had a fabulous time at the retreat and I am still having a chuckle over the "wobbler" mechanism. Looks great by the way.
sandra de @28

Cara said...

Looks like you had an amazing time and brought your creativity home with you! Cara x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 292 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Mimi said...

How fun!!!

Marit said...

It sure sounds (and looks!) like fun and creative times! I love the brusho-experiment card! Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier this week & a hug from the Netherlands! Marit #26

Cara Malmrose said...

Great Christmas card. Love the image. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
(Hugs) Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}