Saturday, 27 August 2016

Welcome to Saturday and a challenge post ...

Morning 

I hear the weather is set to change for this Bank Holiday weekend - well, colour me surprised ... NOT!!! We live close to several very congested motorways so we seldom plan to go anywhere this weekend, we're practically gridlocked from mid morning Friday to mid afternoon Monday! More time to craft, if you ask me!

Speaking of which, on to my first make .... it turned out to be almost "CUTE" been a while since I've done cute - thanks to the ladies from LIM, sometimes good to ring the changes!

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 200gsm white card cut to 9cm square
  • Two pieces of 200gsm bright blue card, cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Magenta peel off placed and then coloured using peerless water colour paints
  • Hampton Art sentiment stamped using Bahama blue ink
  • JOFY circles stamped using dandelion ink
  • For the envelope and rear of the card I used a Personal Impressions leave stamp as I didn't have that many peel offs 




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 291 - RECIPE WEEK ... to use a sticker, sticky label or peel off ... oo-er missus! This was nearly VERY tricky as I disposed of all bar one of my peel offs when decorating in 2015!!!!
  2. Inkspirational - challenge No. 116 - PRIMARY COLOURS (with black.white/cream allowable too)
  3. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  4. Moving Along With The Times - challenge No. 27 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

And now, a bit of fun here .... I just the thought of this grumpy gorilla with a Santa hat! - made for gorilla loving pals in mind


My card
The inside and back of the envelope
The front and back of my card and front of the envelope
Materials used:
  • White A6/A2, 300gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 13 x 9½cm
  • Two pieces of red card, cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped my All Night Media Santa hat using Adirondack watermelon ink
  • Plaid dimensional gloss and glamour dust used to decorate the hat before setting it aside to dry!
  • Dimension's gorilla image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Background coloured using Pro Markers - blue pearl and pastel blue
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped off once before printing using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the larger "snowflakes!
  • Sentiment printed from computer run through my Xyron sticker maker and then matted

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 335 - ANYTHING GOES with the OPTIONAL twist of HATS!
  2. 4CraftyChicks - challenge No. 313 - GO SENTIMENTAL
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 114 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 296 - USE A SENTIMENT

Have a great weekend everyone


21 comments:

SARN said...

Cool CAS card and fun Gorilla card for your mates.

I'm off to the the garden . . . it's a GORGEOUS morning down here and set to be hot . . . so I've done all my chores already!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Esther said...

I love your LIM entry, so fun and colourful! Great use of a peel off (lucky you still had one!) and the peerless watercolours give such a great finish... I have stash envy :D Your gorilla card made me giggle... love the humour, and that fabulous stickles-enhanced background! Thanks so much for playing at Less is More :)

Pat said...

The leaf sticker works well for the LIM challenge Kathy and love uour fun gorilla too. Enjoy a crafty weekend. x

Aunty Sue said...

What a fun card and thanks for sharing with us at crafty catz this week

Debs M said...

well done on still having some peel offs knocking around! Great makes x

serendipity said...

Great LIM card, Kathy. Maybe if everyone had been as inventive with peel-offs as you (and the other Limettes) then peel-offs wouldn't be the reviled objects they are today.
Love the gorilla card, definitely made me chuckle.

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Kathy. I especially love the gorilla one, really made me smile! xx

Cara said...

Two fab cards, love them both. I know the feeling about BH gridlock, don't think we'll be venturing far this weekend. Hugs, Cara x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb take on the sticker challenge Kathy and love how you've used the peel-off with such fun and vibrant tones. The gorilla is adorable too although somewhat scary but what a fantastic image. thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

Tamie said...

Awe I simply love this Christmas sentiment. What a wonderful image too. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty chicks sentiment challenge.

Tamie DT

Susan said...

What a terrific card you created for the Less is More Challenge. Beautiful colors and perfectly CAS!

Kylie said...

Great set of cards, my friend. I am always amazed at how you go the extra mile and decorate the inside of the card AND the envelope. You are my hero! Guess what? I miss you! xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous make, thanks so much for joining us Colour Crazy Challenge this time
Claire xx

Craft buddy said...

What a fun set of cards - the leaf is really elegant and definitely meets our CAS brief. That gorilla cracks me up! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week! x Jessie

Linby said...

I had that peel off but it never looked this good! Great gorilla card too.

Chrissie said...

This is a fab take on the challenge Kathy and I think Peel offs might make a come back! Whaddya think?
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Helen Whitehead said...

Yay, I do love your sticker card - so creative a way to use them: and the same ones I used. Thanks for bringing my attention to your blog :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 296 - hope to see you again soon x

Neets B said...

Got here eventually, sorry for the late visit, Kathy! Love what you did with your peel-off and so glad we did this challenge so people could use some old faithfuls! You have some awesome stash, not sure I'd have much use for a gorilla but love the Christmas twist!
Thanks for playing along at Less is More, Anita x

Nonni said...

Great use of a peel-off sticker, I love this design with the square in the corner. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Pia Larsen said...

Great CAS card!
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our "Primary Colours" challenge. Hope to see you join us again soon :)
Pia xx